Update for Everyone IV - Hungover (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:05:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone IV - Hungover (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone IV - Hungover  (Read 115757 times)
pikachu
United States

« on: March 10, 2016, 01:50:54 AM »

Seeing all of my semester school friends go home for spring break doesn't help my motivation to study for finals.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 08:00:35 PM »

I got to meet Chris Christie today. Even though I'm not a fan of his policies, it's really easy to see why people considered him a frontrunner for President before all of the bridge stuff. He comes off as really natural when you speak to him.

Also, after around 20 years of living in this country on a greencard, my aunt's getting citizenship next week so she can vote against Trump.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 01:19:36 AM »

In admittedly less dramatic news, today I taught my third round of sections, and for the first time I can say it went reasonably well. Far from perfect, mind you (I have that one class that where nobody ever participates and that one where they participate too much and kind of anarchically), but decent. I'm starting to be less stressed out about it.

Out of curiosity, which class?
pikachu
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 02:17:17 AM »

In admittedly less dramatic news, today I taught my third round of sections, and for the first time I can say it went reasonably well. Far from perfect, mind you (I have that one class that where nobody ever participates and that one where they participate too much and kind of anarchically), but decent. I'm starting to be less stressed out about it.

Intro to Comparative Politics.

Is it with Thies this quarter? I had him last Fall, and found that class really interesting.

Hey guys slept a little bit because it's about to start getting really bad. Currently the winds are at 40 mph gusting to around 60 mph in some OF the storms we didn't get a chance to board all the Windows so that is our biggest concern is thwm blowing out.

Good luck. When I was in the Northeast, we could barely handle a Category 1. Can't imagine what that's like...
pikachu
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 11:31:06 PM »

Apparently, there's a writer on our student newspaper who got married over the summer. I don't know him very well, but it's so weird that people my age, and are in a similar place in life as me, are already getting married.

Intro to Comparative Politics.

Is it with Thies this quarter? I had him last Fall, and found that class really interesting.

Wait, you're an undergrad at UCLA? Awesome! Cheesy What's your major? If you're planning to take more poli sci courses maybe you'll have me as a TA some day.

Yeah, it's Professor Thies teaching it. He's also my graduate advisor, which is part of why I wanted to start with this class. And I also found that he has a great teaching style.

I'm a PoliSci/Econ major, and I'm planning on concentrating in Comparative Politics, so maybe I'll see you. I did find him to be a better professor than a lot of other people said, but that might've been because I spend too much of time on Atlas Tongue
pikachu
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 06:50:39 AM »

I'm not sure if there's a worse feeling academically than screwing up an exam which you studied really hard for and was feeling really confident about...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies