After Trump loses, how will he go back to a normal life?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:05:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  After Trump loses, how will he go back to a normal life?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: After Trump loses, how will he go back to a normal life?  (Read 2441 times)
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 04, 2016, 10:53:36 PM »

Will he still be invited to parties?  Will people still associate the TRUMP name with wealth and class?  Will businesses still pay billions of dollars to associate themselves with his brand?
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 10:57:53 PM »

He's not going to lose. 
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 11:00:43 PM »

I think he permanently loses his position in all shows dealing with "The Apprentice."
Most networks will probably not work with him for any other broadcasting of any kind.

He might be shunned for some high class parties and the like.
Just too much hatred and bigotry in much of what he has said.
And also all the childish and immature "acting" during the campaign.
Uggggg.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 11:01:21 PM »

Will he still be invited to parties?  Will people still associate the TRUMP name with wealth and class?  Will businesses still pay billions of dollars to associate themselves with his brand?

Oh, I am sure there will be many businesses that would be quite willing to emblazon his penis on their gates.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 11:01:59 PM »

cwt

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 11:08:54 PM »

If anything, his brand will be stronger.

MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 01:08:34 AM »

Honestly ive kinda felt like he started off or even still doing this to gain more or expand his brand in the entertainment world.

Can you imagine the books he could write.. or television shows he could now host . He could possibly do a political apprentice.
Helsinkian
Finland

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 01:23:56 AM »

Honestly ive kinda felt like he started off or even still doing this to gain more or expand his brand in the entertainment world.

Can you imagine the books he could write.. or television shows he could now host . He could possibly do a political apprentice.

That is how he will choose his running mate.
Broken System

Political Matrix
E: 0.26, S: 4.17

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 01:28:41 AM »

He will do whatever continues to make him the most money.

#1: Go back to running his businesses and devising ways to cheat the system for the highest personal gain.

#2: Creating a documentary about his time running for president. "In the 2016 election, I was an actor. I played a man called Donald Trump. This man was an angry Republican extremist looking to get the country back on track. In order to create this character, I carefully analyzed the issues that the American people were most passionate about. That's the only way I can make it work. Anger and passion blinds people and smothers their logic. I would not have made it so far if I had a calmer base. The plan was to drop the act when I was successfully elected president and to return to my Democratic roots and real beliefs almost immediately. Build a wall? I said it almost every day on the campaign trail, but I didn't really care much about that. I find it quite amazing the extent you can fabricate your political positions and how much people will take your word for it. It really shows the sorry state politics in this country is."
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2016, 02:19:03 AM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2016, 02:24:03 AM »

Drumpf's life has never been "normal".
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2016, 02:29:10 AM »

This is the 2016 board, not the 2020 board, but U think that rather than move, he'll buy the White House, rename it the TRUMP HOUSE, then a couple years later the shell company he used to buy it will go bankrupt and a Chinese company will foreclose on the mortgage and use the building to house Mexican (and Polish!) immigrants.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2016, 04:58:07 AM »

As I said, I fear we will be saying a Trump paramilitary start asserting itself.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2016, 05:17:18 AM »

Trump's life before he ran can hardly be described as normal.
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2016, 06:06:08 AM »

If he does lose I could see him continuing to remain active in politics, stumping for candidates who share his agenda. I've heard that Bi Dietl may run for mayor of NYC in 2017 as a Republican and I could easily see Trump bankrolling him and railing against De Blasio as a cop hater. I wouldn't be surprised if he tries again in 2020 though I think the GOP will have instituted new safeguards to prevent someone like him from getting the nomination again.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2016, 06:19:13 AM »

Running for President and losing can still be a lucrative business opportunity if you play your cards right afterward.  It can lead to political commentating, paid public speaking gigs, hosting TV shows, book deals etc.  Trump is a master of media manipulation -- I believe he will find a way to spin it.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2016, 06:21:16 AM »

The only chance he got, is the email scandal. But, it can backfire on GOP and voters may galvanize behind Clinton, as a politically motivated attack.

Blacks and Latinos are already energized against Trump, Clinton has the womens group.

Why
Unbiased
Australia

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2016, 06:37:22 AM »

Trump has never had a normal life.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2016, 06:44:45 AM »

Even if he does lose, he'll most likely use his fame to restart some of his failed projects. If he loses, we'll be seeing advertisements all over for TRUMP STEAKS, TRUMP VODKA, TRUMP ICE, TRUMP AIRLINES, TRUMP UNIVERSITY... And the coup de grace... the TRUMP presidential run in 2020 to either primary the Canuck and the Robot, or to defeat the Wicked Witch of Arkansas once and for all!
pho
iheartpho
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -1.39

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2016, 06:56:26 AM »

I can't help but laugh at the idea that Donald Trump was somehow less of an asshole before he became the GOP's albatross.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2016, 07:10:29 AM »

Whether he wins or loses, I'm done with the Republican Party. They've proven this election season that they're the party of hate and white supremacy. It's all thanks to Trump.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2016, 07:14:51 AM »

Whether he wins or loses, I'm done with the Republican Party. They've proven this election season that they're the party of hate and white supremacy. It's all thanks to Trump.

No, it's all thanks to decades of baiting from supposedly 'respectable' GOP politicians. The chickens are coming home to roost now.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2016, 08:06:49 AM »

If the GOP is the party of hate and white supremacy, that's not Trump's doing.  Trump is neither a "hater" or a "white supremacist", but he has, very much, tapped into the frustrations of those voters who are the least comfortable with the changing demographics of our society, and the endless amends being made to minorities for damages done to them by people long dead.  They are also the people who have been the most law abiding, the most likely to show up for America's wars in uniform, and the most likely to have 'played by the rules", i. e. to subscribe to and be constrained by a traditional work ethic and Christian morality.  These folks are being told by Democrats that THEY'RE the problem, and the GOP has encouraged them to stay angry at the Democrats for their snobbish elitism, while they shipped their jobs off to lands far away in order to boost profits for their corporate donors and investors.

That these folks are voting with their middle finger is long overdue.  Why did folks think that these people would be cowed forever?  If they ran out of patience with the Democrats' "Party of the People" rhetoric while looking down on them, and everything about them, why wouldn't they be sick of Republican elitism, which was blatantly using them, making emotional appeals to get them to vote against their own economic interest.

When you think about the above, the emergence of a Trump is long overdue.

Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2016, 10:28:01 AM »

I love watching people giving advice to a guy worth $5Bn.

Somehow, i think he will land on his feet.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2016, 10:40:23 AM »

His brand is going to be so great, maybe greater than ever before!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies