Do you know any poor white people? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:30:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Do you know any poor white people? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do they exist?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 145

Author Topic: Do you know any poor white people?  (Read 18058 times)
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« on: March 07, 2016, 10:53:38 AM »

F**k white people, poor or rich.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 11:39:58 AM »

I challenge anyone to drive through Eastern Washington or Northern Idaho and claim that the people there enjoy any kind of "white privilege."

Their are plenty of poor white people in western Washington, too. The Pacific coast has been pretty devastated economically (minus the really tourist-y parts), and having grown up in rural-ish Snohomish County, I can say there are a lot of poor white places with heavy drug problems there, too (Granite Falls, Arlington, Camano Island, most anywhere in the foothills/mountains of Snoho, Skagit, and Whatcom).

Granted, crossing from Spokane County into Kootenai County is quite the experience. Oh boy.

Yeah, the poorest communities in Washington are 1. rez towns 2. Hispanic towns in Central WA and 3. the poor white towns along the Pacific coast. 
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 12:17:24 PM »

I think what Bernie probably meant (I hope anyway), is that NAM's are  more likely to be poor than whites or Asians, on a per capita basis, and thus issues of poverty, imprisonment, crime, social dysfunctionality impact them on average more than people from wealthier races.

I think it's more likely that he's an old white dude trying and failing to speak the language of his young progressive base.  I think it's a good thing that he (and Clinton) are talking about things like white privilege, intersectionality, etc. on the campaign trail but it's obvious that they're just parroting talking points they've probably been debriefed on by their advisers.  At a fundamental level, I'd be shocked if either Sanders or Clinton really "get" it, and clumsy statements like this are revealing.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 03:56:11 PM »

Sexist and racist comments are posted on this forum on a daily basis, particularly when it comes to these groups' support for Hillary Clinton. Usually they get a blind eye, and at most are confronted by a few posters, but certainly nothing of this scale.

I think most of us have given up.  We're such a tiny minority on this forum that we'll get shouted down and silenced if we complain, and the moderators at best do absolutely nothing to help us.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies