What Republicans must do and must do NOW
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2024, 11:41:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  What Republicans must do and must do NOW
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: What Republicans must do and must do NOW  (Read 4698 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 09, 2016, 02:13:19 PM »

I have already issued a clarion call to my fellow Republicans on March 2, 2016, that in order to stop Trump, Rubio and Kasich must drop out of the race and support Cruz.

Given the events  of this past week, my words have been confirmed and have become even much more urgent.

Cruz is on the upswing, Rubio has totally collapsed, Kasich continues to live in a dream world.

Marco Rubio, swallow your pride, withdraw from the race, and endorse Cruz NOW.  The only thing that is going to happen with Rubio if he contests the primary in Florida is that he is going to be humiliated by the Republican voters in Florida by going down to an ignominious  defeat.   

John Kasich, think of the future of your party and the future of your country, you are not going to win Ohio.  Put the nation's interests above your own.  Withdraw from the race NOW and endorse Cruz NOW.

Jeb Bush, now that you have had time to fully realize you are not going to be the nominee, do the right thing and endorse Cruz NOW.  Follow your brother, Neil Bush's lead, and throw your support to Cruz NOW.

Carly Fiorina, thank you for taking this bold step of endorsing Cruz.

The rest should follow your courageous example.

Who's with me?   

Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 02:21:15 PM »

Amen!!!
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 02:21:44 PM »

Anerica is screwed either way if Trump or Cruz are elected.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 02:54:13 PM »

Dude, Cruz is not going to win a majority of delegates either. His route to the nomination is the same as Rubio's, Kasich's, and even Romney's: brokered convention.

If anything, you want Rubio to stay in for a small chance of depriving Trump of Florida's delegates. If Rubio dropped out, there would be absolutely no question that Trump romps there. Kasich dropping out before Ohio and handing those delegates to Trump would also be pure lunacy.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 02:55:54 PM »

Why would Cruz be better for your people or your interests than TRUMP?
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 02:57:58 PM »

This is a good question.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 03:09:00 PM »

This is a good question.
Cruz is actually a conservative and will do his best to reduce the size and scope of government.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 03:11:38 PM »

This is a good question.

Cruz is an extremely intelligent, principled, capable, political leader.

Trump is a self-centered, foul mouthed, megalomaniac, who lashes out when criticized, who does not have the temperament to be President, does not understand how things really work, case in point, a wall on the U.S. Mexico border.  We all know there is no way on this earth this will EVER happen.  His business acumen is not all it is cut out to be.  He appeals to hatred, racism, and bigotry.        
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 03:13:25 PM »

#NeverCruz
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2016, 03:14:34 PM »

This is a good question.

Trump is a self-centered, foul mouthed, megalomaniac, who lashes out when criticized, who does not have the temperament to be President, does not understand how things really work, case in point, a wall on the U.S. Mexico border.  We all know there is no way on this earth this will EVER happen.  His business acumen is not all it is cut out to be.  He appeals to hatred, racism, and bigotry.        

I understand you don't like TRUMP, but you should consider electability too.
Cruz is hopelessly unelectable.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2016, 03:16:11 PM »

I am with you 100%. Rubio and Kasich need to drop out and support Cruz. The Trump train must be stopped.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2016, 03:43:30 PM »

I have already issued a clarion call to my fellow Republicans on March 2, 2016, that in order to stop Trump, Rubio and Kasich must drop out of the race and support Cruz.

Given the events  of this past week, my words have been confirmed and have become even much more urgent.

Cruz is on the upswing, Rubio has totally collapsed, Kasich continues to live in a dream world.

Marco Rubio, swallow your pride, withdraw from the race, and endorse Cruz NOW.  The only thing that is going to happen with Rubio if he contests the primary in Florida is that he is going to be humiliated by the Republican voters in Florida by going down to an ignominious  defeat.  

John Kasich, think of the future of your party and the future of your country, you are not going to win Ohio.  Put the nation's interests above your own.  Withdraw from the race NOW and endorse Cruz NOW.

Jeb Bush, now that you have had time to fully realize you are not going to be the nominee, do the right thing and endorse Cruz NOW.  Follow your brother, Neil Bush's lead, and throw your support to Cruz NOW.

Who's with me?    

I am not a fan of Cruz but, let me be his consultant and let's play your scenario out:

1. Rubio drops out now and endorses Cruz.  Hundreds of thousands of early ballots for Rubio are wasted and Cruz can't manage better than 35% there - end result Trump walks away with additional 99 delegates!

2. Kasich drops out and endorses Cruz.  Most of his supporters prefer Trump to Cruz and Trump wins Ohio - end result Trump gets 66 delegates

3. Combined effects of the recommendation - Trump gets 165 delegates (in addition to whatever else he may get) and pretty much wraps up the nomination!

4. Even though Cruz gets some delegates, he is playing Rick Santorum to Trump's Romney and the race is over for him.

In short, Cruz should absolutely pray that neither Kasich, nor Rubio leave and that at least one of them wins their state!
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2016, 03:43:47 PM »

This is a good question.

I understand you don't like TRUMP, but you should consider electability too.
Cruz is hopelessly unelectable.

Is that all you have to say ? To just think about "electability" ?
Lincoln Republican just described trump as a candidate attached to "hatred, racism and bigotry," and the only thing you say is "well, I know you don't like trump, but think also about electability."

Someone's "electability" is way-down on the list compared to someone's negative traits associated with hatred, racism and bigotry. How can you just ignore a candidate with these traits, and just tell someone to instead just worry about electability ?

It's like telling someone, "Yeah I know that you hate Hitler, but you should consider voting for him because he is more electable compared to the other candidates."
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2016, 03:49:27 PM »

Given the events  of this past week, my words have been confirmed and have become even much more urgent.

Marco Rubio, swallow your pride, withdraw from the race, and endorse Cruz NOW.  The only thing that is going to happen with Rubio if he contests the primary in Florida is that he is going to be humiliated by the Republican voters in Florida by going down to an ignominious  defeat.   

John Kasich, think of the future of your party and the future of your country, you are not going to win Ohio.  Put the nation's interests above your own.  Withdraw from the race NOW and endorse Cruz NOW.

Jeb Bush, now that you have had time to fully realize you are not going to be the nominee, do the right thing and endorse Cruz NOW.  Follow your brother, Neil Bush's lead, and throw your support to Cruz NOW.

Who's with me?   

I am not a fan of Cruz but, let me be his consultant and let's play your scenario out:

1. Rubio drops out now and endorses Cruz.  Hundreds of thousands of early ballots for Rubio are wasted and Cruz can't manage better than 35% there - end result Trump walks away with additional 99 delegates!

2. Kasich drops out and emdorses Cruz.  Most of his supporters prefer Trump to Cruz and Trump wins Ohio - end result Trump gets 66 delegates

3. Combined effects of the recommendation - Trump gets 165 delegates (in addition to whatever else he may get) and pretty much wraps up the nomination!

4. Even though Cruz gets some delegates, he is playing Rick Santorum to Trump's Romney and the race is over for him.

In short, Cruz should absolutely pray that neither Kasich, nor Rubio leave and that at least one of them wins their state!

In regards to your points numbered 1 thru 3 :
Take into consideration that Florida and Ohio are winner-take-all states. The polls right now show trump with a comfortable lead in Florida and a small lead in Ohio. So it seems that he will win both states anyway, regardless if Rubio and Kasich are in or out before March 15.
So it's seems that we may have the same result in both of those two states (trump wins) in any case.
gsmiro
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 4.45

P P
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2016, 03:54:17 PM »

Are you aware that Mr. Ted Cruz is not a natural born citizen?  That he is not eligible to become the POTUS or VPOTUS by the very US Constitution that you support?  Please understand that to be a natural born citizen, one has to be born of both citizen parents and cannot be subject to the legal jurisdiction of any other country. 
SingingAnalyst
mathstatman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2016, 03:59:16 PM »

Shouldn't Kasich and Rubio wait until Mar. 16 to drop out and endorse Cruz?
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2016, 04:00:03 PM »

Who's with me?   

1. Rubio drops out now and endorses Cruz.  Hundreds of thousands of early ballots for Rubio are wasted and Cruz can't manage better than 35% there - end result Trump walks away with additional 99 delegates!

2. Kasich drops out and emdorses Cruz.  Most of his supporters prefer Trump to Cruz and Trump wins Ohio - end result Trump gets 66 delegates

In regards to your points numbered 1 thru 3 :
Take into consideration that Florida and Ohio are winner-take-all states. The polls right now show trump with a comfortable lead in Florida and a small lead in Ohio. So it seems that he will win both states anyway, regardless if Rubio and Kasich are in or out before March 15.
So it's seems that we may have the same result in both of those two states (trump wins) in any case.

We very well may have the same result.  However, Kasich has a decent chance to capture OH (he has the strongest ground game by far there and he is only a few points behind Trump).  While it doesn't look likely, Rubio also has a minimal chance of winning FL (assuming all the stars align and all the polls are overestimating Trump's lead Smiley).  Taking them out of the game now benefits only Trump, not Cruz!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2016, 05:00:30 PM »

Are you aware that Mr. Ted Cruz is not a natural born citizen?  That he is not eligible to become the POTUS or VPOTUS by the very US Constitution that you support?  Please understand that to be a natural born citizen, one has to be born of both citizen parents and cannot be subject to the legal jurisdiction of any other country. 

My friend, you should really do more investigation before making statements like the one you just made.

Yes, Cruz was born in Canada, however, his mother was a U.S. citizen, born in Delaware.  His father was born in Cuba.

Therefore, by virtue of the fact his mother was/is an American citizen, Cruz is totally eligible to become President of the United States.

Also, you are pitting yourself against one of the foremost constitutional scholars in the U.S., Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz, who has stated that Cruz is constitutionally eligible to be President, and, by the way, has as well stated that Ted Cruz is one of the smartest students he has ever had at the Harvard Law School.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2016, 05:08:29 PM »

WRONG. Trump would win the 165 delegates for sure in Florida and Ohio if both dropped out and thats 165 delegates straight to trump with NY, NJ ect. coming up which are big trump states.

Theres one way left to stop trump and only one way. Rubio wins Florida (highly unlikely) Kasich wins Ohio (Chance). Than a brokered convention could certainly happen.

The states left just doesn't add up anymore for Cruz to beat Trump. Most of hist strong spots in the south have voted. 
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2016, 05:09:25 PM »

So you guys are dumb enough to think a Jeb Bush endorsement would help anything?

Yeah Trump's got this.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2016, 05:20:34 PM »

Because of the 50% rule so many states have, every non Trump Republican except Cruz dropping out will HELP Trump.

The Republican establishment can't beat Trump and they've realized this. Now they'll just do whatever it takes to deny him a delegate majority.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2016, 05:24:42 PM »

Because of the 50% rule so many states have, every non Trump Republican except Cruz dropping out will HELP Trump.

The Republican establishment can't beat Trump and they've realized this. Now they'll just do whatever it takes to deny him a delegate majority.

Exactly, most polling shows that Kasich voter's second choice is Trump.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2016, 05:32:04 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2016, 05:37:48 PM by Ronnie »

I disagree with your assessment, BRTD.  As long as Rubio stays in, the more likely he deprives Cruz of critical wins in WTA states.  Cruz actually does quite well against Trump 1-on-1; Michigan exit polls had him 43-41, with the rest choosing no one.  I think Cruz would easily beat Trump pretty much everywhere west of the Mississippi in a 2-person race, even in California.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2016, 05:34:19 PM »

I prefer Trump to Cruz as a republican.

The last thing we need is a no-negotiating get nothing done president. Cruz is to the far right as what Obama was to the far left. If you want another 4 to 8 years of complete grid lock in washington than sure Cruz can get that done.

Dems will almost def. take the senate back....and with a president cruz that means a complete deadlock again. Cruz said "I will never negotiate with the democrats" yeah that sounds about what we need as a country right now.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2016, 05:37:08 PM »

Why would anyone prefer Cruz to Trump, regardless of ideology?

Literally every negative about Trump, from any angle or perspective imaginable, is either equally true or worse for Cruz.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies