Oscars : Adam Mckay & Di Caprio against leaders accepting Bank/Corporation money
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 11:49:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Oscars : Adam Mckay & Di Caprio against leaders accepting Bank/Corporation money
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oscars : Adam Mckay & Di Caprio against leaders accepting Bank/Corporation money  (Read 476 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 29, 2016, 06:53:07 AM »

McKay - Don't support candidates taking money from big banks

Leo - Don't take the planet for granted & support leaders around the world who do not speak for big corporations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REc8bYTmprk&ab_channel=RicardoLamadrid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D7txLTlfkA

🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 07:06:03 AM »

DiCaprio owns a large private island which is he planning on developing as a luxuary resort for the super-rich. He introduced this as a plan that will 'change the world'. Fyck his play acting, fyck sanctimonious Hollywood bullsh**t. Yeah so-called liberal Hollywood is sooo great, taking advantage of corporate tax givaways, consistently perpetuating tiresome stereotypes, promoting some to obscene wealth while most get burnt out, consistently abusing child and underpaid labour, literally becoming Pentagon paid operatives at times, literally bending over backwards to accommodate the demands of the blacklist back in the day, championing draconian IP laws. Fyck tjem all.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 07:17:00 AM »

DiCaprio owns a large private island which is he planning on developing as a luxuary resort for the super-rich. He introduced this as a plan that will 'change the world'. Fyck his play acting, fyck sanctimonious Hollywood bullsh**t. Yeah so-called liberal Hollywood is sooo great, taking advantage of corporate tax givaways, consistently perpetuating tiresome stereotypes, promoting some to obscene wealth while most get burnt out, consistently abusing child and underpaid labour, literally becoming Pentagon paid operatives at times, literally bending over backwards to accommodate the demands of the blacklist back in the day, championing draconian IP laws. Fyck tjem all.

If only he had supported Clinton right?

Anyways Di Caprio is one of the biggest global champions (celeb wise) for Climate Change. Very few guys have contributed as much to Climate Change as Di Caprio. Besides being a phenomenal actor, I admire him greatly work his work on Climate Change.

One of the big reasons why I don't like Clinton (because of her weak past history) & dislike most GOP Candidates is weak stand on CC - For me Climate Change is the biggest issue & has to addressed for the survival of the human race.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 07:22:14 AM »

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I kind of feel it if the primary thing stopping catastrophic climate change is the whims of a billionaire, something has gone terribly wrong.
DS0816
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 04:39:57 PM »

You evidently cannot comprehend a message.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 10:53:26 AM »

As I stated elsewhere, I look forward to their vote for TRUMP who is similarly not beholden to anyone, just like Sanders.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 10:56:07 AM »

You evidently cannot comprehend a message.

I can comprehend hypocrisy though. Why should DiCaprio be praised for saying something so yawnworthy and obvious?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 02:47:00 PM »
« Edited: March 02, 2016, 02:48:53 PM by Virginia »

I can comprehend hypocrisy though. Why should DiCaprio be praised for saying something so yawnworthy and obvious?

Well, I think it depends. If he wants to build some super luxury resort for rich people, that's fine. The problem I personally have with some rich people is them using their wealth to perpetuate policies that hurt the common man while lifting the rich/corporations. If someone is rich, there is nothing wrong with that. It's what they do with that money that counts.

That being said, I dunno what Leo has done with his money in this regard. If he's contributed to worthy causes while either not helping, or fighting, the advancement of policies that hurt America as a whole, then I think he deserves at least some credit, if for no other reason than not being a wealthy douche.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies