Update for Everyone IV - Hungover (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:46:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone IV - Hungover (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Update for Everyone IV - Hungover  (Read 115621 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: February 18, 2016, 01:06:20 AM »

I'm higher than a Chinese dragon.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 02:50:39 PM »

Whoa, just noticed your post Alfred. I'll be praying for you! Glad that things will improve in the end though.

I'm considering running for City Council because of how much of a s***fest it's become recently.
What city, if you don't mind me asking?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 05:42:14 PM »

Met Rubio today at his rally in Sanford, Florida! A lot of Hispanics at his rally too
Is he still a midget?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 07:46:42 PM »

I have a long drive to Miami tomorrow, but the free debate and pre-debate reception will be worth it.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 12:39:00 PM »

Proud to have cast my first presidential primary ballot for Donald Trump. My polling location was at a community center in a public housing complex, so naturally, there were no college aged Bernie people there on account of their fear of black people.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 06:52:28 PM »

Sid Dinerstein, the former PBC GOP Chairman, is on Smerconish right now as a Trump supporter. This is the same asshole who refused to let me meet Trump in 2011 when Trump and Allen West had a rally in Boca despite the fact that I literally used to sit at his table each month during the Republican Club meetings.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 08:01:12 PM »

Sid Dinerstein, the former PBC GOP Chairman, is on Smerconish right now as a Trump supporter. This is the same asshole who refused to let me meet Trump in 2011 when Trump and Allen West had a rally in Boca despite the fact that I literally used to sit at his table each month during the Republican Club meetings.

For a second I forgot who Michael Smerconish was and thought, confusedly, that you were talking about some county in Washington.
My uncle used to be a regular caller on his radio show, until his call screener and him got into it one day over his pro-Trump comments. Now she won't let him through.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 09:12:01 PM »

Just found out my best friend will be performing with the legendary George Clinton on Monday across the street at FSU. I'm so happy for him.

Also, I'm considering entering the district caucuses to be a delegate to the RNC. I have the backing of some people whose help will be instrumental, but my immediate bosses didn't seem to take my inquiries seriously. I'll bring it up again in a month assuming I still have the itch.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2016, 04:02:57 PM »

The headache isn't too bad. Nausea is the real bummer. I'm pretty hungry but can't ingest anything.
There is a time and a place for everything, and that place is called College.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2016, 10:11:58 PM »

I just got back from watching my best friend perform with George Clinton at FSU. Best concert ever.

On the way home, I was propositioned by an elderly Pearl Bailey looking hooker who offered me $5 head because I'm apparently "a cutie." I lied and said I was in a relationship to which she replied "how is she gonna know." At least somebody wants me Tongue.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2016, 08:25:41 PM »

My uncle said earlier today that all these Muslims and the Democrats loving them are going to cause an apartheid against whites.
Who doesn't have a crazy uncle?

I finally answered a campaign call (accidentally) this evening after missing the last three poll calls. It was Bernie Sanders volunteers. So, it is customary to politely lie to these people about who you are voting for, correct? Cuz I don't think I could've gotten into it with them tonight.

I never think it customary to politely lie to canvassers. They are trying to identify support that will help the campaign determine where it will spend resources. If they were given any training they should be able to handle a polite refusal without getting into a debate with the voter. The refusal tells the campaign what it needs to know and the volunteer can move quickly on to the next prospect.

Gotcha, I just screamed it fast cuz I had an incoming call, so hopefully they don't make decisions on that. Thanks for the help. I tend to panic on phone calls -- avoid at all costs generally
The most important thing I learned at AFP is that no answer, at the doors or at the phones, is a wrong answer.

I disagree; when I get calls from campaigns I oppose, which is extremely rare, I always tell them that I am a supporter because I actively want them to waste resources, even if it is just one stamp on an envelope.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2016, 09:32:29 PM »

My uncle said earlier today that all these Muslims and the Democrats loving them are going to cause an apartheid against whites.
Who doesn't have a crazy uncle?

I finally answered a campaign call (accidentally) this evening after missing the last three poll calls. It was Bernie Sanders volunteers. So, it is customary to politely lie to these people about who you are voting for, correct? Cuz I don't think I could've gotten into it with them tonight.

I never think it customary to politely lie to canvassers. They are trying to identify support that will help the campaign determine where it will spend resources. If they were given any training they should be able to handle a polite refusal without getting into a debate with the voter. The refusal tells the campaign what it needs to know and the volunteer can move quickly on to the next prospect.

Gotcha, I just screamed it fast cuz I had an incoming call, so hopefully they don't make decisions on that. Thanks for the help. I tend to panic on phone calls -- avoid at all costs generally
The most important thing I learned at AFP is that no answer, at the doors or at the phones, is a wrong answer.

I disagree; when I get calls from campaigns I oppose, which is extremely rare, I always tell them that I am a supporter because I actively want them to waste resources, even if it is just one stamp on an envelope.

I know other partisans who actively thwart the oppo like that when they call. I find that level of cynicism unproductive. I prefer an upfront approach, and most voters I know agree with me.
But that's the thing, I am a hack. If my life goes according to plan and I end up working for the party in some capacity, stopping my opponents will quite literally be my meal ticket.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2016, 10:55:24 PM »

Dave Pepper just retweeted me; I hope Fitzy doesn't murder me out of jealousy (where has he been, by the way? AAD?)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2016, 08:12:26 PM »

Found out this morning that the reason I haven't heard from my brother in a week is because he's in a detox center trying to kick heroin Sad.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2016, 08:13:00 PM »

Well, it seem I'll have to spend my entire Easter Saturday, and possibly part of Sunday, on finishing a translation before the deadline.

I need money for my planned epic cross-country motor scooter ride this summer Tongue

This picture made my day.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2016, 03:37:22 PM »

So this dude I kinda sorta know from down south got arrested for attempted murder.

http://floridapolitics.com/archives/205635-javier-manjarres-arrested-broward-county
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2016, 03:41:40 PM »

Damn. None of the people I kinda sorta know ever got arrested for anything bigger than public intoxication.

I guess I need to find more exciting buddies.
He's not my buddy, just a really annoying loser with an I-Phone and a crappy, malaware filled political blog. He just happens to run in many of the same circuits that I was involved with. Last I encountered him was around this time last year at the AFP open house, I think.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2016, 09:46:45 PM »

About to go a....ugh...trip.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2016, 09:36:27 AM »

So yeah, last night was my best and final journey.

Basically, I spent the entire night listening to The Beatles, Hendrix, Dylan, and The Dead. At dawn, while coming down, I took a very long walk around the FSU campus and listened to the amazing Jerry Garcia Band version of "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" and some Irish music until my phone died. I feel rejuvenated, relaxed, and energized for the day ahead. Having been on three or four mediocre trips and being well aware of the dangers, I decided that this is the best it's going to get. So yeah, Just Say No, etc, etc, etc.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2016, 05:41:56 PM »

My Spanish Teacher who is an immigrant from Mexico supports Trump.
Well yeah, illegals are a slap in his or her face.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2016, 06:12:21 PM »

Heading back to school starting this summer. It'll be a bit odd being an old student.  It'll be even odder going for an Associate Degree when I already have a Masters, but I already have the common core courses covered from previous work and I want enuf of the subject matter courses that I might as well pick up the degree since it won't entail any extra work on my part.

What's it fer?

Accounting.  I started working part-time at a tax prep place last year, more to help a friend out than anything else, but ended up doing more and more this past year at his full year accounting firm.  While I don't need the schooling to keep the job, which at this point is mainly data entry and back office, I thout I might as well get some formal schooling in what I'm doing.  To my surprise, when I mentioned my plans to that friend, he offered to have the firm pay for it, which was a pleasant surprise.
Cool!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2016, 09:35:58 PM »

So, the Tallahassee area has been flooded with homeless. The rumor 'round town is that five to six buses bringing them in from Atlanta with one way tickets pulled in on Sunday. You can't walk down the street without being asked for money, food, or cigarettes. It's becoming very aggravating, a many of them are very persistent and even get angry.

Today, around 6:00 PM (still broad daylight), my buddy Mike and I were on the front steps of my building smoking some cigarettes. He had his laptop out and was showing me something from the Dream Defenders group on Facebook. Mike is black, a Sanders supporter, and is very involved in the Juvenile Justice movement (he was on a C-SPAN panel a few months back) but was very upset about some SJW'ery post on their page that claimed that Harriet Tubman was an anti-capitalist revolutionary. As we were laughing about that, we were accosted by yet another bum.

He angrily demanded that we pull up some video on YouTube about compound interest and then started angrily screaming that he fast forward it to about six minutes in. When I took a glance at the screen, he began to scream "this ain't no white boy stuff" and told me to go inside. I took offense with that and told him to "fuck off back to Frenchtown." That angered him and he threatened to fight both of us, to which point my adrenaline kicked in and I decided to remind him that his shirt was inside out. My friend also noted that the video was dumb and tried explaining how it made literally zero sense (he's a finance major at FAMU) and the guy insisted that it made his dad rich. My buddy then asked him "so why 'aint you rich? You look like you just crawled out of Frenchtown."

At that point, he repeated his threats, and began screaming at my friend for being "a house n" and "traitor" for hanging out with the "cracker enemy" and so forth. I forget what led to him storming off, but he eventually went away. I'm rather paranoid about running into him, and the owner of the liquor store across the street told me that he was there all day in the parking lot demanding that the black patrons watch his video (and yelling at white patrons) until he had the police called on him. I guess that's when he showed up at my building.

Fun times in Tallynasty. I'm wondering if one of these days all these bums and street scum might turn on the students in town Planet of the Apes style (that gives me a short story idea Tongue)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2016, 10:12:21 PM »

So, the Tallahassee area has been flooded with homeless. The rumor 'round town is that five to six buses bringing them in from Atlanta with one way tickets pulled in on Sunday. You can't walk down the street without being asked for money, food, or cigarettes. It's becoming very aggravating, a many of them are very persistent and even get angry.

Today, around 6:00 PM (still broad daylight), my buddy Mike and I were on the front steps of my building smoking some cigarettes. He had his laptop out and was showing me something from the Dream Defenders group on Facebook. Mike is black, a Sanders supporter, and is very involved in the Juvenile Justice movement (he was on a C-SPAN panel a few months back) but was very upset about some SJW'ery post on their page that claimed that Harriet Tubman was an anti-capitalist revolutionary. As we were laughing about that, we were accosted by yet another bum.

He angrily demanded that we pull up some video on YouTube about compound interest and then started angrily screaming that he fast forward it to about six minutes in. When I took a glance at the screen, he began to scream "this ain't no white boy stuff" and told me to go inside. I took offense with that and told him to "fuck off back to Frenchtown." That angered him and he threatened to fight both of us, to which point my adrenaline kicked in and I decided to remind him that his shirt was inside out. My friend also noted that the video was dumb and tried explaining how it made literally zero sense (he's a finance major at FAMU) and the guy insisted that it made his dad rich. My buddy then asked him "so why 'aint you rich? You look like you just crawled out of Frenchtown."

At that point, he repeated his threats, and began screaming at my friend for being "a house n" and "traitor" for hanging out with the "cracker enemy" and so forth. I forget what led to him storming off, but he eventually went away. I'm rather paranoid about running into him, and the owner of the liquor store across the street told me that he was there all day in the parking lot demanding that the black patrons watch his video (and yelling at white patrons) until he had the police called on him. I guess that's when he showed up at my building.

Fun times in Tallynasty. I'm wondering if one of these days all these bums and street scum might turn on the students in town Planet of the Apes style (that gives me a short story idea Tongue)

Dear Lord....
You live in North Florida, right? Have you noticed a rapid uptick in the numbers?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2016, 08:06:11 PM »

Just saw my buddy from yesterday walking up the street screaming at some kids who have to be around 10-12 years old. They were leaving the Burger King across the street from me and walking back into Frenchtown.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2016, 09:03:40 PM »

I came into my apartment yesterday, and there was a 6 page Spanish-language newspaper on my couch opened to an article about protests and discontent at a Trump rally. XD In case, I go missing, you all should probably know. A rapist or murderer (or possibly good person) may have left it there.
When you find out, call this number.

1-866-DHS-2ICE (347-2423)

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies