Memorial Day speech
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:17:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Memorial Day speech
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Memorial Day speech  (Read 328 times)
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 31, 2005, 01:11:31 AM »

Fort Lewis, Washington

Ladies and gentlemen.  I would like to thank you all for joining me here today about an issue very dear to my heart.  I believe that too often the Atlasian government lets down those it should be most indebted to.  I am talking about veterans and current members of our armed forces.

Since the War on Terror has begun, we have lost over 1,800 troops who were protecting the way of life that we too often take for granted.  The Atlasian government does not do enough to take care of the families of those who take care of us.  It's sad in this day and age when illegal immigrants have better access to quality health care and higher education than the children of those members of our armed services.

As your Atlasian Senator, I propose increasing funding and decreasing inefficencies at our Veterans Affairs Hospitals.  Our veterans deserve world class health care and I fight to make that happen.  I fully support charitable organizations such as the freedom alliance in providing children of our slain soldiers access to college education.  Our government can do more to help those type of organizations succeed and take care of our veterans.

As your senator, I will fight to make the military more forthcoming about circumstances surrounding the demise of our brave men and women.  I find it very sad that the parents of the late Pat Tillman can't find any honesty from our government about what happened to their son.  Pat and all the people who made his ultimate sacrafice were Atlasian heros and we should treat all of them with the respect they have so obviously earned and deserve!

I would like to end this speech with a moment of silence to all those soldiers who have perished defending this great land and for those who are still in harms way in Iraq, Afganastan, and everywhere else our troops are stationed.

{Silence}

Thank you and God bless Atlasia.

{Loud Cheers}

Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 11:53:01 AM »

Great speech!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: