Is this a viable path to the nomination for Sanders? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:06:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is this a viable path to the nomination for Sanders? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is this a viable path to the nomination for Sanders?  (Read 2154 times)
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« on: March 04, 2016, 11:53:36 AM »
« edited: March 04, 2016, 12:30:01 PM by Mehmentum »

I couldn't see the picture, but if you quote the OP, you can see the link which will lead you to the picture.

So this map has Sanders doing better in Mississippi than in any of the Southern Super Tuesday states.  If anything, Mississippi will be his worst state in the country.  Louisiana is also too favorable for him on this map.  How on earth is Sanders supposed to win North Carolina by 10 points?

This map must be dependent on Sanders somehow doing a lot better with African Americans.  Sure, if he can improve his numbers by that much, he could do this.  But considering how hard he campaigned for SC to get nothing in return, this is a fantasy.

Sanders' numbers in CA, AZ, and NM make it seem like that mapmaker is assuming Sanders wins Hispanics.  Clinton overwhelmingly won Hispanics in Texas, so I don't see how you can take that for granted.  Also, Arizona is a very old state.  There is no way Sanders gets 60% of the vote there.  If anything, Clinton will be getting 60% of the vote in Arizona.

The numbers on the West Coast are pure fantasy.  Sure, I can see Sanders winning Washington and Oregon by large margins, but he's not winning thee f-ing quarters of the vote there!

New York, remember this is Clinton's home state, I don't see how she loses it, and by double digits nonetheless!

West Virginia, I know there's a poll showing Sanders up big, but the numbers in Tennessee and Western Virginia on Super Tuesday throw some doubt onto this.  Also, why would Sanders lose Kentucky, a caucus, but win 75% of the vote in West Virginia.  This does not make sense.

It also relies on him winning a bunch of the territorial caucuses, which seems far fetched after Clinton won American Samoa by 43 points.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies