Fox News to host a Democratic Town Hall
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:20:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Fox News to host a Democratic Town Hall
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fox News to host a Democratic Town Hall  (Read 679 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 04, 2016, 08:10:44 PM »

The town hall is the first Democratic candidate event that Fox has hosted in years, and will be attended by both Clinton and Sanders. Sanders was originally going to attend alone as Clinton had cited a scheduling conflict, but it appears that conflict is now resolved. The event will be this Monday at 6 PM in Detroit, Michigan.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2016/03/hillary-clinton-fox-news-townhall-220290
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 08:24:18 PM »

This gonna be good. Maybe they will use the entire time to go after the emails.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 08:25:53 PM »

"scheduling conflict"
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 08:45:13 PM »

Interesting. I'm actually quite curious to see how politicians and hosts with such radically different attitudes will handle each other.

I'm still willing to bet there will be less whining about muh biased media here than in the GOP debate, though.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 09:08:16 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2016, 03:09:00 AM by Ronnie »

I would be very surprised if Fox doesn't go out of its way to be fair and impartial.  Clinton and Sanders had been hesitant to participate in the network up until now, and any apparent bias would burn any remaining bridges with future Democratic candidates.  Not to mention, they would be very stupid to confirm the narrative that Fox is a branch of the Republican Party.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 01:25:16 AM »

Wonder what they must have promised Clinton behind the scenes to get her to walk into the Lion's Den like this.  FNC's relationship with the Clinton's is akin to North Korea's relationship with the US.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 02:58:58 AM »

I personally don't think we should be rewarding FOX with ad dollars to host something like this, but I guess Sanders feels on FOX News will give him fair and balanced coverage.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 03:01:46 AM »

Would be an interesting watch.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 03:23:12 AM »

"Secretariat Clinton, we'd like to ask you a question sent in from 'v.foster45@aol.com': "Hey Hillary is it cool if I come out and endorse you yet or are we still on the DL about that whole thing?"  We assume he is referring to Benghazi, and furthermore this email was "sent in" by our researchers who found it in your hard drive.  Also, how many months has your doctor given you to live?  You have fifteen seconds to respond, which will begin at the start of this question."

"Senator Sanderstein, we believe you are a rapist.  We will now proceed to closing statements."
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2016, 04:05:42 AM »

Well Sanders is setting the Democrat agenda once again, did an interview with Chris Wallace & now agreed to do a Fox Townhall when Clinton refused & Fox went ahead with it.

Michigan is a clutch state & the debate is in Flint while Detroit where the townhall will is a huge city comparatively. It is very obvious Clinton would loose something, a chance to connect with people if she didn't attend.

I am bet she is seething @ Sanders now. Personally I am okay with going to lion's hole
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2016, 04:21:59 AM »

Well Sanders is setting the Democrat agenda once again, did an interview with Chris Wallace & now agreed to do a Fox Townhall when Clinton refused & Fox went ahead with it.

Michigan is a clutch state & the debate is in Flint while Detroit where the townhall will is a huge city comparatively. It is very obvious Clinton would loose something, a chance to connect with people if she didn't attend.

I am bet she is seething @ Sanders now. Personally I am okay with going to lion's hole

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies