How would the 2016 GOP and DEM races have gone if.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:24:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  How would the 2016 GOP and DEM races have gone if.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How would the 2016 GOP and DEM races have gone if....  (Read 2008 times)
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« on: March 28, 2016, 08:24:46 PM »

No way Romney would have won the nomination. I think part of the reason he didn't run again was because he wasn't polling that well.

The anti-establishment energy would have been squarely behind one of the right-wing Republican candidates (an actual right-winger like Walker, Cruz or Rubio). I say one of them would have been the man to beat. Rand Paul may have done a little better. Jeb! still would have floundered. Kasich would unfortunately still be doing well since I don't think Trump cost Rick Perry that last podium at the first Fox News debate in Cleveland. Rubio may never have made the gaffe that cost him his campaign. Christie may have been able to yell his way into first place but would have had a hard time staying there when the spotlight would fall on his record in New Jersey.

The person who would have done the best relative to how he actually did is Scott Walker. Without Trump, he probably wouldn't have lost his lead in Iowa unless it was taken away by Ted Cruz, and Walker may have matched Cruz's intensity there. Remember, Walker was leading by around 9 points in the state until the fascist came along.

Unlike Trump and Cruz, I could see Walker being someone that Kasich may have respected enough to drop out and endorse.

I say Walker would have won Iowa solidly, a divided establishment vote would quite possibly have handed him New Hampshire as well, and if that were to happen, the nomination would likely be his.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies