What is the GOP establishment more afraid of?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:28:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  What is the GOP establishment more afraid of?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which?
That Trump will lose the general election

That Trump will win the general election

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Author Topic: What is the GOP establishment more afraid of?  (Read 1180 times)
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 05, 2016, 01:05:43 PM »

Are they concerned about losing the election and damaging the party brand as they say, or are they more afraid of losing control of the party for at least 8 years?
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 01:08:35 PM »

I think a lot of the Republicans in office are more concerned about the former, but there are large parts of the party apparatus that is afraid of what the party will become under President Trump.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 01:20:07 PM »

Are they concerned about losing the election and damaging the party brand as they say, or are they more afraid of losing control of the party for at least 8 years?

We're afraid of what will happen to the country if he has 8 years.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 07:53:20 PM »

Trump winning the general election, and him proposing policies that can lead to war crimes.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 08:40:49 PM »

Trump winning the general election, and him proposing policies that can lead to war crimes.

What the  do the old war crimes even mean... Who gives the old sh**t
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 02:36:44 AM »

I think they're afraid of losing control over the system. And I mean complete loss of control, and not just for the eight years of a possible Trump presidency. I think they see the writing on the wall, and it's not looking good for them.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 03:01:03 AM »

The second is roughly as likely as Zorp the Surveyor coming and burning your flesh off with his volcano mouth. Ergo, the first is what they are more afraid of, though the consequences of the second would likely be far worse.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 09:25:39 AM »

Home  2016  Election Results  Election Info  Weblog  Wiki  Search  Email  Site Info  Store

Hey, heatmaster, you have 29 messages, 0 are new. 
March 06, 2016, 09:20:44 amNews: Be sure to enable your "Ultimate Profile" for even more goodies on your profile page!
  Atlas Forum
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Mr. Morden, AndrewTXmas, Likely Voter)
  Mitt Romney's speech! is it self serving?« previous next »Pages: [1]    AuthorTopic: Mitt Romney's speech! is it self serving?  (Read 1 times)heatmaster
YaBB God

Mitt Romney's speech! is it self serving?

« on: Today at 09:20:15 am »

MITT ROMNEY IS HIS SPEECH SELF SERVING
Mitt Romney delivered a well presented and articulate speech; it will be conceded that he had offered a valid criticism of Donald Trump; but the question which begs to be asked what was the purpose of his speech. A speech which mirrored that of Marco Rubio a few days before. Words such as "phony" and "con man" were offered. Romney it sounds has an ulterior motive for this speexh; on the surface Romney wants to sounds like somebody who has no self interest in the outcome. However he mentioned on Neil Cavuto in the same news cycle, that he advocates a "brokered" convention,  one in which he can "rescue" the Republican Party. So the Wall Street, K-street, Donor Class Republican establishment are executing an elitist coup d'etat.  Bush, Christie, Fiorina and Rubio couldn't cut the mustard,  so the fix is in, and a shakedown is in the works. Because Trump represents a threat to the powers to be. It should be noted, that Mr. Trump signed a pledge not to compete as an Independent candidate if he failed to win the nomination and he did so in good faith. The pledge was imposed, as this same "establishment" feared Trump doing exactly that and it was an insurance policy put in place in the expectation and hopes that the voters in there infinite wisdom would reject Trump; the voters have not been so obliging and now Trump is riding a wave to the nomination. What you have seen in the last few weeks is the "establishment" reacting. So why not allow the process run its course?  I will point out to the readers of this piece, that I was not a supporter of Mr. Trump, I was vociferous supporter of Jeb Bush and after he withdrew. I switched my support to Marco Rubio, but sadly he is all hype. If the fix is in and the likes of Mitt Romney or Paul Ryan are imposed as the party nominee, I will for one opt to support Hillary Clinton and suggest that my friends and associates support her. You heard it from this disappointed voter. 

Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2016, 09:30:14 AM »

Trump winning because that represents a coup, with the party becoming less the anti-redistribution, pro-small government party of Reagan and more of a centrist, populist party with white identity politics.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2016, 09:37:03 AM »

They're not afraid of his views on the issues, they're afraid that he'll keep Republicans out of the White House for the next four years.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2016, 10:13:34 AM »

Home  2016  Election Results  Election Info  Weblog  Wiki  Search  Email  Site Info  Store

Hey, heatmaster, you have 29 messages, 0 are new. 
March 06, 2016, 09:20:44 amNews: Be sure to enable your "Ultimate Profile" for even more goodies on your profile page!
  Atlas Forum
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Mr. Morden, AndrewTXmas, Likely Voter)
  Mitt Romney's speech! is it self serving?« previous next »Pages: [1]    AuthorTopic: Mitt Romney's speech! is it self serving?  (Read 1 times)heatmaster
YaBB God

Mitt Romney's speech! is it self serving?

« on: Today at 09:20:15 am »

MITT ROMNEY IS HIS SPEECH SELF SERVING
Mitt Romney delivered a well presented and articulate speech; it will be conceded that he had offered a valid criticism of Donald Trump; but the question which begs to be asked what was the purpose of his speech. A speech which mirrored that of Marco Rubio a few days before. Words such as "phony" and "con man" were offered. Romney it sounds has an ulterior motive for this speexh; on the surface Romney wants to sounds like somebody who has no self interest in the outcome. However he mentioned on Neil Cavuto in the same news cycle, that he advocates a "brokered" convention,  one in which he can "rescue" the Republican Party. So the Wall Street, K-street, Donor Class Republican establishment are executing an elitist coup d'etat.  Bush, Christie, Fiorina and Rubio couldn't cut the mustard,  so the fix is in, and a shakedown is in the works. Because Trump represents a threat to the powers to be. It should be noted, that Mr. Trump signed a pledge not to compete as an Independent candidate if he failed to win the nomination and he did so in good faith. The pledge was imposed, as this same "establishment" feared Trump doing exactly that and it was an insurance policy put in place in the expectation and hopes that the voters in there infinite wisdom would reject Trump; the voters have not been so obliging and now Trump is riding a wave to the nomination. What you have seen in the last few weeks is the "establishment" reacting. So why not allow the process run its course?  I will point out to the readers of this piece, that I was not a supporter of Mr. Trump, I was vociferous supporter of Jeb Bush and after he withdrew. I switched my support to Marco Rubio, but sadly he is all hype. If the fix is in and the likes of Mitt Romney or Paul Ryan are imposed as the party nominee, I will for one opt to support Hillary Clinton and suggest that my friends and associates support her. You heard it from this disappointed voter. 

You have 29 messages!? That's 3 more than I have.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies