Most liberal state GOP/most conservative state Dems
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:21:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Most liberal state GOP/most conservative state Dems
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most liberal state GOP/most conservative state Dems  (Read 2476 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 23, 2016, 05:39:12 AM »

Which state Republican Party is the most liberal/moderate? And which state Democratic Party is the most conservative? So, where are the most RINOS and DINOS?

I go with the MA GOP, but no idea about Dems. AL, WY or TX maybe?
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 09:06:06 AM »

CT GOP may be even more moderate then MA - it's much more difficult to make successfull career as Republican in Massachusetts, so "faithful of faithful" (and thus - conservative)  tend to dominate Massachusetts party on local level. And, surely, after vast majority of conservative whites left Democratic party in the South, and party there became, essentially, "black party" - it became much more liberal then in many other states. I would name KY, WV, WY as candidates for most conservative Democratic parties (WY - because of very strong libertarian pro-gun streak even among Democrats)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 12:47:31 PM »

The NY GOP is pretty moderate.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 05:22:04 PM »

I vote WV Dems and Mass GOP
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 05:46:51 PM »

Massachusetts Republicans are not the correct answer, 'moderate' figures like Weld and Baker notwithstanding.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 12:19:44 PM »

Outside of the Southern states, I would say that the most conservative Dem parties are in Hawaii and Rhode Island. A good deal of the rank and file Democratic legislators in the former should be Republicans, and some were.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 02:06:07 AM »

Outside of the Southern states, I would say that the most conservative Dem parties are in Hawaii and Rhode Island. A good deal of the rank and file Democratic legislators in the former should be Republicans, and some were.

Normal situation for essentially 1-party states. I can name substantial number of Wyoming and Utah moderate Republican legislators, who would be a moderate (or even moderate-liberal) Democrats in many other states. But in Utah and Wyoming the Democratic nomination is, usually, useless, so they try to build their career as moderate Republicans. Hawaii and Rhode Island vice versa....

And in number of Southern states a big part of "sane wing" (usually - moderate conservative) of Republican party consist of former Democrats. It became much more convenient and easy for them to run and win as Republicans, so - they switched, but most of them were always more pragmatists then ideologues, so they filled the ranks of "sane wing" of Republican party..
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 09:54:05 AM »

Rhode Island for both.  

(Not actually true, but possibly true for most liberal GOP, which still has its share of Chaffee types, and the Dems are quite conservative for a blue state.  The gap between the two parties is almost certainly smallest there.)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 01:19:09 PM »

Which state Republican Party is the most liberal/moderate? And which state Democratic Party is the most conservative? So, where are the most RINOS and DINOS?

Are you implying there's such a thing as Alabama Democratic Party?

I mean, they're rumours it exists, but all the clues so far has been some blurry photos:

James Bond 007
Rookie
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 02:57:41 AM »

I don't follow any state politics besides my own.  Our Republicans are of the utmost conservative.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 01:17:48 PM »

VT GOP/LA DEM

P123

Political Matrix
E: 3.64, S: 3.20

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2016, 05:10:47 AM »

Are you implying there's such a thing as Alabama Democratic Party?

I mean, they're rumours it exists, but all the clues so far has been some blurry photos:

Legend has it they once dominated state politics.
P123

Political Matrix
E: 3.64, S: 3.20

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2016, 05:13:18 AM »

Most Liberal:Rhode Island/NY GOP
Most Conservative:OK/ARKANSAS DEMS

Oklahoma is clearly has the most Conservative Democratic party, I mean just look at the rage voting against Obama and random candidates getting high % this year. Fun fact, many Hawaii Conservatives are registered/elected as Democrats do to the Republicans having no electoral power.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2016, 06:05:59 AM »

Oklahoma is clearly has the most Conservative Democratic party, I mean just look at the rage voting against Obama and random candidates getting high % this year. Fun fact, many Hawaii Conservatives are registered/elected as Democrats do to the Republicans having no electoral power.

Yes on Hawaii, No on Oklahoma (old-style conservative Democrats are mostly substituted by Republicans now, and Democratic faction became much more urban and slightly more liberal as of late), may be - on Arkansas (though the same process is going on there as well, and old-style conservative Democrats are more and more substituted by Republicans now, and Democratic party becomes "black and urban" party now...
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2016, 10:27:06 PM »

Yes on Hawaii, No on Oklahoma (old-style conservative Democrats are mostly substituted by Republicans now, and Democratic faction became much more urban and slightly more liberal as of late), may be - on Arkansas (though the same process is going on there as well, and old-style conservative Democrats are more and more substituted by Republicans now, and Democratic party becomes "black and urban" party now...

Oklahoma could be the answer- a pro-life advocate who switched to the Democratic Party to run against Obama in the 2012 primary won several counties in the state!
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2016, 11:20:34 PM »

Oklahoma could be the answer- a pro-life advocate who switched to the Democratic Party to run against Obama in the 2012 primary won several counties in the state!

Disagree. That shows dislike for Obama (reflected in General election results too), and - nothing more. Obama, by some reason, is heavily disliked even by many Democrats in Appalachian and some (Tennesee, Arkansas, Oklahoma) border South areas..
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies