How does the GOP win young voters once baby boomers and gen-x are gone? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:43:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  How does the GOP win young voters once baby boomers and gen-x are gone? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How does the GOP win young voters once baby boomers and gen-x are gone?  (Read 3109 times)
sg0508
United States

« on: February 26, 2016, 06:51:18 PM »
« edited: February 26, 2016, 06:53:16 PM by sg0508 »

Most of the Millenials, myself included identify "Clinton" as their/our president growing up.  The economy (his doing or not) was fantastic, there were jobs everywhere, we were at peace abroad, and none of us really cared about Lewinskygate. The mid-terms of '98 proved most Americans didn't care all that much either.  Then....we had George Bush.  Enough said.  

The baby votes in 2012 are startling though. Most of our parents identified with Ike and JFK, and maybe some LBJ, who they hated by the end of his full term.  That's how most middle class white became moderate republicans until the 90s...at least I think?
sg0508
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 05:57:44 PM »

Our biggest problem is that we're not used to talking to young people.  It's just a matter of getting out there and speaking to them in ways they can understand.  The same could be said about minorities, but would take more work. In our favor is that young voters under 25 don't vote in very impressive numbers.
Your party and formerly mine, is talking to young people with their constant rhetoric.  Do you think the spectacle that the GOP has become in these debates and particularly, the Cruz-type is going to attract younger voters to the Republicans?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies