My Idea for electing Supreme Court justices (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:31:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  My Idea for electing Supreme Court justices (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My Idea for electing Supreme Court justices  (Read 3949 times)
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 20, 2016, 07:57:45 PM »

I do not see any advantage in electing Supreme Court Justices, nor in having them serve for a fixed number of years. No the Supreme Court is not working just fine, like one person said, but the problem with how the Supreme Court behaves comes from a lack of objectivity. They are too political, because that's the underlying reason why the Presidents appoint them. Presidents from both parties have been selecting who to appoint based on the ideology of the appointees, which translates into the fact that the Justices base their decisions on their own ideologies. Presidents need to appoint people because of their commitment to objectivity. Looking back at the last 100 years, the best example of a President choosing someone for that reason was when Herbert Hoover appointed Benjamin Cardozo. We, the electorate, should start demanding that our presidential candidates look at that appointment as the ideal that should be emulated.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies