Do you know any poor white people? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:34:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Do you know any poor white people? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do they exist?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 145

Author Topic: Do you know any poor white people?  (Read 18055 times)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« on: March 07, 2016, 09:18:53 AM »

wow rly makes u think huh

Maybe if you had even the slightest idea of what growing up with a jobless single-parent is like, you'd understand why I have nothing but contempt for inbred Appalachian hicks who literally sh**t away their votes at politicians who have no interests but "muh guns", "muh abortion", "muh cultural values", and "it's dat dang ol' ns fault!" on their mind.

I don't owe these idiots any sort of respect or ing coddling for being poor, nor did I at any point ever expect anybody to owe me any respect or coddling for it.

So yeah, as an answer to the thread, I do: Myself before 25 and most of my family to this day. But continue to tell me of all people that Appalachian hicks are owed some sort of free pass or special attention.
Do you even know anyone from Appalachia who is struggling to make ends meet? These kind of strawmen from middle-class New Yorkers are so easy.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 09:26:35 AM »
« Edited: March 07, 2016, 09:35:27 AM by DavidB. »

Also, it's hilarious to see self-identifying "left-wing progressives" espousing racism (why don't the blacks just vote for BERN already?!?!) and classism (hee hee hee those dumb racist Appalachian rednecks losing their jobs!!1!!!! not rly poor ofc, just lazy) on a daily basis.

Intell is truly the voice of sanity in this thread (and Antonio and Figueira).

To be perfectly honest, I do not know any poor people of any race.  All my friends are in the top 1% in terms of income.  All my relatives and co-workers are all in the top 5% in terms of income.  Only exception would be vendors of all sorts (cleaning lady, gardeners, handyman, heating guy, nannies etc etc) which I would not even say I know them well beyond the transnational nature of our relationships.  
I don't exactly know why, but I feel like throwing up after reading this.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 12:22:09 PM »

I think it's more likely that he's an old white dude trying and failing to speak the language of his young progressive base.  I think it's a good thing that he (and Clinton) are talking about things like white privilege, intersectionality, etc. on the campaign trail but it's obvious that they're just parroting talking points they've probably been debriefed on by their advisers.  At a fundamental level, I'd be shocked if either Sanders or Clinton really "get" it, and clumsy statements like this are revealing.
Yeah, this.

Or it might just be a campaign tactic on Sanders' part not in order to attract minorities, but in order to attract classist New Yorkers who would now be inclined to vote for Hillary Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies