Will Jeb! drop out after South Carolina?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 10:31:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Will Jeb! drop out after South Carolina?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 74

Author Topic: Will Jeb! drop out after South Carolina?  (Read 6862 times)
Stan
Rookie
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2016, 12:28:17 PM »

If He will take more votes than Rubio, why he should drop out?
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2016, 12:29:53 PM »

I think that a top-3 finish at least once in the first 3 states is a must to stay in. Has anyone ever gone on after not achieving that? (not counting completely quixotic candidates like Kucinich)

I think the last candidates to not finish in the top three in any of the first 3 contests and still go on to be competitive were Wesley Clark in 2004 and John Anderson in 1980. Otherwise it's back to Wallace and Humphrey in 1972.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2016, 12:30:17 PM »

I think that a top-3 finish at least once in the first 3 states is a must to stay in. Has anyone ever gone on after not achieving that? (not counting completely quixotic candidates like Kucinich)

So far, that's Bush and Carson. So I think this makes perfect sense. Bush staying on after New Hampshire had a certain logic. He beat Rubio there and Kasich was said to have low resources and looked like a potentially bad fit for South Carolina. So Bush had a not unrealistic hope of coming in 3rd there beating out Rubio and Kasich. Another bad Rubio showing in SC, he drops out. Kasich is forced out either then or after Bush beats him again in Nevada. Voila, establishment candidate and some sort of outside chance. By now it is clear that isn't happening of course, but it was worth a shot after NH.

Kasich was never going to drop out before Super Tuesday after getting 2nd in NH.
MIKESOWELL
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2016, 12:31:59 PM »

Jeb's goose is cooked.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2016, 12:33:41 PM »

The very definition of low energy loser will be gone soon? That's nice.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2016, 12:41:30 PM »

Well, if he finishes ahead of Rubio and Kasich then he shouldn't drop out, but I don't think that will happen.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2016, 12:43:42 PM »

Uh, I work for a firm that does Jebs! campaign and am in the office right now. The mood is rather grim, and nobody seems to be talking about the SC race. They've been testing automated calls all day and right now they are talking about something related to Greenville SC.

If he was dropping out, I'd hear about it though. I am close to one of the associates here and since I am the first (and probably the last, no matter how good I do) intern here, I get treated rather well and usually get the inside track-or as much as they are willing to tell me, at least.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2016, 12:44:20 PM »

If he is under 10%, it is possible. Otherwise, I highly doubt it.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2016, 12:52:33 PM »

RIP, exclamation point.

Please clap.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2016, 12:56:26 PM »

Uh, I work for a firm that does Jebs! campaign and am in the office right now. The mood is rather grim, and nobody seems to be talking about the SC race. They've been testing automated calls all day and right now they are talking about something related to Greenville SC.

If he was dropping out, I'd hear about it though. I am close to one of the associates here and since I am the first (and probably the last, no matter how good I do) intern here, I get treated rather well and usually get the inside track-or as much as they are willing to tell me, at least.

I'm assuming your joking, but if you're not than you must be telling the truth and have VERY VERY close ties to the Bush campaign. That's pretty obvious by your Ted Cruz sticker under your name LOL.

Adios JEB!!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2016, 01:02:23 PM »

I'm assuming your joking, but if you're not than you must be telling the truth and have VERY VERY close ties to the Bush campaign. That's pretty obvious by your Ted Cruz sticker under your name LOL.

Adios JEB!!

I don't think that working for a firm that does Jeb! signs means you must support him.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2016, 01:03:11 PM »

This should be a three man race anyway.

Bush should drop out, he is getting no traction whatsoever.

Carson should drop out, he became completely irrelevant as a candidate long ago.

Kasich should drop out after South Carolina, he had one success by default, and is not likely to have many more.  He is too bland.  Nothing compelling about him.

Then either Cruz or Rubio can go head to head with Trump and beat him.

I have a gut feeling Kasich is going to try to get to Ohio on March 15. He's essentially skipping South Carolina and Nevada.

Kasich will not drop out, whatever the result is.  The latest poll has him pretty much tied with Rubio and Bush, and just a few points behind Cruz, in a state where he is not really trying!
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2016, 01:05:24 PM »

Adios JEB!!

I don't think that working for a firm that does Jeb! signs means you must support him.

Guy hires you and keeps you on as an intern yet you don't support his efforts and publically embrace his competitor? That makes sense.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2016, 01:05:37 PM »

Adios JEB!!
Dude, I work for a consulting firm. We have many clients on statewide and federal races. It just so happens that I will not be voting for the candidate our firm supports.

You must be a dumbass. I can tell by your username and Rubio banner.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2016, 01:07:06 PM »

Adios JEB!!

Guy hires you and keeps you on as an intern yet you don't support his efforts and publically embrace his competitor? That makes sense.
I don't work for Jeb. I work his consulting firm. In fact, I have not done a single assignment related to Jeb's campaign. That information is too sensitive for my virgin eyes, though I did help out on the Rubio stuff.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2016, 01:09:44 PM »

I doubt it. Mr. Low-energy will wait till he gets creamed on Super Tuesday.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2016, 01:12:27 PM »

Adios JEB!!

He likely works for a consulting firm that just designs and produces the signs, not the actual campaign.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2016, 02:03:45 PM »

Adios JEB!!

He likely works for a consulting firm that just designs and produces the signs, not the actual campaign.
I'm not quite sure what exactly we do, but it is a lot more than just signs and social media.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2016, 03:25:59 PM »

Hopefully.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2016, 07:19:01 PM »

Jeb will remain until March 15.
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2016, 07:25:26 PM »

If he wants to prevent Trump getting the nomination he will. If he wants to be stubborn and guarantee Trump win he will stay in. Hopefully he sees reason.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2016, 06:01:54 AM »

This story is worth reading in full:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/jeb-bush-running-on-fumes-219474

Sounds like the money has dried up (because everyone who would potentially give him money has maxed out), the Super PAC only has $15 million left (though I guess that’s more than some of the other campaigns have), and several people in Bush-world will stage some kind of intervention after Saturday to convince him to quit, should he end up finishing well behind Rubio:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2016, 06:40:08 AM »

Until yesterday, I siad he would be done after Super Tuesday. But he might very well give up after SC. Especially if Kasich finishes ahead of him.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2016, 11:16:33 AM »

Oh no, Jeb! Bush will drop out having never gotten the White House. To quote the Cat in the Hat, "What a shame, what a shame, what a shame". Cry
Guys let's hold Jeb! Bush Rememberance Day, to honor Jeb!'s failed campaign. The guy ran the highest energy campaign in the history of the nation, he deserves it.  Cry
Tongue
cross-posted from Atlas after dark

AAD is primarily a squad of political "ultra-elite" keyboard warriors running off their virtual ego and high post count on an internet forum.

Not much coming out of there anyways.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2016, 11:21:37 AM »

AAD is primarily a squad of political "ultra-elite" keyboard warriors running off their virtual ego and high post count on an internet forum.

Not much coming out of there anyways.

Lol you're just mad because you're too low energy
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies