Republican Bayou/Cauci Saturday election results thread (first results @3pm ET?)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:30:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican Bayou/Cauci Saturday election results thread (first results @3pm ET?)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45
Author Topic: Republican Bayou/Cauci Saturday election results thread (first results @3pm ET?)  (Read 52591 times)
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1000 on: March 05, 2016, 11:22:47 PM »

It's sad to see the GOP implode over itself like this. The party should have noticed the warning signs

What warning signs? You and the other TRUMP haters are causing the implosion.

How are we causing the problem? Trump is doing that himself.

You are uniting against TRUMP instead of coalescing around him. You are causing the implosion.

It’s not a normal treatment of the frontrunner and it’s one indicative of having the desire to stop him and not thinking about the consequences in the general.

For the good of the party THAT IS WHY we're against him, me and so many others will never vote for him because he can't come up with decent policy positions, his campaign has brought out the worst in people with passionate xenophobia, racism, etc., and we're fighting to prevent that.

Too bad, your party has been creating this monster since 1972.
Kalimantan
Indonesia

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.74

« Reply #1001 on: March 05, 2016, 11:25:46 PM »

Regardless, again, the focus on first-place is blinding you to reality. If Cruz+Rubio+Kasich have more delegates than trump in a state, trump has lost. That's every state tonight.

Apparently you're a troll, But anyway, at the same point in the 2012 primary, Gingrich+Paul+Santorum had more delegates than Romney, but Romney didn't lose
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #1002 on: March 05, 2016, 11:25:50 PM »

As I said in IRC, regardless of the outcome, the LA call was way too early.

But how do you conclude that? They call it when they're confident someone will win, not when they're confident it won't tighten significantly. They know what they're doing.

Let's dispel the fiction that the news media know what they're doing. They have no idea what they're doing.

It's sad to see the GOP implode over itself like this. The party should have noticed the warning signs

What warning signs? You and the other TRUMP haters are causing the implosion.

How are we causing the problem? Trump is doing that himself.

You are uniting against TRUMP instead of coalescing around him. You are causing the implosion.

It’s not a normal treatment of the frontrunner and it’s one indicative of having the desire to stop him and not thinking about the consequences in the general.

Voting for trump is not thinking about the consequences in the general. Thankfully, the party is refusing to do that en masse.

PeteB
Canada

« Reply #1003 on: March 05, 2016, 11:28:00 PM »

Question - Could Rubio pull the chute before Florida to save his career?
That would be the rational thing for him to do at this point.

He should do so but is probably being pushed to stay in just in case he can win Florida in a surprise.

Not to mention that I will probably win Puerto Rico tomorrow!
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1004 on: March 05, 2016, 11:29:51 PM »

Regardless, again, the focus on first-place is blinding you to reality. If Cruz+Rubio+Kasich have more delegates than trump in a state, trump has lost. That's every state tonight.

Apparently you're a troll, But anyway, at the same point in the 2012 primary, Gingrich+Paul+Santorum had more delegates than Romney, but Romney didn't lose

This is because wins for Romney created momentum for him; he was capable of appealing to the supporters of his opponents. trump is incapable of doing so. He was at roughly 35% when the primaries began, in IA. He is still at roughly 35% -- if anything, he's declined slightly over the past week. It is not the same sort of frontrunner-ship, and the failure to understand that has tainted many people's views on this primary cycle. A win for trump is not like a win for any other frontrunner would be. It generates no momentum, and the only thing to measure it against is whether he gets more or less than 50%. It's why the winner-take-all states are receiving so much more attention this time; it is the only way that he can win, and so we are moving to stop him.

Another understated effect of this cycle: over the next four years, there's going to be a panic move away from WTA in establishment circles everywhere, and one contested convention will normalize the event. They're going to become more likely in the future (probably even if trump does come back, win, and prevent the contested convention in 2016, I think).
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1005 on: March 05, 2016, 11:30:22 PM »

But how do you conclude that? They call it when they're confident someone will win, not when they're confident it won't tighten significantly. They know what they're doing.

Let's dispel the fiction that the news media know what they're doing. They have no idea what they're doing.

The stats people working behind the scenes on election nights do know what they're doing, and it's validated by the fact that their calls are virtually never wrong, even when people debate on here that this that or the other call may be premature.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #1006 on: March 05, 2016, 11:30:28 PM »

Voting for trump is not thinking about the consequences in the general. Thankfully, the party is refusing to do that en masse.

Show me how any Establishment hack wins in the general.
TRUMP is the only one who brings a lot of crossover Democratic votes.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1007 on: March 05, 2016, 11:31:35 PM »

Looks like LA will be closer than KY in the end.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1008 on: March 05, 2016, 11:32:09 PM »

Yet it gets cancelled out with the turn off from Hispanics and Republicans who won't vote for Trump. Hispanics will cause Trump to lose and rightfully so.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1009 on: March 05, 2016, 11:33:07 PM »

The stats people working behind the scenes on election nights do know what they're doing, and it's validated by the fact that their calls are virtually never wrong, even when people debate on here that this that or the other call may be premature.

but

muh 2000
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #1010 on: March 05, 2016, 11:33:20 PM »

Yet it gets cancelled out with the turn off from Hispanics and Republicans who won't vote for Trump. Hispanics will cause Trump to lose and rightfully so.

Republicans will come home for the general. Hispanics are not needed.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1011 on: March 05, 2016, 11:34:18 PM »

Yes Hispanics are needed, you're going to throw out the fastest growing demographic in America? We NEED Hispanics to win states like Florida, Colorado, Nevada, etc., give me a break
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1012 on: March 05, 2016, 11:34:39 PM »

Lmao!
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #1013 on: March 05, 2016, 11:34:49 PM »

lol, trump voters are dying by the day, the hispanic opulation will only grow
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #1014 on: March 05, 2016, 11:35:35 PM »

Yes, but in 2016, they are not needed.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1015 on: March 05, 2016, 11:35:52 PM »

Has anyone done the calculations on early vs. election day vote in LA? I'm guessing the gap will be massive.
yourelection

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1016 on: March 05, 2016, 11:36:10 PM »

I think that is what Romney thought too.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #1017 on: March 05, 2016, 11:36:27 PM »

Yes Hispanics are needed, you're going to throw out the fastest growing demographic in America? We NEED Hispanics to win states like Florida, Colorado, Nevada, etc., give me a break

Florida are different kind of Hispanics. The other states are lost causes.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1018 on: March 05, 2016, 11:36:34 PM »

Lol k, Imma be laughing when Hispanics come out in DROVES for Clinton and then you blame Republicans for not turning out to vote....

Edit: Florida Hispanics are become more Democratic now, becoming more like the national average, you really are wrong here.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1019 on: March 05, 2016, 11:36:45 PM »

Like this, although subtract some piece of the Southwest, maybe add a piece in the Midwest (though it's unnecessary). We won 2010 and 2014 without Democrats, and they don't have Obama this time. We just need to avoid nominating trump, to stop the leaks.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1020 on: March 05, 2016, 11:36:53 PM »

Now you are just trolling.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #1021 on: March 05, 2016, 11:38:07 PM »

I think that is what Romney thought too.

Romney didn't have the crossover Democrat vote. Plus Evangelicals booted Romney.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1022 on: March 05, 2016, 11:38:25 PM »

Ljube clearly wants the GOP to remain the white person party by essentially dismissing minority votes. Not surprised given the TRUMP support.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1023 on: March 05, 2016, 11:39:07 PM »

Evangelicals DID come out for Romney.....

Hispanics are what KILLED Romney in the general when he did worse than McCain by only GETTING 27% OF THEM
Donnie

« Reply #1024 on: March 05, 2016, 11:39:49 PM »

LOUISIANA 99% in:

Trump    41.5 %
Cruz        37.8 %
Rubio      11.2 %
Kasich       6.4 %
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length