Democratic Super Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:06:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Super Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30
Author Topic: Democratic Super Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET)  (Read 43487 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: March 02, 2016, 12:10:02 AM »

Sanders has 'GOP lite' appeal amongst non white voters. And yet apparently that's their fault. Not his. If you want to try and win an election on white voters backs go ahead. But it's getting almost delusional now.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #626 on: March 02, 2016, 12:11:57 AM »

FEEL THE (CLINTON) BURN! PLUS IT WILL ONLY GONNA GET STRONGER!
Demographically, the Clinton burn will be stronger today than at any other time. She can look forward to getting these margins in MS, LA, and DC, but nowhere else.

She doesn't need those massive margins anymore due to her massive delegate lead. Even in the worst case scenario, she just needs to keep most contests remotely close. Easy peasy.

She needs big wins otherwise she could loose. CA, PA, etc have huge delegates & a 7-8% loss would make substantial differences. Add to it the string of states Bernie will win next.

She needs big wins MS,LA,IL,FL, etc to put this race to bed. If she is like 350 delegate ahead, it will be impossible for Bernie
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #627 on: March 02, 2016, 12:13:17 AM »

Demographically, the Clinton burn will be stronger today than at any other time. She can look forward to getting these margins in MS, LA, and DC, but nowhere else.

She doesn't need those massive margins anymore due to her massive delegate lead. Even in the worst case scenario, she just needs to keep most contests remotely close. Easy peasy.

She needs big wins otherwise she could loose. CA, PA, etc have huge delegates & a 7-8% loss would make substantial differences. Add to it the string of states Bernie will win next.

She needs big wins MS,LA,IL,FL, etc to put this race to bed. If she is like 350 delegate ahead, it will be impossible for Bernie

You wish dude. Just go back to reddit already.
Reginald
« Reply #628 on: March 02, 2016, 12:13:45 AM »
« Edited: March 02, 2016, 12:19:51 AM by Reginald »

I know it's only by 0.1% but, in a race he's loosing by 34.1 points, why is Sanders leading in Austin?

Austin is the Portland (or Asheville?) of Texas. It should honestly be a huge disappointment for Sanders that he's not doing better there.

I actually looked up the precinct data for Travis Co. and Sanders is winning pretty much all white areas in Austin, but his margins aren't huge honestly. And Clinton is cleaning up in the rest of the county.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #629 on: March 02, 2016, 12:14:49 AM »

I know it's only by 0.1% but, in a race he's loosing by 34.1 points, why is Sanders leading in Austin?

Sanders has 'GOP lite' appeal amongst non white voters. And yet apparently that's their fault. Not his. If you want to try and win an election on white voters backs go ahead. But it's getting almost delusional now.

Austin is Bernie country bro, I am surprised at 0.1% btw, if Sanders was gonna get 40% odd Austin would have to give a 10-15% lead. Austin is very liberal compared to Texas, plus add college votes.

As did Clinton after being 1st Black 1st lady, she was whipped out among blacks. Sanders has only done a shade bad than Clinton despite no name recognition & not a candidate of Clinton's stature or without establishment support.

This just spells doom for Clinton in the general
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #630 on: March 02, 2016, 12:14:55 AM »

Austin is the Portland (or Asheville?) of Texas. It should honestly be a huge disappointment for Sanders that he's not doing better there.
Sanders is underperforming in virtually every urban area.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #631 on: March 02, 2016, 12:16:31 AM »

Whoo! You go Bernie; ride that wave on white voters and no one else...FEEL THE BERN on your pasty skin.

Dude, you won. No need to be a colossal asshole.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #632 on: March 02, 2016, 12:17:05 AM »

This is common sense. When you have 1000 Delegates left (say) with 40 days left with a 100-150 delegate margin, if you call it over, you're just dumb.

You're sig counting the Super Delegates is also insanely dumb & I don't want to waste my time explaining, you should have the intelligence to figure that out- I don't want to waste my time with you so there goes my last reply to you!!!
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« Reply #633 on: March 02, 2016, 12:18:50 AM »

Well good for Bernie to keep the hope alive, but lets look at MN, where he is winning by 19 points. CNN has awarded him 36 delegates to Clinton's 28, for an 8 delegate lead for Bernie (13 delegates remain to be allocated). These delegate margins are just too small. He'll need to win in places like PA, OH, MI and the West if he wants to win the nomination.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #634 on: March 02, 2016, 12:20:14 AM »

Thank you Massholes! No way this can be spun as anything other than an amazing night for Hillary now.

Bernie got 4 wins, and should shut Hillary out of delegates in Vermont.

Remember in 2008 when Mitt Romney won 7 of 20 states on February 5th, shutting everybody out from Utah's delegates, and then dropped out on February 7th?  Smiley
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #635 on: March 02, 2016, 12:21:01 AM »

Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #636 on: March 02, 2016, 12:21:18 AM »

This is common sense. When you have 1000 Delegates left (say) with 40 days left with a 100-150 delegate margin, if you call it over, you're just dumb.

You're sig counting the Super Delegates is also insanely dumb & I don't want to waste my time explaining, you should have the intelligence to figure that out- I don't want to waste my time with you so there goes my last reply to you!!!

The magic number is 2,383 to clinch the nomination. She can do this with even a Superdelegate, although it will be a state that officially takes her over. So you are just plain wrong. A delegate is a delegate is a delegate.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #637 on: March 02, 2016, 12:22:42 AM »

Looking at the map, Bernie should have pumped some money into Western Virginia. He was within 5% in both the 6th and 9th congressional districts. Maybe could have made it more respectable.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #638 on: March 02, 2016, 12:25:02 AM »

And what exactly does this mean?
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« Reply #639 on: March 02, 2016, 12:25:13 AM »
« Edited: March 02, 2016, 12:27:14 AM by RJEvans »

Looking at the map, Bernie should have pumped some money into Western Virginia. He was within 5% in both the 6th and 9th congressional districts. Maybe could have made it more respectable.

Lessons learned. He raised $40+ million. I'm sure he'll start to use his dollars more wisely and strategically.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #640 on: March 02, 2016, 12:31:54 AM »
« Edited: March 02, 2016, 12:34:08 AM by locke lamora »

The magic number is 2,383 to clinch the nomination. She can do this with even a Superdelegate, although it will be a state that officially takes her over. So you are just plain wrong. A delegate is a delegate is a delegate.

No you're wrong.  Let me ask you something.  If Sanders beats Hillary in pledged delegates, do you think the superdelegates would still vote for Hillary?  They would be crazy to do so, unless they want the party to be destroyed in the general election.  Superdelegates haven't taken a pledge, so counting them right now is idiotic.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #641 on: March 02, 2016, 12:32:04 AM »

According to 538, this is how Bernie performed relative to his benchmarks:

CO: +6
OK: +6

MN: -1
VT: -11
MA: -14
GA: -16
VA: -20
TX: -22
AR: -25
TN: -35
AL: -41

Looks like a landslide folks.

Dude you'r fake. He won 87% of Votes in VT & he under-performed by 11% - What was he supposed to get? 98%

Where is the link? Do not come up with fake data to spread your message - Disgusting
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #642 on: March 02, 2016, 12:33:38 AM »

RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« Reply #643 on: March 02, 2016, 12:41:20 AM »
« Edited: March 02, 2016, 12:42:59 AM by RJEvans »

Dude you'r fake. He won 87% of Votes in VT & he under-performed by 11% - What was he supposed to get? 98%

Where is the link? Do not come up with fake data to spread your message - Disgusting

Dude, chill.

Do not accuse someone of being disingenuous without facts.

The benchmarks were posted at 10:50pm

http://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/super-tuesday-primaries-presidential-election-2016/?#livepress-update-11918052
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #644 on: March 02, 2016, 12:42:40 AM »

Actual Numbers vs 538 -

Vs Polling Average -
(Sanders)
Alabama -6%
Arkansas -2%
Georgia +0%  (+0.3)
Mass +5%
Okla +3.5%
Tenn 0%(+0.4%)
Texas -1.5%
Vermont +1.5%
Virginia +0% (+0.2%)

No Polls for MN & CO

538 gave a tough target to Sanders to win the nomination(if tied nationally & he is 10% odd behind)

MN (Target - 60%) (Actual - 60%)
Co (Target - 55%) (Actual - 58%) - +3%

Alabama is the only state Where Sanders has out-performed by 6%.

Most states he has out-performed the polls including beating a very tough target in MN & CO.

Overall average he has out-performed

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/super-tuesday-preview-democratic-presidential-election-2016/
http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/2016/primaries/2016-03-01

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #645 on: March 02, 2016, 12:42:44 AM »

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/bernie-sanders-doesnt-need-momentum-he-needs-to-win-these-states/
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #646 on: March 02, 2016, 12:44:59 AM »

Sanders "underperforming" his target in VT is literally meaningless since it resulted in 0 change of delegates. And it's not as if the media will call VT a disappointment for Sanders.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #647 on: March 02, 2016, 12:47:00 AM »

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/bernie-sanders-doesnt-need-momentum-he-needs-to-win-these-states/

That was comparing FB Likes, etc & considering Sanders was tied Nationally with Clinton (Which he is not). If you want to compare with Online Likes, etc & say he is under-performing, please go ahead.

Very intelligent way to compare - Clinton hacks will do anything to make Sanders look bad & make Trump supporters look like an angel.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #648 on: March 02, 2016, 12:47:45 AM »

Sanders "underperforming" his target in VT is literally meaningless since it resulted in 0 change of delegates. And it's not as if the media will call VT a disappointment for Sanders.

Okay fine, throw away VT. The point is that Sanders significantly underperformed in the vast majority of the states, and now has to win other states by even more massive margins (and cut Hillary's leads significantly in her strong states) to have a prayer. It's math.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #649 on: March 02, 2016, 12:47:55 AM »

If Sanders beats Hillary in pledged delegates

He has no chance now of doing that.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies