#NeverTrump GOP endorsements LATEST: Graham and Lee voted McMullin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:19:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  #NeverTrump GOP endorsements LATEST: Graham and Lee voted McMullin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45
Author Topic: #NeverTrump GOP endorsements LATEST: Graham and Lee voted McMullin  (Read 108423 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #975 on: October 12, 2016, 02:36:36 PM »

i guess priebus made clear that everyone who stands against the party would have pay a price....and working against the trumpers and the establishment at the same time is not working, if your party is in the trash anyway.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #976 on: October 12, 2016, 02:38:48 PM »

i guess priebus made clear that everyone who stands against the party would have pay a price....and working against the trumpers and the establishment at the same time is not working, if your party is in the trash anyway.

Priebus cannot make any important politician pay any price. He is a low-ranked bureaucrat, infinitely less important within the party than pretty much any Senator and many of the Congressmen.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #977 on: October 12, 2016, 02:42:32 PM »

I had a feeling that some of the 'Trump should drop out' people were hedging their bets and not true Never Trumpers. They are "I don't wanna but I will Trumpers"

Same. Many of them made statements along the lines of "Trump should drop out because he can't win" rather than "Trump should drop out because he shouldn't be President". That was a strong indication that they would still be with him if he refused to drop out.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #978 on: October 12, 2016, 02:45:32 PM »

Thune also says that he'll vote for Trump if he's on the ballot:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/republican-senators-urged-donald-trump-step-support/story?id=42748881

The story portrays this as a "reversal" for Thune and Fischer.  But again, the media sees it this way because they weren't properly parsing Fischer's and Thune's statements over the weekend.  They both said that Trump should drop out, because the party would be better off with Pence leading the ticket.  But they never said they would defect to Clinton or 3rd party if Trump refuses to go.

Yeah, normally calling on a candidate to drop out would be safe to equate as withdrawing your endorsement, but this being 2016, the regular rules are out the window.

Looking forward to the first Republican to acknowledge that while yes, he would vote for Satan over Trump, he will vote for Trump over Clinton.
Fargobison

« Reply #979 on: October 14, 2016, 08:48:10 PM »

Erick EricksonVerified account
‏@EWErickson
Governor Haslam (R-TN) announced today he will be writing in a candidate and not voting for Donald Trump. Good for him.

https://twitter.com/EWErickson/status/787105636920287236
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #980 on: October 14, 2016, 09:12:40 PM »

Yeah, ever since Trump became the de facto nominee back in the spring, Haslam has declined to endorse him.  But he also declined to rule out voting for him, saying that he hadn't yet decided how to vote.  Now he's decided that he'll vote for neither Clinton nor Trump, and instead write in a name:

http://wreg.com/2016/10/14/governor-haslam-explains-why-he-wont-be-voting-for-trump/

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #981 on: October 14, 2016, 09:13:59 PM »

Haslam or Sandoval should have been the candidate this year. Two best governors in the US.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #982 on: October 14, 2016, 09:42:34 PM »

Haslam or Sandoval should have been the candidate this year. Two best governors in the US.

Neither would get to Iowa, especially Sandoval.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #983 on: October 14, 2016, 09:54:27 PM »

Priebus cannot make any important politician pay any price. He is a low-ranked bureaucrat, infinitely less important within the party than pretty much any Senator and many of the Congressmen.

Priebus has some power of the purse when it comes to campaign monies going to Republican Senate candidates, although that money pales in comparison to SuperPac money these days.

Priebus, if he were a strong RNC chairman, could, ostensibly, work to sponsor primaries in districts and states of disloyal Republicans.  This is unlikely not so much due to Priebus's position as the fact that he's been there a long time, and is likely to be replaced as RNC chairman after the election as a matter of course. 

Over the years, bad things happen to politicians who don't support the nominee of their party's Presidential ticket.  Even in the case of Southern Democrats (when they were dominant) who didn't support their national ticket, there were sanctions.  (Rep. Albert Waston (D-SC) and John Bell Williams (D-MS) endorsed Goldwater; they were both immediately stripped of their seniority.)  Even in the case of Trump, it will not be a good thing, in the long run, for these GOP pols to blatantly not support Trump, even if only to say that they will vote for him at the polls while not campaigning for him.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #984 on: October 15, 2016, 06:04:38 PM »

CO-SEN candidate Darryl Glenn is backpedaling from his unendorsement of Trump, although he hasn't officially ununendorsed him yet.  http://www.coloradopols.com/diary/88235/republican-base-outraged-by-flight-from-trump

Glenn now says he'll vote for Trump, but stops short of ununendorsing (reendorsing?) him: http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/15/politics/darryl-glenn-voting-for-trump/index.html
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #985 on: October 17, 2016, 01:24:02 PM »

A new tracker on Trump support in Congress:

http://www.usatoday.com/pages/interactives/elections/trump-support/

Note that it doesn't really distinguish between those who are #NeverTrump and those who are nominally undecided.  It's more about who has and hasn't endorsed Trump at this time.

Also, it looks like some of the Tennessee media are questioning whether Lamar Alexander's endorsement of Trump is going to hold:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/politics/2016/10/10/marsha-blackburn-diane-black-still-back-donald-trump/91855074/
http://www.nashvillepost.com/politics/elections/article/20836555/tn-gop-remains-in-fold-for-trump

ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #986 on: October 17, 2016, 08:18:28 PM »

Apprentice Staffer Claims Gary Busey Groped Her. And Then Donald Trump Laughed.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/10/17/apprentice-staffer-claims-gary-busey-groped-her-and-then-donald-trump-laughed.html#pq=m4tPM6

Busey ‘grabbed me firmly between my legs,’ the alleged victim tells The Daily Beast. Trump ‘yucked’ it up with Busey afterward, other staffers say.

The news made it all the way up the chain of command, multiple sources told The Daily Beast, and made its way to Trump’s ear. The real-estate mogul ultimately gave Busey little more than a chuckle and a soft slap on the wrist.

aaaaaaaand...

Rick Wilson: Trump Oppo Coming That Could ‘End The Race,’ Make Even Ardent Trumpers Go ‘Whoa’

http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/17/rick-wilson-trump-oppo-coming-that-could-end-the-race-make-even-ardent-trumpers-go-whoa/

Republican strategist Rick Wilson says the oppo about to be dropped on Donald Trump will make even his most ardent supporters go “whoa.”

Speaking on the latest episode of “The Jamie Weinstein Show” podcast, Wilson said he wasn’t just “sure” there was more Trump oppo coming, “I’m positive.”
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #987 on: October 20, 2016, 01:09:52 PM »

Neither would get to Iowa, especially Sandoval.

And this is why we're going to lose the White House.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #988 on: October 20, 2016, 01:23:25 PM »

Rick Wilson: Trump Oppo Coming That Could ‘End The Race,’ Make Even Ardent Trumpers Go ‘Whoa’

http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/17/rick-wilson-trump-oppo-coming-that-could-end-the-race-make-even-ardent-trumpers-go-whoa/

Republican strategist Rick Wilson says the oppo about to be dropped on Donald Trump will make even his most ardent supporters go “whoa.”

Speaking on the latest episode of “The Jamie Weinstein Show” podcast, Wilson said he wasn’t just “sure” there was more Trump oppo coming, “I’m positive.”

Not sure what he'd gain by lying, but I'll still wait to actually see it. I'm skeptical that someone actually has their hands on a bigger bombshell. I sure hope so though.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #989 on: October 20, 2016, 01:25:22 PM »

well, it could be that what he sees as a bombshell isn't one in the mind of team clinton or his side knows about something which team hillary doesn't know....the information isn't available/hard to prove or team HRC doesn't think it is necessary right now to bust the news cycle.

not everything which makes us happy would be smart politics right now.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #990 on: October 20, 2016, 01:36:08 PM »

1000 for the win!
I wonder if a pivot away will continue to pick up steam.
Fargobison

« Reply #991 on: October 20, 2016, 04:31:12 PM »

https://twitter.com/ericawerner/status/789216673068900353
rafta_rafta

« Reply #992 on: October 20, 2016, 05:03:21 PM »

Not sure what he'd gain by lying, but I'll still wait to actually see it. I'm skeptical that someone actually has their hands on a bigger bombshell. I sure hope so though.

I don't think Rick Wilson has any inside info on this. He's probably just repeating what others are talking about in DC bars.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #993 on: October 20, 2016, 05:37:24 PM »

few minutes ago...

Imagine if . . . - The Washington Post
https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/789233528596594688
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #994 on: October 20, 2016, 05:38:23 PM »

What does that mean? lol
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #995 on: October 20, 2016, 05:42:13 PM »

his daily trolling about knowing more and big oppo dropps...now including the WAPO. ^^

well...if they got something new, they....through pussygate, fahrentold and X are surely going to be the MVP of this election.
rafta_rafta

« Reply #996 on: October 20, 2016, 05:43:33 PM »

??
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #997 on: October 20, 2016, 05:44:16 PM »

just quoting him....he suggests he knows something about the wapo and he talks daily about big oppo drops.

edit: or else he was just promoting an article without quoting.
rafta_rafta

« Reply #998 on: October 20, 2016, 05:46:17 PM »

just quoting him....he suggests he knows something about the wapo and he talks daily about big oppo drops.

edit: or else he was just promoting an article without quoting.

I'll believe it when I see it. Generally those try to generate as much buzz as possible about oppo have the weakest ones
Fargobison

« Reply #999 on: October 21, 2016, 12:04:32 AM »

Former RNC Chairman Michael Steele is not voting for Trump...

https://www.buzzfeed.com/bensmith/former-republican-party-chairman-says-he-wont-vote-for-trump?utm_term=.vsBGw5zeX#.emz59dANj
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies