Republican Bayou/Cauci Saturday election results thread (first results @3pm ET?)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:46:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican Bayou/Cauci Saturday election results thread (first results @3pm ET?)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45
Author Topic: Republican Bayou/Cauci Saturday election results thread (first results @3pm ET?)  (Read 52637 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: March 05, 2016, 11:56:08 PM »

Stupidest thing posted on Atlas in a long time. And that's saying something.

Oh, plus the casual racism of "F$%k the needs and considerations of over 1/5 the American people" is tres magnifique!

Trying to impress me with your French? Look Badger, there is no way any Republican is going to win a significant percentage of the Hispanic vote, so why even try? Best double down on whites and try to win PA and MI.

You know just let you know that is one of the biggest reasons why minorities do not vote for Republicans because of that exact sentiment that you are feeling right now both Rose go to vote Democrat so why should we try to get their boats was just try to get even more white people yeah the Republican Party is max out on whites already you know there were Republican candidates who actively reach out to the Hispanic and African American communities and you know what they vote more for that candidate than they do for the National Party because people actually care enough to try to win their votes instead of outright ignoring them like you're doing you're the reason why the party is not appealing to these groups of people so why don't you grow up and actually learn to be a sensible human being
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #1051 on: March 05, 2016, 11:56:27 PM »

At this point, I think Ljube is just trolling.

Sure. Just remember this - if the Republican nominee is not TRUMP, the Democrats are going to win this fall.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1052 on: March 05, 2016, 11:57:25 PM »

It's sad to see the GOP implode over itself like this. The party should have noticed the warning signs

What warning signs? You and the other TRUMP haters are causing the implosion.

How are we causing the problem? Trump is doing that himself.

You are uniting against TRUMP instead of coalescing around him. You are causing the implosion.

It’s not a normal treatment of the frontrunner and it’s one indicative of having the desire to stop him and not thinking about the consequences in the general.

For the good of the party THAT IS WHY we're against him, me and so many others will never vote for him because he can't come up with decent policy positions, his campaign has brought out the worst in people with passionate xenophobia, racism, etc., and we're fighting to prevent that.

By nominating Ted Cruz?!?!?

By nominating not trump. And if that means Cruz, so be it. Cruz does not set the party back any further with minorities than it is at the moment; trump destroys it.

Anyways, I'm going to be out for a few minutes. Hopefully trump won't lose any more delegates while I'm gone; there's no more voting so there's no way for that to be done, but I wouldn't put it past him. He is a remarkable man.

HOW?!? Vosem, I like you and we share the disgust for Trump, but you happen to be the post that broke my camel's back. Can we all PLEASE stop saying Ted Freakin' Cruz is anything close to rational/mainstream/the savior of the GOP because he is at least an iota more polished than Trump??

Rallying around Cruz to stop Trump is akin to countering swallowed poison by shooting oneself in the throat.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #1053 on: March 05, 2016, 11:58:17 PM »

It's sad to see the GOP implode over itself like this. The party should have noticed the warning signs

You are uniting against TRUMP instead of coalescing around him. You are causing the implosion.

It’s not a normal treatment of the frontrunner and it’s one indicative of having the desire to stop him and not thinking about the consequences in the general.

For the good of the party THAT IS WHY we're against him, me and so many others will never vote for him because he can't come up with decent policy positions, his campaign has brought out the worst in people with passionate xenophobia, racism, etc., and we're fighting to prevent that.

By nominating not trump. And if that means Cruz, so be it. Cruz does not set the party back any further with minorities than it is at the moment; trump destroys it.

Anyways, I'm going to be out for a few minutes. Hopefully trump won't lose any more delegates while I'm gone; there's no more voting so there's no way for that to be done, but I wouldn't put it past him. He is a remarkable man.

HOW?!? Vosem, I like you and we share the disgust for Trump, but you happen to be the post that broke my camel's back. Can we all PLEASE stop saying Ted Freakin' Cruz is anything close to rational/mainstream/the savior of the GOP because he is at least an iota more polished than Trump??

Rallying around Cruz to stop Trump is akin to countering swallowed poison by shooting oneself in the throat.

Stop feeding the troll
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1054 on: March 05, 2016, 11:59:32 PM »

Sure. Just remember this - if the Republican nominee is not TRUMP, the Democrats are going to win this fall.

The Democrats are likely going to win regardless who the nominee is. The question is whether Cruz, Rubio etc. won't take the senate with them like Trump would.
win win
dxu8888

« Reply #1055 on: March 06, 2016, 12:00:02 AM »

Voting for trump is not thinking about the consequences in the general. Thankfully, the party is refusing to do that en masse.

Show me how any Establishment hack wins in the general.
TRUMP is the only one who brings a lot of crossover Democratic votes.

Yet it gets cancelled out with the turn off from Hispanics and Republicans who won't vote for Trump. Hispanics will cause Trump to lose and rightfully so.

Republicans will come home for the general. Hispanics are not needed.

Yes Hispanics are needed, you're going to throw out the fastest growing demographic in America? We NEED Hispanics to win states like Florida, Colorado, Nevada, etc., give me a break

Florida are different kind of Hispanics. The other states are lost causes.

This is completely true. Hispanics aren't one race, white guys. Trump said something about Mexicans, not Cubans (FL). The Cubans and Mexicans actually don't get along really well.

Nevada is lost. Colorado is the only state at risk with a bad comment about Mexicans. Most Mexicans live in Cali, Arizona and Texas.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #1056 on: March 06, 2016, 12:02:59 AM »

Oh, plus the casual racism of "F$%k the needs and considerations of over 1/5 the American people" is tres magnifique!

Trying to impress me with your French? Look Badger, there is no way any Republican is going to win a significant percentage of the Hispanic vote, so why even try? Best double down on whites and try to win PA and MI.

You know just let you know that is one of the biggest reasons why minorities do not vote for Republicans because of that exact sentiment that you are feeling right now both Rose go to vote Democrat so why should we try to get their boats was just try to get even more white people yeah the Republican Party is max out on whites already you know there were Republican candidates who actively reach out to the Hispanic and African American communities and you know what they vote more for that candidate than they do for the National Party because people actually care enough to try to win their votes instead of outright ignoring them like you're doing you're the reason why the party is not appealing to these groups of people so why don't you grow up and actually learn to be a sensible human being

I don't understand how you came to this conclusion about me. For the record, I would like the party to be more inclusive and to address the needs of the minorities, but that's just not possible, because the policies of the Republican Party don't resonate with minorities.
My suggestion to go all-in on whites is just a pragmatic proposal. After all, I hope we all want to the Republican Party to win the election, although I'm not so sure about you and the rest of the anti-Trump crowd.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1057 on: March 06, 2016, 12:03:30 AM »

Voting for trump is not thinking about the consequences in the general. Thankfully, the party is refusing to do that en masse.

Show me how any Establishment hack wins in the general.
TRUMP is the only one who brings a lot of crossover Democratic votes.

Yet it gets cancelled out with the turn off from Hispanics and Republicans who won't vote for Trump. Hispanics will cause Trump to lose and rightfully so.

Republicans will come home for the general. Hispanics are not needed.

Yes Hispanics are needed, you're going to throw out the fastest growing demographic in America? We NEED Hispanics to win states like Florida, Colorado, Nevada, etc., give me a break

Florida are different kind of Hispanics. The other states are lost causes.

This is completely true. Hispanics aren't one race, white guys. Trump said something about Mexicans, not Cubans (FL). The Cubans and Mexicans actually don't get along really well.

Nevada is lost. Colorado is the only state at risk with a bad comment about Mexicans. Most Mexicans live in Cali, Arizona and Texas.

Most Hispanics also know when an old white guy talks about deporting "Mexicans", he means everyone from south of the Rio Grande. That brings in the growing Hispanic populations in swing states like VA, NC, even GA (maybe), and yes FL too.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1058 on: March 06, 2016, 12:06:43 AM »

President George W. Bush says hello.

For that matter so does President Romney, which he probably would've been if he'd carried even the same share of Hispanic and Asian voters as even McCain's (which again, even that was lousy compared to W's.)
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #1059 on: March 06, 2016, 12:07:03 AM »

Most Hispanics also know when an old white guy talks about deporting "Mexicans", he means everyone from south of the Rio Grande. That brings in the growing Hispanic populations in swing states like VA, NC, even GA (maybe), and yes FL too.

Can you count to 269 Badger? You know how many states you need to win?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1060 on: March 06, 2016, 12:07:44 AM »

So when Trump makes the Hispanic community solid D voters like the AA vote Ljube what are you going to do?
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #1061 on: March 06, 2016, 12:08:56 AM »

So when Trump makes the Hispanic community solid D voters like the AA vote Ljube what are you going to do?

Max out whites. Like in the south.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #1062 on: March 06, 2016, 12:09:07 AM »

They will be voting for solid PRI, because they'll all be back in Mexico.  And you will be voting for Assad.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1063 on: March 06, 2016, 12:10:08 AM »

The Democrats are likely going to win regardless who the nominee is. The question is whether Cruz, Rubio etc. won't take the senate with them like Trump would.

Nope, Cruz Cruzslides Jezahillary while she destroys Trump. A Cruz/Rubio ticket would mean game over for the Dems in the White House till 2028.
yourelection

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1064 on: March 06, 2016, 12:10:57 AM »

Trumps winning streak has slowed a bit. Cruz has gained more delegates than Trump tonight. Still Trump is going strong and will remain the candidate to beat. Rubio had a poor showing and is losing his justification for staying in the race. Moving on to March 15 will clear things up a little or maybe not... We'll see.

More at: http://www.yourelection.net/2016/03/super-saturday-2016/
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1065 on: March 06, 2016, 12:12:08 AM »

Are MSNBC just re-broadcasting the entirety of Drumpf's speech? What a joke.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1066 on: March 06, 2016, 12:12:50 AM »

Max out whites. Like in the south.

They are already maxed out.

Romney won nearly 60% of whites in 2012 and Hillary is a good bet to do better then Obama did in 2012(39% of white vote).

2012 was the last "white hope" election.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #1067 on: March 06, 2016, 12:13:02 AM »

Cruz is better than trump because defeating trump will show that childishness and basing your campaign entirely around wanting more aggressive immigration policy will result in an unsuccessful campaign. At this point, we're trying to make sure the smallest amount of damage possible is inflicted on the party. If the most we can reduce it by is one iota, well, at least that iota won't be around to hurt us.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1068 on: March 06, 2016, 12:13:24 AM »

Can you count to 269 Badger? You know how many states you need to win?

Try drawing a Republican victory map without FL, CO, VA, or NC. Or at least one that doesn't involve the ludicrous notion of making PA or (lol) MI flip for the first time in almost 30 years. Not to mention it's not like the entire country doesn't rightly interpret "doubling down on the white vote" as full of racial animosity, and thereby repels millions of white swing voters, especially under the age of 40. The Republican Party being branded as the home of cranky middle aged white people is not a selling brand nationally.

So yes, MY math is just fine thank you.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #1069 on: March 06, 2016, 12:13:49 AM »

Are MSNBC just re-broadcasting the entirety of Drumpf's speech? What a joke.

It was a great speech.  What's not to like?
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1070 on: March 06, 2016, 12:14:26 AM »

Nope, Cruz Cruzslides Jezahillary while she destroys Trump. A Cruz/Rubio ticket would mean game over for the Dems in the White House till 2028.

Cruz is unlikeable and to far right, Hillary would smash him, Rubio is the only one who could legitimately beat her.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1071 on: March 06, 2016, 12:16:11 AM »

Cruz is better than trump because defeating trump will show that childishness and basing your campaign entirely around wanting more aggressive immigration policy will result in an unsuccessful campaign. At this point, we're trying to make sure the smallest amount of damage possible is inflicted on the party. If the most we can reduce it by is one iota, well, at least that iota won't be around to hurt us.

But there ARE other viable options (well, option) available. Cruz is just as awfully electorally and politically. Adopting HIM as the vehicle to Stop Trump is ludicrous.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1072 on: March 06, 2016, 12:16:56 AM »

The Republican party is doing a good job of telling Hispanics, Arabs, Blacks, Asians and practically every minority to screw off with Trump's nomination
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1073 on: March 06, 2016, 12:18:50 AM »

The Republican party is doing a good job of telling Hispanics, Arabs, Blacks, Asians and practically every minority to screw off with Trump's nomination

They do that anyway whether or not they nominate Trump. Because they've advocated policies for decades saying F YOU to minorities because it benefitted them electorally.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1074 on: March 06, 2016, 12:20:32 AM »

Louisiana final results

Trump: 124,818 (41.4%)
Cruz: 113,949 (37.8%)
Rubio: 33,804 (11.2%)