Is Trump racist?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:06:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is Trump racist?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Poll
Question: Is Trump racist?
Yes

Possibly

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 200

Author Topic: Is Trump racist?  (Read 13408 times)
ag
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2016, 10:09:30 PM »

Trump is responsible for a lot of the hatred that is occurring in the country right now. A lot of the hate crimes that are going against immigrants Muslims, Sikhs  can be directly attributed to Trump and the things that he has said when you go and you do the research on attackers or in this case suspects, a lot of support Trump or they believe it's okay to do this because Trump says its okay now I don't know whether or not he is racist or xenophobic I could give him the benefit of the doubt and say he isn't but he is stoking the flames and by extension that makes him a racist / xenophobe.

TRUMP isn't the one who decided to start cutting off people's heads or knock down the Twin Towers.

Give him a bit more time: he will easily learn.
MIKESOWELL
United States

« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2016, 12:27:46 AM »

Donald Trump to me is just taking a page (to an extent) from George Wallace: more of an opportunist, rather than being a pure racist himself.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2016, 12:56:01 AM »

You have to win the AFC Championship game first to play in the superbowl.    Its just him running to the right on issues because thats were the GOP base is now.   Just ask Jeb how it worked out when he spoke from the heart.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2016, 12:58:22 AM »

You have to win the AFC Championship game first to play in the superbowl.    Its just him running to the right on issues because thats were the GOP base is now.   Just ask Jeb how it worked out when he spoke from the heart.

Alternately, you could also ask Mitt how it worked out when he tried to move back to the center after running to the right in the 2012 GOP primaries.  
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2016, 01:44:11 AM »

You have to win the AFC Championship game first to play in the superbowl.    Its just him running to the right on issues because thats were the GOP base is now.   Just ask Jeb how it worked out when he spoke from the heart.

Alternately, you could also ask Mitt how it worked out when he tried to move back to the center after running to the right in the 2012 GOP primaries.  

TRUMP isn't a stiff like Mittens and way more skilled.   

Problem is in 2012 Mitt played into the perception that he would say or change anything to become presdent.  The fact that people really think trump feels this say about the things he says should tell you that he comes across more believeable then Mitt.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2016, 01:58:03 AM »

I don't know if Donald Trump is, deep down, someone with an active hatred of other races/ethnicities. What I do know is that he ostensibly has no qualms about running a presidential campaign that is clearly fanning the flames of racism and religious intolerance. For me, that is over the line.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2016, 02:15:33 AM »

If I said last 40 years would it be better?

You'd still be wrong but there'd at least be a debate to be had

Ford
Carter
Reagan
Bushes
Clinton.

Nope, no racists here.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2016, 04:55:29 AM »

I don't know if Donald Trump is, deep down, someone with an active hatred of other races/ethnicities. What I do know is that he ostensibly has no qualms about running a presidential campaign that is clearly fanning the flames of racism and religious intolerance. For me, that is over the line.

How is he running a racist campaign??   

Religious intolerance?    You must be talking about that Ted Cruz and Glenn Beck ticket?
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2016, 09:09:43 AM »

Religious intolerance?    You must be talking about that Ted Cruz and Glenn Beck ticket?
That's what I've been trying to figure out.  How do they jump to that conclusion?

I think a lot of it is, they think his supporters, the party generally, and the country (other than them) are racist, so Trump is pandering to people other than them, so he is running a racist campaign. 

You have to have some sort of thought process like that. 
Also, anything not P.C. is racist to some.   
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2016, 12:21:48 PM »

Religious intolerance?    You must be talking about that Ted Cruz and Glenn Beck ticket?
That's what I've been trying to figure out.  How do they jump to that conclusion?

I think a lot of it is, they think his supporters, the party generally, and the country (other than them) are racist, so Trump is pandering to people other than them, so he is running a racist campaign.  

You have to have some sort of thought process like that.  
Also, anything not P.C. is racist to some.    

As a rapist,... or, may be, a good person, I will speak clearly. And without any PC: so, you are welcome to report me to the moderators, if clear non-PC speech is distasteful to you. Yes, there are a lot of people around (for instance, yourself), who, either because they are genuinely scared of ghosts in their imagination, or simply because they were born to vile female dogs, dislike or hate those of different racial, ethnic, religious, etc. backgrounds. Trump very obviously plays to those fears and hatred. He has built his entire campaign on anti-Hispainc, anti-Muslim, anti-whatever verbiage and dog-whistling. You might not see this: perhaps, because you are truly and spectacularly childlike and innocent. Most likely, though, you enjoy it: this is exactly what you like about his campaign. It gives you a feeling of superiority over all those "non-Americans" (Miami Cubans included): you have nothing else to be proud of, so you are proud of being the right good kind making America great.

So, let me be very clear: as a rapist,... or, possibly, a good man should be. I despise you. Not because you belong to any particular group of people: but because of what you are yourself, personally, by choice. We all too frequently follow precepts of "political correctness" you claim to dislike (and without the protection of which you would not know how to live a day) in not letting people know what we think of them: it would be impolite. Well, when fascism is up, it is no time to keep down. Every fascist should know what others think of him: there should be no hiding behind the liberal tolerance. Every person has a choice: to be a decent human being, or to be a piece of hateful trash. You made your choice: and dare show your face in human society, "innocently" enquiring, why are we so enraged around here. Well, we are: and you know full well why.

Now be a good PC-boy, and go ask protection of the moderators.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2016, 01:14:46 PM »

Close your eyes, cover your ears.

This is what Trump supporters are doing.
They hear a whole-lot-of facts and good points being made by Atlas members, but they don't want to see or hear it. Why ? Because the truth hurts.

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2016, 01:37:07 PM »

Best quotes ( ..... in conclusion ....)

It does not matter if he honestly believes in his heart the things that he is saying. If you go around actively stoking the flames of hatred among people who definitely do believe those things, then you are responsible for the result, and you are a racist. If you go around scapegoating another race for your own personal gain, then you are a racist regardless of whether you believe the stereotypes you are peddling.

A willingness to race-bait for one's own political advantage counts as racist to me.  Race-baiting elicits racist sentiments among the public, and a willingness to do that is tantamount to condoning racism.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2016, 01:49:12 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2016, 02:06:58 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Trump is responsible for a lot of the hatred that is occurring in the country right now. A lot of the hate crimes that are going against immigrants Muslims, Sikhs  can be directly attributed to Trump and the things that he has said when you go and you do the research on attackers or in this case suspects, a lot of support Trump or they believe it's okay to do this because Trump says its okay now I don't know whether or not he is racist or xenophobic I could give him the benefit of the doubt and say he isn't but he is stoking the flames and by extension that makes him a racist / xenophobe.

TRUMP isn't the one who decided to start cutting off people's heads or knock down the Twin Towers.

Yeah !! And let's not forget about those damn Muslims who also "knocked down" the federal building in The Oklahoma City Bombing of 1995. They killed 168 people, including children that were in the day care center in that building.

Oh wait ...... the perpetrators were white Americans (and non-Muslim).
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2016, 05:25:32 PM »

Interesting article dated today Feb 23rd, in The New York Times ....

Measuring Donald Trump’s Supporters for Intolerance

Link : http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/upshot/measuring-donald-trumps-supporters-for-intolerance.html?rref=upshot
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2016, 05:27:30 PM »

Even Sharpton refuses to say so. You all are so hysterical!
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2016, 05:29:57 PM »

TRUMP is in no way racist. However, Hillary Clinton made several racially charged attacks against OBAMA in 2008, while Bernie Sanders moved away from Brooklyn to the whitest state in the country because there were too many African-Americans in Brooklyn. Both of them are deeply racist. TRUMP, however, has a great relationship with the blacks.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2016, 08:54:09 PM »

Relevant bump
yankeesfan
« Reply #117 on: March 10, 2016, 11:14:21 AM »

http://gawker.com/trump-supporter-sucker-punches-protestor-at-north-carol-1764017993

Here's another example of Trump inciting violence.  

"At last night’s Trump rally in Fayetteville, North Carolina, a group of protestors were being peacefully led out by security when a Trump supporter stood up and sucker-punched one of the protestors as he was walking by. The unprovoked attack was captured on video from multiple angles."
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #118 on: March 13, 2016, 03:35:01 AM »
« Edited: March 13, 2016, 03:39:32 AM by Meclazine »

I dont think Trump is racist.

He is opportunistic in that he sees problems in the USA and abroad with issues such as immigration, trade and terrorism.

Donald has devised very simple plans to fix them for the American people.

Those plans are being interpreted as racist because they directly involve ethnic groups, respectively Mexican, Chinese and Radical Islamic groups from Syria and Western Iraq.

That is the mandate he is taking to the people.

He is saying that these issues are not being fixed at great expense to the country.

I think Donald is an alarmist. If a country grew its national debt from $5 trillion to $20 trillion in 8 years, most people would be alarmed.

Donald is simply trying to apply his business acumen to running the USA financially.

Donald Trump is the least intelligent of the republican candidates now Jeb Bush is gone.

Donald is not politically correct, he is crude and sometimes reminiscent of a cage fighting announcer, but he is not a racist.

ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2016, 03:40:23 AM »

Whether Trump is a racist, is not a very interesting question, given that his supporters, almost without exception, are.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2016, 05:48:44 AM »

Whether Trump is a racist, is not a very interesting question, given that his supporters, almost without exception, are.

I am TRUMP's supporter and I am not a racist.
Only a tiny minority of TRUMP's supporters are racists.
Please give evidence for such claims, which have nothing to do with PC filter being on or off. They are clear insults unbecoming of a moderator or a regular member of this forum.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2016, 06:58:10 AM »

Ugh, of course he is.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2016, 07:05:25 AM »

You are not very helpful with comments like this. Please give evidence in support of your claims.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2016, 07:06:51 AM »

You are not very helpful with comments like this. Please give evidence in support of your claims.

Most votes on here saying Yes and possibly should be evidence enough.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2016, 07:15:31 AM »

Most votes on here saying Yes and possibly should be evidence enough.

This forum is dominated by people who don't agree with TRUMP's ideology, policy positions, discourse and style. These things may influence their opinion.
Part of that is the fact they are PC conditioned and unaccustomed to free, uncensored speech. That part will wear off in time.

We need concrete evidence of TRUMP being a racist to claim something like that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies