Have you been blocked on Twitter by anyone remotely famous?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:32:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Have you been blocked on Twitter by anyone remotely famous?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Have you been blocked on Twitter by anyone remotely famous?  (Read 4426 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2016, 09:54:01 PM »

Speaking of Twitter, I just got into a major Twitter war with some Rubio staffers. They kept dismissing me as "lowly intern", "kid", "son", etc. But I fired back with one tweet that I think is really good.

Me: @randomRubiostaffer Ok. Enjoy losing the election to a racist, loudmouthed reality star. I'm sure that'll look great on your resume come 2020.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2016, 01:09:27 AM »

People can have...full-time vine careers?

Is this an industry?

Do they have agents?

Do they have awards banquets?

I'm not sure how to react to this.

While I don't know how successful the younger Paul has been, his older brother, who graduated from my high school two years ahead of me -- also a full-time professional Viner, I cannot stress this point enough -- is reported to be a millionaire: http://www.the-net-worth.com/2015/08/logan-paul/

So, while I cannot tell you how the industry works, I can assure you that it is real.
DS0816
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2016, 04:10:35 AM »

I got blocked by Derek Savage, the man who directed and produced the Cool Cats movie series because I said his movie sucked.

He likely figured you to be a troll and didn't want you to continue.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2016, 05:40:55 AM »

Isn't this basically asking 'are you a psycho or creepy stalker'?

(and the answer is no)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2016, 06:07:22 AM »

I got blocked by Derek Savage, the man who directed and produced the Cool Cats movie series because I said his movie sucked.

This guy doesn't take criticism at all, if you say anything remotely negative about his films, he threatens legal action against you and issues copyright claims on youtube of negative reviews, he then flips his s[inks] over these reviews and makes passive-aggressive threats to others.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2016, 10:45:01 AM »

Isn't this basically asking 'are you a psycho or creepy stalker'?

(and the answer is no)

There are some famous people who are really block-happy and use it as a way to not have to listen to reasonable criticism. I don't have a Twitter, but Richard Dawkins is one of these people and he's blocked a couple of my friends.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2016, 02:01:09 PM »

I'm guessing you don't know who Derek Savage is.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2016, 10:50:34 PM »

While I don't know how successful the younger Paul has been, his older brother, who graduated from my high school two years ahead of me -- also a full-time professional Viner, I cannot stress this point enough -- is reported to be a millionaire: http://www.the-net-worth.com/2015/08/logan-paul/

So, while I cannot tell you how the industry works, I can assure you that it is real.

Holy crap.

I'm generally behind the free-market, but...the invisible hand does some weird stuff sometimes.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2016, 01:19:38 PM »

Twitter is stupid and I don't use it
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2016, 07:24:50 AM »

Holy crap.

I'm generally behind the free-market, but...the invisible hand does some weird stuff sometimes.
Many many many people's only job is making content for their YouTube channel.  It's one of the many great things about the internet.  If you can create content good enough to get a few hundred thousand people to watch your sh**t for 10-20 minutes a day you deserve to get paid and it's awesome that Google/YouTube facilitates that.  I'd like to get in on that action but I'm untalented.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2016, 10:48:11 AM »

Discovered today that I have been blocked by Tomi Lahren, who is this blonde 23 year old bimbo who was given a tv show on The Blaze just because she is hot and cheap and slings around red meat criticizing black people. She also goes on Twitter rants moaning about the people who criticize her. I called her something along the lines of a millennial biggot. I'm happy to have gotten under her skin to have her take the time to block me.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2016, 10:58:11 AM »

Discovered today that I have been blocked by Tomi Lahren, who is this blonde 23 year old bimbo who was given a tv show on The Blaze just because she is hot and cheap and slings around red meat criticizing black people. She also goes on Twitter rants moaning about the people who criticize her. I called her something along the lines of a millennial biggot. I'm happy to have gotten under her skin to have her take the time to block me.
Tomi's a good gal though
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2016, 11:38:42 AM »

No, but a friend of mine was blocked by DWS for trolling on her page with conservative comments and by Jerry Falwell for getting mad at his Trump endorsement.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2016, 01:49:50 PM »

Mike Murphy.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2016, 02:09:27 PM »

I've heckled a Tory parliamentary candidate; and had a chance to shout at Nick Clegg when I saw him walking around during the budget in '14, but beyond that no.

Also, not that it matters/or is interesting but Youtubers make a phenomenal amount of money ( I read the most popular get six figures in advertising alone) let alone the amount of crap they sell 
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2016, 02:10:11 PM »

Tomi's a good gal though

I don't want to turn this in to a big debate about her, so I'll just say this: I didn't want to hate her when I first saw her. But in addition to her occasional attacks on the black community, she is just an unqualified girl who was only given a tv show because she was hot and because she would be a very cheap hire coming right out of college. That's not her fault, I blame OAN and Blaze for giving basically just another college student her own tv show without having to put in any tough time coming up through the industry. I also believe she is so full of herself and condescending towards those with opposing viewpoints. Maybe she will get better with time, and I will give her that chance. But right now I can't stand even watching 5 minutes of her. But I guess to each his own.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2016, 02:21:12 PM »

Tomi's a good gal though
She's the definition of a c-u-next-tuesday. Awful. A major embarrassment to respectable conservatives like ourselves.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2016, 02:59:31 PM »

I just made a Twitter, so maybe I should troll trump and Comrade Sanders until I get blocked.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2016, 03:13:32 PM »

I just made a Twitter, so maybe I should troll trump and Comrade Sanders until I get blocked.
They get a million tweets a minute. Good luck with that. Go after someone easy like an @AG_Conservative.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2016, 03:28:32 PM »

They get a million tweets a minute. Good luck with that. Go after someone easy like an @AG_Conservative.
Good point.

But who is AG_Conservative? I don't want to go after someone random. That's mean.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2016, 03:28:59 PM »

No, not a loser.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2016, 03:36:16 PM »

Good point.

But who is AG_Conservative? I don't want to go after someone random. That's mean.

Go after a Lt. Governor or something. Somebody people don't go after.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2016, 07:47:14 PM »

Well, I blocked myself by not getting a Twitter account in the first place, but I don't think I qualify as "famous."
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2016, 09:15:39 PM »

No.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2016, 10:24:13 PM »

Good point.

Go after a Lt. Governor or something. Somebody people don't go after.

Like...Lt. Governor Smith? Tongue
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies