Update for Everyone IV - Hungover (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:22:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone IV - Hungover (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone IV - Hungover  (Read 117064 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: June 19, 2016, 09:10:40 PM »

last Monday I took my cat into the vet to get her vaccinations and a check up. She hadn't been eating much at all in the past few days at that point, and it turns out she had lost a fair bit of weight.  So the vet took a blood sample for my cat for some tests. I took her home and that night she started eating again, and has been since then. But on Wednesday i heard back about the blood tests, and the vet was concerned, said she has some warning signs for kidney or liver disease or possibly cancer.  So I take her in for an ultrasound tomorrow. I really really hope and pray to God it's not something that can't be treated.  She's so important in my life right now, it would turn my world upside down if anything happened to her. I realize that's a lot of responsibility to place on a cat, but that's how I feel.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 03:21:39 PM »

Some relatives of mine in Charleston, WV were removed from their house by a neighbor with a kayak at 3:00 AM due to the Elk River overflowing. They were stranded on a hill for twelve hours and police were not able to rescue them. They managed to make it home when waters receded and one relative who is in her late eighties is very shaken up.

Four people died up there. It's really bad.

hope the house didn't get too damaged.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 09:12:37 PM »

Very sorry, MormDem.  That's very awful. Sad

It looks like my cat will have to be put to sleep. Sad

Cats are great. So sorry to hear it Sad
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 07:39:10 PM »

I went over to the university to pay tuition for my son. It was a bit strange. For the first time in over 20 years I didn't need to be there to get ready to teach, and for the first time in over 40 years a fall semester was beginning and I wasn't in the employ of a college or university.
  you retired?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 12:50:57 PM »

Got the order today from my boss to "fix" the accounting for one of our products to "up" the sales of this product (on paper).

I don't like the fact of false accounting at ALL, but he also got pressure from his regional supervisor to increase the "sales" of this certain product.

Hmmmm ...

I go looking for another job if I were you.  Even if you don't get caught, a business that is rigging the books typically doesn't last long.

Unlikely. The cheat is extremely effective and the revision is totally unlikely to find it in the books. And it's only for one product out of thousands.
That you know of. Plus, while you may be applying a subtle cheat, others may not, especially if a subtle cheat is unable to provide the level of improvement being demanded of them. Furthermore, there's the danger that some of the other mid-level managers than your boss are encouraged by this negative example to cook the books for their own reasons.

Office Space 2:  $cammin' in the Alp$
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 08:53:51 AM »

After I take a big exam this morning, I can finally switch focus to the fact that I begin teaching my first college class tomorrow! With as recently as I was on the other side of the classroom, it's hard to believe that a University is going to entrust actual students to me. It's gonna be a bumpy ride settling in, but I'm excited to start what is hopefully a long road.

wow, what subject?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 05:35:38 PM »

I tried to sign up for the Friends of the Library at the university down the street, so I could borrow book. But they said they required a water or utility bill. But, I don't get those, since this is included in my rent.  I can only guess they do it this way as an underhanded way to discriminate against non-homeowners.   that sh**t.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 07:54:57 PM »

I tried to sign up for the Friends of the Library at the university down the street, so I could borrow book. But they said they required a water or utility bill. But, I don't get those, since this is included in my rent.  I can only guess they do it this way as an underhanded way to discriminate against non-homeowners.   that sh**t.

Would they accept a copy of your lease?

No, apparently it's a strict policy, though supposedly it's for proof of address. I asked if I could use my voter registration card and they said that wouldn't work.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 09:59:40 PM »

My friend picked up her cat this morning. Last night I noticed he chewed through one of my vinyl record jackets (for one of my favorite records) and I was a little upset. It's not bad, but it's noticeable. I guess I'm not cut out to care for a kitten.

I think you had an especially rascally kitten there.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 04:09:42 PM »

Recently I've been totally unable to relax. That sucks.

you tried chamomile tea?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2016, 04:36:13 PM »

My Grandma had yet another stroke last week, but didn't tell anyone about the fact that she couldn't use her left hand until yesterday when my Aunt was visiting her. They think she has lost the use of that hand permanently. I might be driving down to SoFl if she doesn't get released from the hospital by Friday.

that's nice of you.  hope she's ok.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2016, 02:16:12 PM »

Are the two mutually exclusive?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2016, 04:08:34 PM »

That was kind of my point: a female eunuch could definitely be possible by the way these things are defined.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2016, 10:19:51 PM »

So long story short, I've been completely driven out of my home of the last year and had to move into a bigger, more expensive unit in my building as a last resort.

Why can't you find another building?  Maybe somewhere safer?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2016, 02:20:22 PM »

Or maybe she legit just wants to be friends?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2016, 02:04:58 AM »

Wow!  Any idea whose it was?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2016, 12:45:23 PM »

Padre Pio's. Boston's been hosting it for the past several days, probably because our archbishop's a Capuchin.

I would have said that in the above post but I decided to lead with a 'hook'. Leave people wondering if I went to the Mutter Museum or something.

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2016, 12:36:05 PM »

Due to events that have arisen in my life, I will be withdrawing from the forum for an undetermined period of time. I ask for your thoughts and prayers.

Kindly,
Isaac

You got it. Sure hope everything turns out okay for you.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2016, 04:59:24 PM »

Just finished my other writing project, having reached to page 373.

Now, I'll die out of boredom.

Is this a book of some sort?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2016, 10:54:27 PM »

It's days like these that I don't live for...

I don't even know what to say any more... Sure, you might say I'm just a whiny teenager but goddamn my life sucks right now don't be surprised if you see less of me in the future (With my luck I'll make 78 posts tomorrow idek anymore)

I don't eve have anything to say I don't know wh Im doing this.... fml

What's this about?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2016, 02:11:42 AM »

lots of wind and rain here.  big tree just fell onto the roof of my parent's house.  They're fine...but so much for the hurricane missing Virginia.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2016, 09:29:22 PM »

I go to the surgeon tomorrow, see if he can do anything for my reflux.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2016, 12:29:08 PM »

I wish you the best, Shua.

It looks like I will get to visit Washington DC for the first time.  I will speak at a conference in Fairfax, Virginia in early December.

Thanks TDAS!  i really need to get better at looking at my calendar though. I got down there and realized it isn't until tomorrow.

What's the conference you will be speaking at?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2016, 01:49:42 PM »

It is a conference about a program that has helped college students with disabilities and I will just talk about the help I got when I went to college.  I was selected because I did better than other students at my school who got the support.

Congrats.  Hope you enjoy your time there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies