Saturday's timeline
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:07:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Saturday's timeline
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Saturday's timeline  (Read 491 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 17, 2016, 06:48:02 PM »

What kind of timeline are we looking at in both contests on Saturday?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 06:49:38 PM »

I'll wake up, probably have breakfast, then go vote around mid afternoon. After that, I'll start drinking and prepare for the results to roll in. Then I'll take my Jeb! sign and burn it in my backyard after he finishes behind Rubio, shed a small tear and move on from this moment of my life.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 07:02:08 PM »

Democratic Caucuses in Nevada start at 11:00 AM PT, so 2:00 PM ET. Like Iowa, results should start coming in about 30 minutes to an hour afterwards.

Republican Primary goes from 7:00 AM ET to 7:00 PM ET.

I imagine we'll have close to full results in Nevada by the time counting starts in South Carolina. Should be a fun full day of elections! Cheesy
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 07:03:54 PM »

South Carolina primary is 7am to 7pm Eastern time.  Though as usual, shortly after 5pm we'll start getting early exit poll data, like how many Independents voted, what % of voters are Evangelical, what the most important issues are, etc.  But the topline numbers don't come until 7pm.

Nevada caucus starts at 11am local time, but Nevada's in the Pacific time zone, so that's 2pm Eastern.

In contrast to the incompetent Nevada Republicans, the Nevada Dems were actually quite fast in counting the vote back in 2008.  The state was called little more than an hour after the caucuses started, even though Clinton's margin of victory was in the single digits.  Of course, if the margin this time is as close as that CNN poll says it is, then it could still take a while.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 11:06:13 PM »

I imagine we'll have close to full results in Nevada by the time counting starts in South Carolina. Should be a fun full day of elections! Cheesy

Seriously?

That's lame I scheduled off work at 6:00PM thinking the Nevada Caucuses wouldn't start until later like Iowa.

Christ dammit.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 11:23:52 PM »

I'll wake up, probably have breakfast, then go vote around mid afternoon. After that, I'll start drinking and prepare for the results to roll in. Then I'll take my Jeb! sign and burn it in my backyard after he finishes behind Rubio, shed a small tear and move on from this moment of my life.

We'll save you a seat on the TRUMP TRAIN once you're ready, old friend.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies