Bold Super Tuesday Predictions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:32:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bold Super Tuesday Predictions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Bold Super Tuesday Predictions  (Read 6399 times)
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 28, 2016, 02:45:00 PM »
« edited: February 28, 2016, 02:48:51 PM by Pacific Councilor 1184AZ »

What are your bold Predictions. These do not need to be just who wins which state, but can be about margins, counties predictions,  prescient predictions, who drops out, etc

Here are mine
-Cruz wins Texas with 40% of the vote
-Rubio wins Virgina, and Colorado. While Trump wins every other state.
- Kasich comes second in Vermont, and Massachusetts
-Sanders wins Minnesota, Massachusetts, and Vermont, but Clinton wins everything else
- Clinton Margin of victory in Alabama, Arkansas and Mississippi is larger then John Boozman margin  is in the Arkansas Senate Primary
- At least 1 member of Congress looses their nomination bid in either Alabama, Arkansas or Texas.
- Rubio finishes second in pledged delegates on Super Tuesday
-Carson drops out the morning after Super Tuesday
-The Press declares Rubio the comeback kid, while declaring Clinton the Likely Democratic nominee
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 02:47:05 PM »

Clinton is going to win everywhere except in VT
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 02:53:23 PM »

Clinton wins everything, but VT. Trump sweeps, save for TX, MN and AK.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 02:54:34 PM »

Trump sweeps every state except Texas, where Cruz wins by 5%.
Sanders wins VT, narrowly loses MA and MN. Clinton sweep.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 03:08:11 PM »

Five states for Sanders. Closes the gap in at least one Clinton state.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 03:10:11 PM »

This

Also, Trump narrowly loses TX, Rubio doesn't win a single state and Kasich places second in the Northeastern states.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2016, 03:33:10 PM »
« Edited: February 28, 2016, 03:37:08 PM by ♥♦ 3peat 2016 ♣♠ »

No f'in way this happens. Sanders at best could win four states although three appears to be his maximum. Could be even lower. Hillary easily won both OK and MA in 2008 and will win them again.

Sanders ST peak would be CO, MN, and VT.

Hillary will be 200 pledged delegates ahead of Sanders after all is said and done on ST.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 03:34:58 PM »

Bernie wins in OK, MA, CO, MN, and loses VT due to Hillary's favorite son effect from NY.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2016, 03:38:05 PM »

Sanders wins Oklahoma, loses Colorado

Kasich gets second in Massachussets, and gets surprisingly close in Vermont

Cruz gets less than 40% in Texas.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2016, 03:43:48 PM »

Due to the proportional allocation of most states, Rubio comes out almost even with Trump for the night.

Kasich and Carson see the writing on the wall and drop out.

Cruz, after barely winning Texas, but coming in third pretty much everywhere else, is on life support.

Post-SEC Primary polls are something like Trump 42, Rubio 35, Cruz 15, Undecided 8.  Cruz supporters would break 60-40 for Rubio over Trump if pressed.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2016, 03:44:17 PM »

Bernie has about a 0.1% chance to win OK. Guys please act like you have some idea of how moderate Dems vote.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2016, 03:45:51 PM »

Bernie has about a 0.1% chance to win OK. Guys please act like you have some idea of how moderate Dems vote.

The title of this is BOLD Super Tuesday Predictions. For the record, I am actually from Oklahoma, and I have been surprised by how many Sanders supporters there are - a testament to his populism, which is a huge winner in this state. I'm not sure he will win Oklahoma, but he's gonna do very well here.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2016, 03:46:25 PM »

It's called a bold predictions thread, really no reason for you to be so condescending.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2016, 03:47:52 PM »

It's called a bold predictions thread, really no reason for you to be so condescending.

Bold and ludicrous are two very different things.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2016, 03:48:45 PM »

And it's not ludicrous when public polling only showed him 2 points down.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2016, 03:49:40 PM »

And it's not ludicrous when public polling only showed him 2 points down.

Polls, shmolls, trolls. 0.1% chance and I stand by it.
skoods
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2016, 03:51:22 PM »

The title of this is BOLD Super Tuesday Predictions. For the record, I am actually from Oklahoma, and I have been surprised by how many Sanders supporters there are - a testament to his populism, which is a huge winner in this state. I'm not sure he will win Oklahoma, but he's gonna do very well here.

Okay, let me play by these rules.

Trump, after having an epiphany that he's not one for the Republican party, drops out of the race and endorses Hillary Clinton.

Despite dropping out on Monday, Trump still wins enough delegates to get the GOP nomination but, as he is now supporting the Democrat, declined to accept the nomination. The GOP elites nominate Dan Quayle by voice vote at the convention, and he loses 535-3 to Clinton in November.

How's that for BOLD?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2016, 03:52:20 PM »

Trump, after having an epiphany that he's not one for the Republican party, drops out of the race and endorses Hillary Clinton.

Despite dropping out on Monday, Trump still wins enough delegates to get the GOP nomination but, as he is now supporting the Democrat, declined to accept the nomination. The GOP elites nominate Dan Quayle by voice vote at the convention, and he loses 535-3 to Clinton in November.

How's that for BOLD?

ugh

Do you really think that is as likely as Sanders beating Clinton in a state where he only trails by 2 points?

Quit being a douche.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2016, 03:52:38 PM »

How's that for BOLD?

And just like that were back to ludicrous again. Wink
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2016, 03:53:07 PM »

Trump wins all Super Tuesday states except for Texas.
Sanders wins OK, MN, CO, MA, and VT.
skoods
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2016, 03:54:53 PM »

How's that for BOLD?

ugh

Do you really think that is as likely as Sanders beating Clinton in a state where he only trails by 2 points?

Junk poll. Same poll taken a week prior had Clinton up 16. With all the momentum swinging her way, you really think that Sanders made up 14 points in a week?

Or is that just your wishful thinking?
skoods
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2016, 03:55:19 PM »

How's that for BOLD?

And just like that were back to ludicrous again. Wink

Hey if Trump can win a nomination from shouting nonsense then I can do it too!
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2016, 03:56:21 PM »

Both Clinton and Trump sweep all voting states save for their opponents' home states (VT, TX).

Shenanigans will ensue in at least one of ND, CO or WY on the GOP side.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2016, 03:56:54 PM »

Both the Sanders and Clinton campaign seem to think Oklahoma is a battleground state.  I would be surprised if it isn't close, and if Clinton wins it's not going to be because of "moderate Democrats".
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2016, 04:00:15 PM »

Rubio wins a sweeping victory the defies the expectations of the media: He places in the top three in every contest.

Cruz wins Texas by a lot, but Trump wins every other state.

Sanders only wins Vermont, Minnesota, and Colorado, but he wins Minnesota by double digits.

Despite Clinton winning Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, and Tennessee by more than she wins Texas, the media calls Texas her "biggest" win.

Trump calls Clinton a "low-energy loser", and says that if she were really a winner, she wouldn't have lost to Obama.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies