#NeverTrump GOP endorsements LATEST: Graham and Lee voted McMullin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:09:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  #NeverTrump GOP endorsements LATEST: Graham and Lee voted McMullin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45
Author Topic: #NeverTrump GOP endorsements LATEST: Graham and Lee voted McMullin  (Read 110325 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1025 on: October 26, 2016, 08:26:37 PM »

Chaffetz is voting for Trump after all, so I've taken him off the list in the OP:

https://twitter.com/jasoninthehouse/status/791445788656226304
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1026 on: October 26, 2016, 09:41:45 PM »

I won't add Powell to the list.  He's not really a Republican.  He's a true RINO; Clinton 2016 is the third straight Presidential election in which Powell has conspicuously endorsed the Democratic candidate.  At this point, Joe Lieberman is more of a Democrat than Colin Powell is a Republican.

In fairness, your party's messiah Ronald Reagan would be a RINO by today's Republican/Trump Party standards.

But yeah, we all know the only reason why Colin Powell is endorsing Hillary is the same reason why he endorsed Obama.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1027 on: October 26, 2016, 09:44:48 PM »

I won't add Powell to the list.  He's not really a Republican.  He's a true RINO; Clinton 2016 is the third straight Presidential election in which Powell has conspicuously endorsed the Democratic candidate.  At this point, Joe Lieberman is more of a Democrat than Colin Powell is a Republican.

In fairness, your party's messiah Ronald Reagan would be a RINO by today's Republican/Trump Party standards.

But yeah, we all know the only reason why Colin Powell is endorsing Hillary is the same reason why he endorsed Obama.

If Powell says he's a Republican and is registered that way (or votes in our primaries), he's a Republican.  Period.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1028 on: October 26, 2016, 09:48:32 PM »

If Powell says he's a Republican and is registered that way (or votes in our primaries), he's a Republican.  Period.

That sounds like something a RINO would say Smiley
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1029 on: October 26, 2016, 09:49:03 PM »

i agree that he seems to be quite liberal in some ways but otherwise your comparison doesn't hold water, imho.

1) two of his 3 endorsements have been for the SAME candidate.

2) trump is THE essential anti-republican and resulted into far more un-endorsements/crossover-voters than any other candidate since decades.

Trump described himself as a "Rockefeller Republican" when he stated in the mid-1990s that he was a Republican.  Endorsing the Democratic candidate 3 years in a row pretty much suggests that you're a not a Republican at heart.

The non-endorsements and unendorsements of Trump should put him down by 15 points, but we're nowhere near that level.  Indeed, while Trump is unlikely to win the popular vote, his chances of winning the EV with fewer popular votes than Clinton is fairly decent.  Trump may well lose by 15, but no poll shows that, and some polls show him even with Clinton.  That's something McGovern, Mondale, and Goldwater could never say.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1030 on: October 27, 2016, 05:26:30 AM »

i agree that he seems to be quite liberal in some ways but otherwise your comparison doesn't hold water, imho.

1) two of his 3 endorsements have been for the SAME candidate.

2) trump is THE essential anti-republican and resulted into far more un-endorsements/crossover-voters than any other candidate since decades.

Trump described himself as a "Rockefeller Republican" when he stated in the mid-1990s that he was a Republican.  Endorsing the Democratic candidate 3 years in a row pretty much suggests that you're a not a Republican at heart.

The non-endorsements and unendorsements of Trump should put him down by 15 points, but we're nowhere near that level.  Indeed, while Trump is unlikely to win the popular vote, his chances of winning the EV with fewer popular votes than Clinton is fairly decent.  Trump may well lose by 15, but no poll shows that, and some polls show him even with Clinton.  That's something McGovern, Mondale, and Goldwater could never say.

There was literally a poll showing Trump down by 15 yesterday. And didn't Mondale at least tie Reagan at some point?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1031 on: October 31, 2016, 09:50:44 PM »

Kasich writes in McCain for president:

http://www.cleveland.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/10/john_kasich_follows_through_on.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1032 on: October 31, 2016, 09:51:20 PM »

No surprise, but at least someone in the GOP has any spine at all.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1033 on: October 31, 2016, 09:53:45 PM »

https://twitter.com/brianros1/status/793278215741706242?lang=en
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #1034 on: October 31, 2016, 09:55:48 PM »

Are you kidding me? John McCain?
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1035 on: October 31, 2016, 10:23:16 PM »

All due credit to Kasich for not supporting trump. But cmon a wrote in for McCain is a waste of time.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1036 on: October 31, 2016, 10:24:31 PM »

Now that's a bit juicier. PA is locked up, and Toomey knows it as well as everyone else does.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1037 on: November 01, 2016, 12:10:20 AM »

All due credit to Kasich for not supporting trump. But cmon a wrote in for McCain is a waste of time.

As opposed to a write in for anyone else not running?

C'mon. It's not like he could publicly back Clinton or Johnson and have a future in the GOP.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1038 on: November 01, 2016, 12:12:19 AM »

Kasich should have written in George HW Bush
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #1039 on: November 01, 2016, 12:16:14 AM »

Kasich should have written in George HW Bush

Or himself
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1040 on: November 01, 2016, 12:17:40 AM »

That would look tacky.

Though I might. Wink
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #1041 on: November 01, 2016, 12:28:08 AM »

C'mon. It's not like he could publicly back Clinton or Johnson and have a future in the GOP.

There's a few conservatives that are *actual* write-in choices though from Evan McMullin to Darrell Castle and others.  Votes for John McCain literally get thrown out.  He's pretty much encouraging people to throw out their votes by doing this.  I know someone will try to say it's the same thing as a vote that counted, but it isn't.  At least when you vote for an actual candidate, it goes down in history in the results instead of just being as if nothing happened.
psychprofessor

« Reply #1042 on: November 01, 2016, 12:29:49 AM »

mark this down for re-appearance in the 2020 rep primary if he runs...he voted for mccain in 2016. I don't think that will play well to the base in 4 years.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #1043 on: November 01, 2016, 12:30:35 AM »

mark this down for re-appearance in the 2020 rep primary if he runs...he voted for mccain in 2016. I don't think that will play well to the base in 4 years.

Most of that "base" wasn't going to vote for him anyway.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1044 on: November 01, 2016, 01:33:24 PM »

Btw, Paul Ryan said that he's already early-voted for Trump, though he did so without speaking Trump's name:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/01/politics/paul-ryan-voted-for-donald-trump/
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #1045 on: November 01, 2016, 02:03:53 PM »

There's a few conservatives that are *actual* write-in choices though from Evan McMullin to Darrell Castle and others.  Votes for John McCain literally get thrown out.  He's pretty much encouraging people to throw out their votes by doing this.  I know someone will try to say it's the same thing as a vote that counted, but it isn't.  At least when you vote for an actual candidate, it goes down in history in the results instead of just being as if nothing happened.

I find it frustrating myself.  Though I can also understand if most people, even perhaps those involved in public office, may not be aware of these candidates.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #1046 on: November 01, 2016, 02:04:53 PM »

Lame. Kasich has enough stature that he might have been able to save the country from Trump by endorsing Clinton.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1047 on: November 02, 2016, 05:16:17 PM »

Jeff Flake says he might vote for McMullin:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/jeff-flake-evan-mcmullin-trump-230654
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1048 on: November 02, 2016, 08:06:09 PM »

McMullin doesn't even have write-in status in Arizona though, correct?
Let's be honest, he's voting for Clinton.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1049 on: November 02, 2016, 09:08:11 PM »

Former Sen. Slade Gorton voting for McMullin, along with former WA Sec. of State Sam Reed:

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/politics/article/Ex-U-S-Sen-Gorton-submits-electors-for-10509998.php

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies