#NeverTrump GOP endorsements LATEST: Graham and Lee voted McMullin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:48:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  #NeverTrump GOP endorsements LATEST: Graham and Lee voted McMullin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 45
Author Topic: #NeverTrump GOP endorsements LATEST: Graham and Lee voted McMullin  (Read 109029 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: August 05, 2016, 02:51:34 PM »

Don't know if you're going this low on the totem pole for the endorsement list, but SC State Sen. Greg Gregory will be voting for Johnson.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #451 on: August 05, 2016, 02:55:02 PM »

Wouldn't be surprised if Chris Gibson (veteran, moderate, not running for re-election, represents a fairly cosmopolitan district, has openly criticized Trump and never officially endorsed) followed Hanna's lead on this before long.

Not sure whether any other NY Republicans would be interested, as Stefanik is probably the only one who represents a district where it would go over well, and she has already openly endorsed Trump for the sake of her party leadership ambitions.
Could she lose Averroes?
The Green Party candidate will pull 15%, the Democrat is an uncharismatic dud of a candidate who's attracting barely any attention, who's being run seemingly exclusively because he had a military background (he has never run for elected office before). Stefanik has all of the local business, media, political, and non-profit elites firmly in her corner as well. Sadly, not likely.
15% Surprise

Really???

Funiciello pulled >10% in NY-21 in 2014, one of the best performances of any third-party candidate for Congress. Stefanik could win the district with as little as 40% of the vote this year.

96k votes (53%) - Elise Stefanik (R)
59k votes (33%) - Aaron Woolf (D)
19k votes (11%) - Matt Funiciello (G)
  7k votes (4%) - Blank/Void/Scattering
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #452 on: August 06, 2016, 10:49:42 AM »

OK, just added him to the list in the OP.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #453 on: August 07, 2016, 05:25:30 PM »

Former Reagan White House political director Frank Lavin has penned an Op-Ed for CNN, stating that he will vote for Hillary Clinton, not "the emperor with no clothes". Most interestingly:

"There are many issues on which Hillary Clinton and I are not in agreement. However on the core foreign policy issues our country faces -- alliance relationships, security commitments, and international engagement -- she comes closer to Republican views than does Trump. And Donald Trump makes me cringe. I am voting for Hillary. And I vote in Ohio."
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #454 on: August 07, 2016, 06:17:16 PM »

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/290680-ex-reagan-director-voting-for-clinton

It's becoming clear that anybody with common sense is endorsing Hillary.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #455 on: August 07, 2016, 06:40:07 PM »

Come on now. There can never be another Bushie.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #456 on: August 08, 2016, 07:08:15 AM »

Another Bushie endorses Clinton: Lezlee Westine, White House Director of Public Liaison and deputy assistant to the President under G. W. Bush:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/290707-former-george-w-bush-official-supporting-clinton
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #457 on: August 08, 2016, 08:01:12 AM »

And William Milliken, the former Republican governor of Michigan: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/290708-former-michigan-gov-endorses-clinton-over-trump
Fargobison

« Reply #458 on: August 08, 2016, 01:44:43 PM »

Chief spokesman for the FL GOP quits over Trump...

Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #459 on: August 08, 2016, 01:48:31 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2016, 01:53:58 PM by Speed of Sound »

Here's the link on the Wadi Gaitan (chief spokesman for FL GOP) resignation story. Good luck with Florida, Don...
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #460 on: August 08, 2016, 01:53:28 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2016, 01:59:16 PM by Speed of Sound »

Also, 50 G.O.P. Officials Warn Donald Trump Would Put Nation’s Security ‘at Risk’.

Another big day in the world of Rs disavowing Trump, and it looks like Clinton's decision to amplify the temperament issue is paying dividends.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #461 on: August 08, 2016, 02:04:34 PM »

Also, 50 G.O.P. Officials Warn Donald Trump Would Put Nation’s Security ‘at Risk’.

Another big day in the world of Rs disavowing Trump, and it looks like Clinton's decision to amplify the temperament issue is paying dividends.

Wow... Chertoff and Ridge!
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #462 on: August 08, 2016, 02:08:38 PM »

While those 50 GOPers aren't endorsing Clinton, I wonder how much the Clinton campaign was involved with this. This is well timed, coming on the day of Trump's attempt to pivot with his speech on the economy and revised tax plan.  Of course if they really wanted to nail him they would have arranged 50 prominent Republican economists and economic advisors to sign a anit-Trump letter.
Fargobison

« Reply #463 on: August 08, 2016, 07:53:31 PM »

Here's the link on the Wadi Gaitan (chief spokesman for FL GOP) resignation story. Good luck with Florida, Don...

Trump's campaign with a classy response to the news...

https://twitter.com/MarcACaputo/status/762799323759251456
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #464 on: August 08, 2016, 08:09:39 PM »

Susan Collins will not be voting for Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/gop-senator-why-i-cannot-support-trump/2016/08/08/821095be-5d7e-11e6-9d2f-b1a3564181a1_story.html
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #465 on: August 08, 2016, 08:14:19 PM »

that's a pretty big deal, especially as Trump is trying to win Maine or at least ME2.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #466 on: August 08, 2016, 08:16:39 PM »

The GOP nominee trying to take CA-7 away from the Dems has moved from Trump to 'I dunno'

Cook lists CA-7 as an EVEN district and the race is considered only Lead D.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #467 on: August 08, 2016, 08:33:38 PM »

Wow... Chertoff and Ridge!

Chertoff and Ridge have both been #NeverTrump for many months now.  They both signed this earlier letter from many of the same people vowing not to support Trump:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=230807.msg4950388#msg4950388
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #468 on: August 08, 2016, 08:38:13 PM »

Added Collins and Milliken to the list in the OP.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #469 on: August 08, 2016, 09:03:47 PM »

I really like Collins. I'm glad she dumped trump.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #470 on: August 08, 2016, 10:00:48 PM »

Collins may switch parties. 

If Trump is THAT BAD, why isn't Collins endorsing Clinton?  She's not a conservative Republican; she's the most liberal Republican in the Senate, and no less than a moderate, in terms of the overall spectrum.  If Trump is such a scumbag, why isn't an endorsement of Hillary Clinton too much of a leap for Susan Collins?

I hear this a lot from the #NeverTrump crowd.  I just love being "understood" by the elitists of politics, Susan Collins being a personification of that elitism.  But the public HAS demanded action, and Susan Collins' response is to reinforce the Globalism that has ruined the lives of so much of the "public" that is demanding "action".  If Susan Collins will not respond affirmatively to the demands of the public with its accompanying real passions that chose Donald Trump as the nominee of her party, they what will it take to get her to respond affirmatively to those demands for action?  Riots in the streets?  A March On Washington like the 1931 Bonus Marchers?  Susan Collins cares not one whit for the folks that are, in fact, demanding action.  She doesn't want to act on their demands.  That's the condescending excrement she throws out.  If there's one thing I hate, it's folks who want to tell me how justified my grievances are, yet not want to address a single one of them, except for MAYBE the most trivial.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #471 on: August 08, 2016, 10:07:27 PM »

Collins ain't switchin parties

the fact that genuinely loyal party solider Susan Collins isn't voting for Trump is pretty troubling.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #472 on: August 08, 2016, 10:07:42 PM »

The GOP nominee trying to take CA-7 away from the Dems has moved from Trump to 'I dunno'

Cook lists CA-7 as an EVEN district and the race is considered only Lead D.
As a member of that district, I'd said it's Likely D. Bera won in a midterm by a couple thousand votes and it appears that with Trump at the head of the ticket, he'll win solidly.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #473 on: August 08, 2016, 10:10:26 PM »

99.9% chance that Collins votes for Clinton in the privacy of the voting booth
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #474 on: August 08, 2016, 11:03:40 PM »

Collins may switch parties. 

If Trump is THAT BAD, why isn't Collins endorsing Clinton?  She's not a conservative Republican; she's the most liberal Republican in the Senate, and no less than a moderate, in terms of the overall spectrum.  If Trump is such a scumbag, why isn't an endorsement of Hillary Clinton too much of a leap for Susan Collins?

I hear this a lot from the #NeverTrump crowd.  I just love being "understood" by the elitists of politics, Susan Collins being a personification of that elitism.  But the public HAS demanded action, and Susan Collins' response is to reinforce the Globalism that has ruined the lives of so much of the "public" that is demanding "action".  If Susan Collins will not respond affirmatively to the demands of the public with its accompanying real passions that chose Donald Trump as the nominee of her party, they what will it take to get her to respond affirmatively to those demands for action?  Riots in the streets?  A March On Washington like the 1931 Bonus Marchers?  Susan Collins cares not one whit for the folks that are, in fact, demanding action.  She doesn't want to act on their demands.  That's the condescending excrement she throws out.  If there's one thing I hate, it's folks who want to tell me how justified my grievances are, yet not want to address a single one of them, except for MAYBE the most trivial.

Collins would stand far removed ideologically from the rest of the D caucus, far more so than she is currently separated from the rest of the GOP caucus.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies