Update for Everyone IV - Hungover (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:29:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone IV - Hungover (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Update for Everyone IV - Hungover  (Read 115747 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: February 18, 2016, 05:15:47 PM »

Yeah, it's a bit uncomfortable all the time/painful some times, but the swelling should go down over the next month or so before they put in the prosthesis.

Ouch! I'm sorry to hear this. Good to hear you aren't in agony, though. May I ask what happened?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 11:04:03 PM »

Ugh, Texas A&M, why? Why must you be such a pain to apply for. Ugh!

I don't get it though, didn't you just move Sad?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 12:16:08 AM »

Awww, Cathcon, sweetie, trying to understand, engage or combat the scourge of cognitive dissonance on mankind and politics will only give you high blood pressure and popped blood vessels. You need to tune them out asap!

Sometimes ignorance truly is bliss Smiley
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 11:25:11 AM »
« Edited: March 07, 2016, 11:27:32 AM by Virginia »

What would be the etymologically correct word for procrastinating when the work you're putting off is actually due tomorrow?

I don't see why procrastinate can't be valid up until literally the last second. However, given the urgency, I think we could possibly borrow part of a term from the 90s and call it super procrastinator.

Yuppers. I have to deal with mindless people of various (but mainly liberal, although there's a neo-Nazi or two in there) ideologies every day, but generally try to tune it out. There's an old saying: you can't reason a man out of a position he wasn't reasoned into. So, sometimes it's better just not to try.

And I in Florida. I can't tell you how many times I've had to listen to people call Obama either a Muslim, not a legitimate president or spew any other number of Fox News talking points Sad
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 03:12:07 PM »

Was driving past the polling place the other day and saw some old guys crazily waving Trump signs at cars, so I slowed down and stuck my tongue out at him while giving thumbs down and he got real serious and spit on my car Cheesy

In his defense, my area, or at least my neighborhood, seems to be pretty anti-Trump so he may have gotten sh**t on a regular basis and just got fed up, but still. I find something about spitting very distasteful. It's not like I flipped him off or anything.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 01:21:27 AM »
« Edited: March 23, 2016, 02:20:12 AM by Virginia »

But that's the thing, I am a hack. If my life goes according to plan and I end up working for the party in some capacity, stopping my opponents will quite literally be my meal ticket.

You sound like you're aspiring to be the 2nd coming of Mitch McConnell Sad
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 02:15:23 PM »

I woke up very early, the sun is nice, I'm going for a long ride.

Well, just as I left it started to rain and I was dry to the bone, but I visited a site of "Marian apparition", because there's a very nice small wooded church there (and there's not much wooden churches left).

Do you bike a lot? Was looking at your pics (handsome btw!) and both are you out and about. I used to bike a lot myself down along the shore, but have taken up jogging the past year.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 11:56:40 AM »

I shall follow the example set by Antonio and take a leave. I got too much work now to get distracted... and this forum is a high-energy distraction.

aww you guys suck Sad
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 03:43:07 PM »

Had a woman tip me $5 just for seating her at a booth and taking her drink order....lol

I do that too, except not always $5. More like $3 - $5. I even tip when I pick up takeout from my favorite local establishments. They have had a lot of slow days the past year so I feel obligated to help out my fellow Americans.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 12:15:31 PM »
« Edited: May 27, 2016, 12:18:36 PM by Virginia »

All these "opinion of <user>" threads are making me feel bad. I'm sure lots don't care, but also sure lots may actually care if they see a poll showing everyone hates them.

People can say "it's the internet, who care", but obviously there is a person on the other side of each username here. If you're truly just acting like yourself (and not a troll), and everyone rates you terribly, that has to mean something.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2016, 12:58:42 PM »

Well, it's officially my birthday... now what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBkT19uH2RQ

Take over the world!

Tender this is an exceedingly low energy Update Undecided
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 10:39:52 PM »

I went on a 90~ minute hike yesterday and got chewed up by mosquitoes, bigly! Just want to rip my arms off to stop the itching Sad

Little bastards probably gave me Zika too
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 01:32:42 PM »

Well I'm back to Paris. Still awfully jet lagged. I've slept 3 hours in the past 35 hours.

Is this just a short vacation or a summer thing? Or permanent?

Well if we're all talking about taking breaks, this weekend I'm going to a place without internet access for three weeks (what fun)! So, unless something totally changes, I'll next be seeing you all in mid to late July!

Don't miss me too much (lol I know nobody cares Sad)

You're going to miss so many political hijinks and electoral fun Sad

Anywho, have fun!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2016, 05:01:19 PM »
« Edited: July 04, 2016, 09:10:51 PM by Virginia »

Happy Independence day, my fellow 'Muricans Cheesy

Dang it Sunrise, I was coming here to say Happy 4th! Beat me to it! Hope the day is treating you well.

Happy 4th all my other fellow Atlas compatriots!

Great night by the water
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2016, 09:40:10 PM »

Take your eyes off the road a few seconds to look at the $2.19/gallon (cash) sign on the other side of the street and turn back to find that there are locals crossing in the dead of night (really like 10:00 PM) close to an intersection where you have a green. You break to avoid hitting them, only thinking to use your horn as you slow to a halt; the only reaction is a female local indicating some level of annoyance that I would have any reaction to being forced to stop my vehicle in the middle of the street.

How dare you drive your car on a public road. What are you, some sort of elitist pig?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2016, 04:50:03 PM »

I think I'm in lovveeeeeeeeee (or, you know, maybe not, but it feels like it!)

Do you guys think it's possible to meet someone so great with so much chemistry that you fall in love right off the bat?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2016, 07:05:02 PM »

Congratulations! Cheesy I hope the feeling is mutual - or, if it isn't quite yet, that it has good chances of becoming. Smiley

Unfortunately, no . It's complicated I suppose. I met a girl that has really has me aloof. I do not think I've met anyone this compatible in years! Normally I would have divorced myself from this idea right away given that most women are off-limits, but I've been getting more than enough positive signs the past couple weeks that I think something could really happen here. I'm ecstatic!

FWIW, the one time I fell in love (at the moment it felt like love - right now it doesn't anymore, so I'm not sure if I had just convinced myself it was love or if it was love and I've since convinced myself it wasn't... I'll never know) it also happened surprisingly fast. Of course that never went anywhere so I wouldn't want to push the comparison. Tongue

That's what I was thinking of. Sometimes the feeling is just so powerful that it's hard to differentiate the two. It's entirely possible and even common to feel like it's love but, you know, love lasts, and everything else doesn't. I'm probably overreacting as usual but sweet jesus I have butterflies!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2016, 11:04:52 PM »

Your time on this rock is too short and tenuous to not go after something that has a chance at being so great!

If you have good reasons to believe you have a chance, I think you can at least be (diplomatically) honest with her and see if she's interested in at least seeing where that might go. I'm the last person who has any business giving out advice on these things (OK... next to last, after Cathcon Tongue), but at least that's what I'd do.

I'm just really shy, but I am working up to it

..And I swear Cathcon can be so comically dispiriting sometimes

Thanks guuuyysss~!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2016, 11:56:06 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2016, 12:05:09 AM by Virginia »

Really? Shocked I know people often act very differently online than IRL, but I never would have guessed!

I'm sure if I explained my childhood/adolescence it would make a lot of sense. As for here - Well, it's easy to be open on the Internet. I'm sure everyone knows that. It's the best part!

@SirenSad Thank yous! I'm going to move this along this week/end I think. I have very good feelings about this. It's just been such a long time. Embarrassingly long, actually
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2016, 04:34:41 PM »

We are now semi-officially dating!

I cooked her dinner and told her how I feel, and despite my conflicting inner thoughts, it was what it appeared to be! As I told someone else earlier today, ironically, it was a straight girl hitting on a practically-a-lesbian girl, with me being almost oblivious at first and later too shy to reciprocate, lol. I had been wondering how I got so lucky, but it turns out she had a crush on me from months ago when we met at a party, which again I did not even realize (given her personality it should have been obvious). It's just been so freakin long since I've dated that I think I am not even on the same wavelength as anyone anymore.

However, despite my happiness (and I am happy -  the most I have been in a long time), there are a lot of pitfalls here. She is straight, her family is pretty religious and she doesn't want anyone else in her life to know about us yet. Worse yet, she is very clearly unsure if she is doing the right thing here. I've had enough experience both personally and from friends to know that this kind of volatility is probably going to leave me devastated at some point, which is why I just can't shake this feeling that I've made a big mistake..

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2016, 05:34:28 PM »

Again I know I'm not saying anything useful, but I just really hope this ends well.

Thanks Antonio . Encouragement is useful!

Hopefully when I'm done worrying about how precarious this relationship is, I can start enjoying it!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2016, 01:25:30 PM »

I feel your pain

My car's water pump has to be replaced this week, in addition to a couple other things, and now I have to pay over $700, a surprise expenditure I was definitely unprepared for.

fml
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2016, 11:02:36 PM »

fckit
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2016, 05:44:00 PM »

thanks guys, that's sweet of ya'll to worry (and stalk). i was in the hospital and otherwise sulking by my lonesome, but I'll be fine. You can call off the dogs/Cathcons tho
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2016, 04:53:43 PM »

Hurricane Hermine is barreling right at me.

Looks like I lucked out on this one. I hope you have a poncho Sad

What kind of dog? Golden Retriever? So cute!

@icespear thx
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies