How do you feel about a Clinton Presidency?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:03:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How do you feel about a Clinton Presidency?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: How do you feel about a Clinton Presidency?
Excited

Optimistic

Concerned

Scared

other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 126

Author Topic: How do you feel about a Clinton Presidency?  (Read 2094 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2016, 03:27:47 PM »

I think she'll be a decent president, but because of the image Republicans have crafted of her (with Hillary's help, of course), people will overreact or judge her more harshly for things largely out of her control, or highly misconstrued.

Also, these polls should have the same options, but separated by party. I'm willing to bet a lot, but not all! of the more positive results were from Democrats/liberals, and a lot of the negatives from Republicans/conservatives.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2016, 03:28:58 PM »

I always considered Hillary vastly overrated and I'd feel catious, to say the least.

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2016, 03:29:00 PM »

It would be a disaster for the Democratic Party.
Chaddyr23
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.19, S: -5.83

P P
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2016, 03:30:40 PM »

Haha I was about to write this in myself
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2016, 03:58:25 PM »

Such rational, grounded, and historically literate analysis.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2016, 04:33:01 PM »

Disgusted
SingingAnalyst
mathstatman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2016, 06:17:48 PM »

I think she'll be a decent president, but because of the image Republicans have crafted of her (with Hillary's help, of course), people will overreact or judge her more harshly for things largely out of her control, or highly misconstrued.

Also, these polls should have the same options, but separated by party. I'm willing to bet a lot, but not all! of the more positive results were from Democrats/liberals, and a lot of the negatives from Republicans/conservatives.
Perhaps I could have done that. I put out an identical poll for Trump. So far feelings toward Trump are a lot more negative and polarized (fewer "optimistic" and more "scared").
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2016, 06:19:25 PM »

Concerned.  I wonder how divisive and obnoxious she would be.  I think we would all get sick and tired of her within about a year.  I know I would certainly get sick, if not of that, of all the fake media scandals that would dominate coverage of her as they always have.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2016, 06:43:20 PM »

This. Yay. Cause the status quo has been sooooo good.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2016, 07:18:59 PM »

Concerned but honestly as much as I hate her now, she is gonna be better than Trump.

But she has no chance - her baggage - Bill's affairs & her role, Emails, Clinton foundation coupled with her being an establishment candidate when the country is anti-establishment, her Wall Street ties, Super PAC & Speaking fees, her horrible role as Secretary, her support of TPP, NAFTA means she is perfect foil & a set-up for a Trump victory..

Trump & the entire media will make Hillary look like a BOUGHT Wall Street Dishonest politician & will attack her bad.

Democrats should really be concerned - About to loose the white house to a lunatic while fielding a candidate with 0 appeal to the GOP or Independents or Young people & is considered VERY DISHONEST
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2016, 07:34:07 PM »

From an economic perspective, Obama took the national debt from 5 to 20 trillion dollars.

That means he forced each US citizen to take their individual ND loan of $15,000, and up it to a $60,000 loan against their will.

Hilary appears to be the "more of the same" candidate, so i would be concerned on this fact alone.

But presidency requires more than just economic management.

How does she look on a defence-military basis? I simply dont know what kind of decisions she would make on troop movements.

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2016, 07:44:43 PM »
« Edited: February 27, 2016, 07:47:38 PM by Virginia »

Concerned but honestly as much as I hate her now, she is gonna be better than Trump.

But she has no chance - her baggage - Bill's affairs & her role, Emails, Clinton foundation coupled with her being an establishment candidate when the country is anti-establishment, her Wall Street ties, Super PAC & Speaking fees, her horrible role as Secretary, her support of TPP, NAFTA means she is perfect foil & a set-up for a Trump victory..

Trump & the entire media will make Hillary look like a BOUGHT Wall Street Dishonest politician & will attack her bad.

Democrats should really be concerned - About to loose the white house to a lunatic while fielding a candidate with 0 appeal to the GOP or Independents or Young people & is considered VERY DISHONEST

lol

As if Trump doesn't have all those issues - Liar, fraud, cheat, corrupt, etc, even worse than Hillary. I love how people conveniently forget just what kind of man Trump is and how much of a terrible, scumbag history he has. You have so much bias in so many respects, Shadows, it must literally stink up the area around you.

Long live St. Trump Smiley
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2016, 09:41:02 PM »

You'd think you would've learned to stop underestimating Hillary Clinton by now.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2016, 10:03:11 PM »

lol

As if Trump doesn't have all those issues - Liar, fraud, cheat, corrupt, etc, even worse than Hillary. I love how people conveniently forget just what kind of man Trump is and how much of a terrible, scumbag history he has. You have so much bias in so many respects, Shadows, it must literally stink up the area around you.

Long live St. Trump Smiley

I don't like Trump - But here is the deal. While I feel Trump is also a lier, dishonest & possible has scandals up his closet there is no one who touches Hillary Clinton as far as scandals, lies & dishonesty goes.

You add to the fact that a self-funded candidate is running against a scam tainted public official fighting with Special Interests, Lobbyists, Wall Street & Super PAC money, it is a no brainer.

He will play the "Elizabeth Warren" Video over and over again, he will call Bill Clinton's victims & get them to recite how Hillary threatened them, he will dig up stuff from the Clinton mails & foundation.

When you have got a subpoena for your Foundation & are under a FBI Investigation for the email thing, you should not be talking about Trump.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2016, 10:05:46 PM »

I always considered Hillary vastly overrated and I'd feel catious, to say the least.

Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2016, 10:16:31 PM »

Excited/optimistic
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2016, 10:24:14 PM »

Meh. But at least it isnt Trump.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2016, 10:29:19 PM »

Bleh. I'd prefer a conservative, but it's not like she'll get anything too liberal through a Republican Congress, and we'd have a pretty deep bench to run against her in 2020.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2016, 10:31:52 PM »

Frightened, despondent, mortified, etc.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2016, 10:33:45 PM »

Bleh. I'd prefer a conservative, but it's not like she'll get anything too liberal through a Republican Congress, and we'd have a pretty deep bench to run against her in 2020.

Republicans had a very deep bench in 2016, look how that turned out.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2016, 10:34:17 PM »

Optimistic, but mostly satisfied (just as I felt upon President Obama's reelection). I do trust that Hillary will be a very adept administrator in terms of the day-to-day governance that the Presidency entails. If Congress becomes more amenable, there will be further opportunities. However, most importantly, a President Hillary Clinton will almost certainly establish (and cement) a liberal majority on the Supreme Court for the first time since 1971.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2016, 10:36:32 PM »

Republicans had a very deep bench in 2016, look how that turned out.

Touche, but there's really no way of knowing how things will go. It's ages away.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2016, 10:46:03 PM »

I'd expect a Clinton Presidency to be incremental and a consolidation of the previous administration.  Which I'm just fine with. 
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2016, 10:52:35 PM »

I think it's going to happen. I hope she'll not be a third Obama term and fight to stop the deck stacking, but probably not. Meh. I'll just be fighting the progressive fight from the left until we get our wish.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2016, 03:11:00 AM »

It's just a shame what choices we have this election. Is Hillary really the best we can do?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies