Do you know any poor white people? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:06:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Do you know any poor white people? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do they exist?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 145

Author Topic: Do you know any poor white people?  (Read 18075 times)
rob in cal
« on: March 07, 2016, 01:46:03 AM »

Bernie hopefully realizes the historical demography in the US was such that up until the last few decades the US was about 87-89% white and obviously a significant amount of them were poor.  He does realize, I hope, that in the 1930's in the great era of unionization and the emergence of the CIO that vast majority of the workers were white. This is not Jamaica or Peru or Namibia or a place like that were you have had in the past or do today have a small white population that is more often than not wealthy and a vast poor population that is non-white.  If Bernie would enjoy some historical demographic and economic history discussion I'd love to help him out.  Come on Bernie, you can do better than this.
rob in cal
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 12:07:31 PM »

I think what Bernie probably meant (I hope anyway), is that NAM's are  more likely to be poor than whites or Asians, on a per capita basis, and thus issues of poverty, imprisonment, crime, social dysfunctionality impact them on average more than people from wealthier races.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies