Democratic Super Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:08:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Super Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Democratic Super Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET)  (Read 43558 times)
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« on: March 01, 2016, 04:09:05 PM »

Will TX start reporting results beginning at 8pm ET for the huge majority of the state that closes then or will it wait to report any results until 9pm ET when voting has fully concluded throughout the state?
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 04:12:47 PM »

TX will probably start reporting at 7:00 CST, but may not be called until after El Paso closes an hour later.

That makes sense. I appreciate the response.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 05:38:19 PM »

Is there any way that the polls in Oklahoma are underestimating minority turnout?  

I believe this to be the case. I also still believe Hillary will win OK by a significant margin.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 06:16:23 PM »

All of the African Americans and Hispanics I know are voting for Trump or Bernie.

All 2 of them.

lol Smiley
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 06:22:34 PM »

Here is a nice Delegate Tracker:
http://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/delegate-count-tracker
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 07:36:46 PM »

Why is Sanders already giving his victory speech?

That shakes belief he might still win other states tonight.

It's already past his naptime

He's back in his home state. Hopefully he'll decide to stay there for a while. Wink
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 11:10:43 PM »

HOORAY! Smiley CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES! COME ON! LET'S CELEBRATE!
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 11:25:39 PM »

Thank you Massholes! No way this can be spun as anything other than an amazing night for Hillary now.

Bernie got 4 wins, and should shut Hillary out of delegates in Vermont.

Pledged yes, supers no.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2016, 11:35:35 PM »

Steve Kornacki just said on MSNBC that Hillary will have a total delegate count of roughly 1066 after the full count tonight of the 2383 she needs to capture the nomination. SWEET!
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2016, 11:47:07 PM »

Clinton is probably getting only 3 Delegates over Sanders in MA - So that was how much it meant for delegates, purely a confidence & momentum victory.

80 Delegate Advantage for Hillary is Texas (Almost 50% of her lead) - Big set-back there.

Just admit your guy is not gonna be the nominee. Not happening bruh. Next week and especially two weeks from now are gonna be Clinton home field. YYYUUGGGEEE MARGINS!
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2016, 11:50:59 PM »

According to 538, this is how Bernie performed relative to his benchmarks:

CO: +6
OK: +6

MN: -1
VT: -11
MA: -14
GA: -16
VA: -20
TX: -22
AR: -25
TN: -35
AL: -41

OUCH! That stings!
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2016, 11:51:57 PM »

Super Tuesday is also deceptive in determining who will win. Clinton has an obvious advantage in the South.

Not really. She has roughly 45% of all delegates she needs to clinch the nomination after tonight. In a few weeks it's all but over.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2016, 12:00:03 AM »

FEEL THE (CLINTON) BURN! PLUS, IT WILL ONLY GET STRONGER!
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2016, 12:04:56 AM »

FEEL THE (CLINTON) BURN! PLUS IT WILL ONLY GONNA GET STRONGER!
Demographically, the Clinton burn will be stronger today than at any other time. She can look forward to getting these margins in MS, LA, and DC, but nowhere else.

MOMENTUM is what I was referencing. Not % margins, although I see how that could have been misconstrued.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2016, 12:08:53 AM »

I know it's only by 0.1% but, in a race he's loosing by 34.1 points, why is Sanders leading in Austin?

Weird hipsters.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2016, 12:13:17 AM »

Demographically, the Clinton burn will be stronger today than at any other time. She can look forward to getting these margins in MS, LA, and DC, but nowhere else.

She doesn't need those massive margins anymore due to her massive delegate lead. Even in the worst case scenario, she just needs to keep most contests remotely close. Easy peasy.

She needs big wins otherwise she could loose. CA, PA, etc have huge delegates & a 7-8% loss would make substantial differences. Add to it the string of states Bernie will win next.

She needs big wins MS,LA,IL,FL, etc to put this race to bed. If she is like 350 delegate ahead, it will be impossible for Bernie

You wish dude. Just go back to reddit already.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2016, 12:21:18 AM »

She doesn't need those massive margins anymore due to her massive delegate lead. Even in the worst case scenario, she just needs to keep most contests remotely close. Easy peasy.

She needs big wins otherwise she could loose. CA, PA, etc have huge delegates & a 7-8% loss would make substantial differences. Add to it the string of states Bernie will win next.

She needs big wins MS,LA,IL,FL, etc to put this race to bed. If she is like 350 delegate ahead, it will be impossible for Bernie

This is common sense. When you have 1000 Delegates left (say) with 40 days left with a 100-150 delegate margin, if you call it over, you're just dumb.

You're sig counting the Super Delegates is also insanely dumb & I don't want to waste my time explaining, you should have the intelligence to figure that out- I don't want to waste my time with you so there goes my last reply to you!!!

The magic number is 2,383 to clinch the nomination. She can do this with even a Superdelegate, although it will be a state that officially takes her over. So you are just plain wrong. A delegate is a delegate is a delegate.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2016, 12:47:55 AM »

This is common sense. When you have 1000 Delegates left (say) with 40 days left with a 100-150 delegate margin, if you call it over, you're just dumb.

You're sig counting the Super Delegates is also insanely dumb & I don't want to waste my time explaining, you should have the intelligence to figure that out- I don't want to waste my time with you so there goes my last reply to you!!!

The magic number is 2,383 to clinch the nomination. She can do this with even a Superdelegate, although it will be a state that officially takes her over. So you are just plain wrong. A delegate is a delegate is a delegate.

If Sanders beats Hillary in pledged delegates

He has no chance now of doing that.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2016, 12:53:11 AM »

Sanders won 4 out of 5. That's very good. Margins not so good. He is still viable albeit not as viable as he was. He has to turn it around soon.

Sorry but Sanders isn't viable any longer. He even lost Massachusetts. About as white liberal stronghold as there is. Only Vermont, NH, and Iowa are better demographically to Sanders.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2016, 01:15:41 AM »

should not lose track of this prime objective.

The prime objective is electing Hillary so she can appoint the 9th Supreme Court justice. THAT IS THE PRIME OBJECTIVE! THIS SINGLE JUSTICE WILL DEFINE A GENERATION PEOPLE! A GENERATION!
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2016, 01:20:59 AM »

The prime objective is electing Hillary so she can appoint the 9th Supreme Court justice. THAT IS THE PRIME OBJECTIVE! THIS SINGLE JUSTICE WILL DEFINE A GENERATION PEOPLE! A GENERATION!

Bernie does better in the general election.

The person who is still leading even after being attacked for the last 30 years by the press, Republican Party, and the general public.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2016, 01:22:38 AM »

Yup, people need to remember this isn't the electoral college. State wins don't mean very much, aside from optics. What really matters are the margins, and Hillary's margins in the South have effectively shut Bernie out of the nomination. There's just nowhere he can make it up, especially if he's splitting the delegates in states like IA and MA.

Yeah, I saw that graphic where someone did the math.  Sanders needs to win every non-Southern state by an average of seven points to make up for his landslide losses in the South.  While he can pull those margins in Upper New England and white liberal enclaves like MN and CO (and probably the PNW too) he won't be able to do that in the Midwest.  If he can't win Massachusetts, he's not going to win Ohio or Pennsylvania.

BINGO!
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2016, 01:31:18 AM »

Bernie does better in the general election.

The person who is still leading even after being attacked for the last 30 years by the press, Republican Party, and the general public.

The Obama administration's FBI is investing pay to play with the Clinton Foundation.

Bernie bros gotta hate. F'n butthurt.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2016, 01:34:57 AM »

Glad to see I have some backup. Wink
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2016, 01:57:33 AM »

Just to recap, Hillary's winning margins in the southern states tonight:
AL +58.5