Would a Trump presidency lead to hate crimes skyrocketing?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:44:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Would a Trump presidency lead to hate crimes skyrocketing?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Would a Trump presidency lead to hate crimes skyrocketing?  (Read 969 times)
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 29, 2016, 11:44:39 PM »

I've often thought that with Trump as president bigots would feel more legitimized like they had the law on there side and you'd start to see regular attacks on muslim businesses and on alleged illegal immigrants with minutemen types attacking anyone who looks hispanic and Trump egging them on. That's one of the things that scares me the most about him as president.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 12:15:42 AM »

Actually if he is an effective president I wouldn't be surprised if they drop -- hate crimes come from a place of frustration and if Trump solves the problems these people have, they will be less frustrated.

Not that that's a good thing considering Trump's agenda, just an honest response.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 12:27:53 AM »

Hmmm...actually i thought the thread was going to provide details of the opposite scenario.

Where Hilary supporters so upset and beguiled by the Trump presidency, they dish out the hate.

If Trump gets President, there are going to be some angry people out there.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 12:29:44 AM »

Yeah hate can work both ways.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 12:31:45 AM »

Honestly, I'm more concerned about the remaining eight months of this campaign, and then after his defeat when his supporters' frustrations truly boil over.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 01:38:09 AM »

Peter Beinart thinks it'll happen simply if he's nominated:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/02/why-liberals-should-vote-for-marco-rubio/471444/

You must be logged in to read this quote.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 03:05:37 AM »

Honestly, I'm more concerned about the remaining eight months of this campaign, and then after his defeat when his supporters' frustrations truly boil over.

Good point.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 03:09:43 AM »

TRUMP would allow this to keep happening and then pay their legal fees as he says he would. This man is extremely dangerous to minorities
MIKESOWELL
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2016, 03:38:32 AM »

Dark times may indeed be ahead for our nation if this man is elected president. Crimes against minorities and Muslims may indeed escalate this year and into a Trump presidency. However, I think it would be worst if Trump lost in November.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2016, 03:46:24 AM »

The NYT has an article on how the Trump Campaign is resonating with white supremacists:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/01/us/politics/donald-trump-supremacists.html?ribbon-ad-idx=5&src=trending&module=Ribbon&version=context&region=Header&action=click&contentCollection=Trending&pgtype=article
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2016, 03:57:56 AM »

That's even more terrifying when you think about it.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2016, 04:12:25 AM »

I don't like this guilt-by-association game between white hate groups and Trump one bit.  Trump is the only white Republican running other than Kasich, and the toughest on illegal immigration, which is a major issue for these hate groups (they want to "send everyone back where they came from").  Of course they support him.  That doesn't say anything nefarious about him.

Obama was supported by plenty of radical black separatist groups in 2008.  Hillary has the support of some insane feminist groups that think men should be eradicated and women artificially inseminated to carry on the species.  Carson is supported by creepy religious cults that abuse children and want to murder all homosexuals and Jews.  There are plenty of awful groups in the United States and I'm sure their support is spread around enough that you can tar anyone in this fashion.  Who does the Westboro Baptist Church support?  Who does Jihad Watch support?  Who does Kingdom Identity Ministries support?  Who does the New Black Panther Party support?  Who do the Crips and the Bloods and the Mexican Mafia support?
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2016, 04:14:14 AM »

I don't like this guilt-by-association game between white hate groups and Trump one bit.  Trump is the only white Republican running other than Kasich, and the toughest on illegal immigration, which is a major issue for these hate groups (they want to "send everyone back where they came from").  Of course they support him.  That doesn't say anything nefarious about him.

Obama was supported by plenty of radical black separatist groups in 2008.  Hillary has the support of some insane feminist groups that think men should be eradicated and women artificially inseminated to carry on the species.  Carson is supported by creepy religious cults that abuse children and want to murder all homosexuals and Jews.  There are plenty of awful groups in the United States and I'm sure their support is spread around enough that you can tar anyone in this fashion.  Who does the Westboro Baptist Church support?  Who does Jihad Watch support?  Who does Kingdom Identity Ministries support?  Who does the New Black Panther Party support?  Who do the Crips and the Bloods and the Mexican Mafia support?
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2016, 04:47:22 AM »

I don't like this guilt-by-association game between white hate groups and Trump one bit.  Trump is the only white Republican running other than Kasich, and the toughest on illegal immigration, which is a major issue for these hate groups (they want to "send everyone back where they came from").  Of course they support him.  That doesn't say anything nefarious about him.

Obama was supported by plenty of radical black separatist groups in 2008.  Hillary has the support of some insane feminist groups that think men should be eradicated and women artificially inseminated to carry on the species.  Carson is supported by creepy religious cults that abuse children and want to murder all homosexuals and Jews.  There are plenty of awful groups in the United States and I'm sure their support is spread around enough that you can tar anyone in this fashion.  Who does the Westboro Baptist Church support?  Who does Jihad Watch support?  Who does Kingdom Identity Ministries support?  Who does the New Black Panther Party support?  Who do the Crips and the Bloods and the Mexican Mafia support?

That is what happens when Trump slow-walks his so-called disavowal of white supremacist groups, first claiming he "didn't know" enough about David Duke or such groups to disavow them.  Then he tried blaming a faulty earpiece.  LOL, he must really think we are dumb.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2016, 04:51:19 AM »

I don't like this guilt-by-association game between white hate groups and Trump one bit.  Trump is the only white Republican running other than Kasich, and the toughest on illegal immigration, which is a major issue for these hate groups (they want to "send everyone back where they came from").  Of course they support him.  That doesn't say anything nefarious about him.

Obama was supported by plenty of radical black separatist groups in 2008.  Hillary has the support of some insane feminist groups that think men should be eradicated and women artificially inseminated to carry on the species.  Carson is supported by creepy religious cults that abuse children and want to murder all homosexuals and Jews.  There are plenty of awful groups in the United States and I'm sure their support is spread around enough that you can tar anyone in this fashion.  Who does the Westboro Baptist Church support?  Who does Jihad Watch support?  Who does Kingdom Identity Ministries support?  Who does the New Black Panther Party support?  Who do the Crips and the Bloods and the Mexican Mafia support?

That is what happens when Trump slow-walks his so-called disavowal of white supremacist groups, first claiming he "didn't know" enough about David Duke or such groups to disavow them.  Then he tried blaming a faulty earpiece.  LOL, he must really think we are dumb.

One possibility is that Trump's natural reaction to anyone supporting him is so powerfully positive that it takes him a little while to figure out who they actually are. Thus when someone crazy endorses him, he becomes off-balanced by the thought of having to denounce them.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2016, 08:28:00 AM »

I mean, Trump was on record denouncing Duke back in 2000. So clearly his claim he'd never heard of him was pure unmitigated nonsense.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2016, 09:13:45 AM »
« Edited: March 01, 2016, 09:17:53 AM by Meclazine »

Hillary has the support of some insane feminist groups that think men should be eradicated and women artificially inseminated to carry on the species.  

Still deciding whether that excites me or scares me.

Foxnews has said the "Duke" never actually endorsed Donald Trump.

So there is 1 of the 865 conspiracy theories busted.

I agree with the comment about being told someone endorsed him and then was immediately asked to denounce them leading to Trumps happiness.

His serotonin level would have increased and made him ecstatic, he would have been delerious.

Think about Trump looking at CNN. He sees nothing but hatred towards him. He needs some positive media. He is a media whore, so he loves all press.

Truth be told, he probably just wanted to read more about what was actually said before denouncing him.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies