McCarthy Revolution
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:26:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  McCarthy Revolution
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: McCarthy Revolution  (Read 979 times)
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 01, 2005, 06:24:50 PM »
« edited: June 01, 2005, 06:30:49 PM by SoFA True Democrat »

Note: This timeline is supposed to be crazy, so just sit back and enjoy.

1976:

After losing the Democratic primaries, Eugene McCarthy decides to run his own campaign.  He campaigns like crazy, but never gets above 1% in the polls.  George Wallace, the surprise Democratic nominee, is currently leading over Republican president Gerald Ford.  Suddenly a scandal comes out about Wallace two weeks before the election.  It is revealed that Wallace is a necrophiliac.  He is caught digging up a grave in Massachusetts.  When asked to comment, he says "I did to show those Yankees who's boss.  I'd f**k any dead Yankee a** any day of the week.  That's what I do, so deal with it."  McCarthy immediately condmens Wallace's actions.  He is the seen as the new moral candidate in the West.  Ford, however, is quoted as saying "I don't think we should really criticize Wallace.  Besides, we all have fetishes.  I enjoy doing it in a bath tub filled with Pepto Bismol, so what's the big deal?"

On election day, McCarthy wins big, however no Vice-President is elected as McCarthy did not have a running mate.  The Senate is deadlocked 50-50 on a Vice-President, so no VP is ever elected.

McCarthy: 44%, 295 electoral votes
Wallace/Maddox: 31%, 186 electoral votes
Ford/Dole: 25%, 57 electoral votes

In the aftermath of the election, the Senate and House stand as follows:

Senate:
Democrats: 42
Republicans: 8
Independent "McCarthyists": 50

House:
Democrats: 342
Republicans: 84
Independent "McCarthyists": 9

Due to new redistricting across the nation after the 1974 midterms, the Democrats have a new "Super Majority" as they call iit.  Some of the absurd districts stretch from San Diego to San Francisco and from the Bronx to Hamilton.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies