Drudge: Jeff Sessions to endorse Donald Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:13:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Drudge: Jeff Sessions to endorse Donald Trump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Drudge: Jeff Sessions to endorse Donald Trump  (Read 5664 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2016, 05:09:43 PM »

A neo-Nazi is going to endorse another fellow neo-Nazi.

This is not surprising.

May I suggest something?

Wink
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2016, 05:11:34 PM »

Who outside Alabama apart from junkies like us has ever heard of Sessions? Trump already has the hardcore nativists.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2016, 05:11:41 PM »

TRUMP has a rally at Palm Beach in 2-3 days. Maybe it's Rick Scott's turn.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2016, 05:13:09 PM »

Wow.  Sucks all the wind out of Rubios  Cruzs sails.  

If Trump sweeps the south  its over.... all over.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2016, 05:20:34 PM »

Wish the Doctor could deal with Trump endorsers the way he dealt with the Racnoss... Sad
RR1997
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2016, 05:20:55 PM »

This is not surprising.

May I suggest something?

Wink

I'm anti-universal health care (although I support Obamacare), pro-tax cuts, pro-deregulation (especially for Wall Street and the finance industry in general), anti-gun control (although I'm moving to the left on this issue), pro-death penalty (only in extreme cases), pro-welfare reform, pro-free trade, pro-TPP, etc. I do not belong in the Democratic Party at all. I'm undoubtedly center-right.

Believe it or not, you can still be a Republican and hold the belief that Sessions and Trump are neo-Nazis at the same time. I hate the views Sessions and Trump hold on immigration. I hate their nativist politics.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2016, 05:23:51 PM »

This is not surprising.

May I suggest something?

Wink

I'm anti-universal health care (although I support Obamacare), pro-tax cuts, pro-deregulation (especially for Wall Street and the finance industry in general), anti-gun control (although I'm moving to the left on this issue), pro-death penalty (only in extreme cases), pro-welfare reform, pro-free trade, pro-TPP, etc. I do not belong in the Democratic Party at all. I'm undoubtedly center-right.

Believe it or not, you can still be a Republican and hold the belief that Sessions and Trump are neo-Nazis at the same time. I hate the views Sessions and Trump hold on immigration. I hate their nativist politics.

Fair enough. How about this one?

Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2016, 05:27:38 PM »

This is not surprising.

May I suggest something?

Wink

I admire your determination to fight the xenophobic forces within your party. If you ever decide the fight has been lost, though, I don't think I would blame you for leaving.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2016, 05:28:01 PM »

Wait, no Senator has endorsed Cruz? Did he even ruin his relationship with Mike Lee?

Mike Lee has campaigned equally for Cruz and Rubio. Says he can't choose between two close friends.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2016, 05:33:33 PM »

TRUMP about to take the stage.
Admiral Kizaru
Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -3.83

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2016, 05:34:19 PM »

Check and mate!!
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2016, 05:48:39 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ83CvMKYUQ
rob in cal
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2016, 05:52:39 PM »

First Christie, now Sessions.  The Donald is creating his own party unifier narrative momentum, the candidate who says he loves Israel, yet gets support from Duke and others, he is trying to be all things to all voters, and so far doing well at it.
Admiral Kizaru
Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -3.83

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2016, 05:59:07 PM »

Who outside Alabama apart from junkies like us has ever heard of Sessions? Trump already has the hardcore nativists.

It'll help attract some of Cruz's voters I reckon - prior to Trump emerging, Sessions was the face of anti immigration on the right. Probably won't be enough to win Texas this late on, but enough to really run the table everywhere else on Super Tuesday.

It's a huge endorsement and delivered at a fantastic moment. Classic Trump.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2016, 06:01:00 PM »
« Edited: February 28, 2016, 06:05:39 PM by RR1997 »

This is not surprising.

May I suggest something?

Wink

Fair enough. How about this one?

I absolutely refuse to register as an independent. People who think they're so cool because they're registered independents are somewhat annoying.

I'm going to stick with the GOP for now. I align with the GOP on a majority of issues and I will absolutely not register as a Democrat, especially if they stop being the party of Bill Clinton/Mark Warner/Jerry Brown and become the party of Sanders/Warren instead (this is the direction the Democratic Party is heading towards).

I'm just tired of the anti-immigration, anti-environment, anti-gay marriage, anti-minimum wage increase, anti-free trade, pro-discrimination, anti-marijuana legalization, and anti-refugee propaganda coming from the GOP. I'm an ethnic minority and the son of immigrants, so of course I hate the anti-immigration propaganda coming from the GOP. I'm still a Republican on a majority of issues, and I'm going to stay loyal to my party. There are plenty of wonderful GOP politicians. People like Cruz and Trump are giving our party a bad name. I'd vote for Hillary over Trump.

Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2016, 06:04:24 PM »

You can identify as an Independent for the time being while still being registered as a Republican.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2016, 06:04:56 PM »

Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III was rejected for a judgeship due to racism, is pro-gun control, protectionist, pro-min wage increase, pro-bailout, pro-NCLB. Trump can have him.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2016, 06:07:27 PM »

Can't stump the TRUMP
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2016, 06:12:16 PM »

This is not surprising.

May I suggest something?

Wink

You're not that far from me, you know. 
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2016, 06:15:57 PM »

Cruz is done. Rubio was already done.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2016, 06:25:43 PM »

It's not surprising at all. Sessions was heading towards Trump for a long time.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2016, 06:33:11 PM »

Well, nobody before this election, but Cruz has been bringing up his name like crazy.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2016, 06:59:44 PM »
« Edited: February 28, 2016, 07:04:42 PM by RR1997 »

This is not surprising.

May I suggest something?

Wink

You're not that far from me, you know.  

I'm a Republican on almost all economic issues (with the exceptions of minimum wage, Obamacare, but not universal healthcare, and environmental regulations), and economic issues matter more to me. I certainly don't belong to the Democratic Party, especially because of the anti-Wall Street propaganda coming out that party (I want to work in investment banking or private equity/venture capital). I'm a proud Republican who just happens to hate people like Cruz and Trump. I truly believe that the party is not headed towards Trump-style populism/xenophobia. I think that this is just a phase the GOP is going through and I'm confident that my party will grow out of it once Hillary beats Trump in a semi-landslide.

Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2016, 08:54:09 PM »

Lol at Trump and Sessions being 'Neo-Nazis'. Does 'fascist' not pack enough wow factor anymore?
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2016, 09:05:48 PM »

Jan Brewer endorsed Trump yesterday. That seems like it should have gotten more coverage than Sessions. I know Sessions is a current officeholder and Brewer isn't but Brewer is much more famous.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies