The Walking Dead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:29:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The Walking Dead
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 2922 times)
Enduro
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 10, 2016, 02:50:31 PM »

There is a thread for House of Cards, and for Game of Thrones, let's start one for TWD.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 03:25:27 PM »

I absolutely LOVE this show, and Fear The Walking Dead. I waited so long for a very high-quality zombie series.

My only beef with it right now is I wish they had included a little more of the government angle in TWD, but as I understand it, Kirk insisted heavily that there be no talk of a cure or anything like that. I'd settle for say, the discovery a large military contingent holding out somewhere in the country and making their way into the TWD world.

There is really only so much they can do with the current dynamic. It's becoming more group vs group and getting kinda repetitive with that, so I hope they can keep this interesting.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 03:39:25 PM »

^ Agreed, the '(survivors vs survivors) vs zombies' format has been what's made it so successful, but I honestly can't see how this series is going to end.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 03:42:23 PM »

Yeah, but I think this season, and next, is going to be the most brutal survivors vs survivors yet. This time, it won't be a fight, it'll be a war.

I like the idea of a government angle, like the U.S. Government reforms in some bunker the group happens upon.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 03:56:14 PM »

Yeah, but I think this season, and next, is going to be the most brutal survivors vs survivors yet. This time, it won't be a fight, it'll be a war.

I like the idea of a government angle, like the U.S. Government reforms in some bunker the group happens upon.

Definitely. I'm a bit antsy about who they are going to kill off as well, because they definitely will take out some important people (I hope not Glenn and/or Maggie Sad)

I don't read the comics, so while the direction of the story may already be somewhat known, I really wish they'd do something novel after the saviors arc is complete instead of just some new rival group.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 06:40:05 PM »

Somebody major is going to meet their demise via Lucille this season.  I'm still betting it's Glenn.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 07:04:10 PM »

I watch this show.  At first I was just following it because my roommate got me to watch it with her, but the second half of season 4 and the first half of season 5 REALLY got me hooked.  I think the quality is going downhill a bit, but the characters are interesting enough where I'll keep watching unless it becomes a total train wreck. 
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 07:08:37 PM »

My only beef with it right now is I wish they had included a little more of the government angle in TWD, but as I understand it, Kirk insisted heavily that there be no talk of a cure or anything like that. I'd settle for say, the discovery a large military contingent holding out somewhere in the country and making their way into the TWD world.

Don't think about it too much.  The logistics of the show make no sense lol

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This.  The show is at its best when the characters are on the run imo and the slower character development episodes are usually the highest quality.  Group vs. group is getting boring, but I have hope that this season will be something different.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 08:48:11 PM »

Somebody major is going to meet their demise via Lucille this season.  I'm still betting it's Glenn.

Who's Lucille?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 09:04:21 PM »

Who's Lucille?

It's Negan's barbed-wire(d) bat that he beats peoples faces in with.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 10:56:53 PM »

Who's Lucille?

In the last episode when Glenn was killing the bad guys in their sleep, he stopped to look at a bunch of Polaroids on the wall of people with their heads smashed in (by Lucille)  Plus, Glen's escape from death earlier this season was a bit ridiculous.  It would be a bit heavy handed and obvious for Glenn to be the one, but WD tends to be that way.  A scenario were he offers himself in place of Maggie seems to be the way the wind is blowing.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2016, 02:32:51 AM »

I don't remember any mention of 'Lucille' in the last episode?  Huh
P123

Political Matrix
E: 3.64, S: 3.20

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2016, 03:53:52 AM »

Eh, read all the comics etc and watch the show but the plot is getting stale. The Governor arc was much better in the comic, and the plot is declining (IE NEW GROUP VS NEW ENEMY PEOPLE DIE!). Still a fan, but I prefer Z-Nation.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2016, 11:49:42 AM »
« Edited: March 11, 2016, 11:51:38 AM by HockeyDude »

I like.  I find it funny that people have been turned off by it in the later seasons.  While a good show, what always turned me off a little was how OH MY GOD OVERLY DRAMATIC these people were all the time.  But honestly, since [SPOILERS!!!!]

Dale, Andrea, Laurie, and other insufferable drama queens were done away with it's been much more palatable.  They are still too dramatic, what with all the "we need to talk" scenes and that but it's better than it was to start.  

I enjoy how the series kind of plays out like a video game.  Like, every new spot is another "level" and another, tougher enemy to deal with (a boss), with the zombies like the regular enemies.  
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2016, 08:06:31 PM »

Eh, read all the comics etc and watch the show but the plot is getting stale. The Governor arc was much better in the comic, and the plot is declining (IE NEW GROUP VS NEW ENEMY PEOPLE DIE!). Still a fan, but I prefer Z-Nation.

The Governor was a lot more scary in the comics, I like my villains to scare the crap out of you; I like it when you think "what's going to happen" when he/she comes on the screen. I hope they stay true to Negan in the show.
P123

Political Matrix
E: 3.64, S: 3.20

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2016, 01:51:10 AM »

The Governor was a lot more scary in the comics, I like my villains to scare the crap out of you; I like it when you think "what's going to happen" when he/she comes on the screen. I hope they stay true to Negan in the show.

Yeah I hope they keep Negan as a complete pyschopath in the show.

They threw way to much mud in the water with The Governor in attempting to make him sympathetic (yet overall evil). Should have just made him a total bloodthirsty maniac/villain as in the comics.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2016, 08:23:42 PM »

Never read the comics, but I really like where the show is going ... not even NECESSARILY the plot, just how well each episode is written and directed lately.

I'm also super pumped for season two of FTWD, which I thought was fantastic in its year one debut.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2016, 12:22:26 PM »

Is he dead?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2016, 01:07:37 PM »
« Edited: March 28, 2016, 01:13:25 PM by Virginia »

Nope. (cont. below under spoilers thingy)

He's too important to kill off like that. It looks like a shot to the arm, probably to help immobilize him so he doesn't cause trouble with whatever they are planning to do with them. Plus, the guy literally said "you'll be alright".

On a side note, I am continuing to get annoyed at just how many people Negan has and how it doesn't seem to matter that they are getting killed off faster than walkers. That many capable people who can effectively fight is too valuable and it seems too impractical for Negan to have so many that he can lose like 45+ and not really be hurting right now

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2016, 01:47:37 PM »

^ I didn't read the spoilers, but what you're telling me is that this season has had two different cases of a major character being killed off, only for them to "PSYCHE!!" us instead?  This show, I swear to god.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2016, 02:17:29 PM »
« Edited: March 28, 2016, 02:19:00 PM by Virginia »

^ I didn't read the spoilers, but what you're telling me is that this season has had two different cases of a major character being killed off, only for them to "PSYCHE!!" us instead?  This show, I swear to god.

With you-know-who, it was highly likely that at least 1 significant character was going to die this season. At least based on previous seasons and how they loosely follow the comics. Tbh, I think it's probably a good thing to change the cast up once in awhile. Some shows don't, and it can get kind of stale if not done properly.

It seems spoilers were leaked about the finale and while I have avoided reading them, apparently it's something that will cause fan outrage. At least according to Reddit's TWD sub. Whatever it is, I hope it isn't some bs cliffhanger or something similar.

The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2016, 04:59:09 PM »

Leaked spoiler concerning the finale:
This isn't confirmed by The Spoiling Dead Fans (the best spoiler source in my opinion), but apparently the finale ends on a cliffhanger without you knowing who is getting Lucilled. I still can't believe they would do this since it would be a horrible way to do the scene from the comics, plus filming spoilers would ruin the surprise when Glenn/Darryl/Other show up on set. The worst case scenario might be happening, in which its a cliffhanger, and it ends up being Aaron that gets killed in the Season 7 premiere
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2016, 06:16:53 AM »

I swear, if Daryl is killed off, I'd scream. I screamed when it looked like Glenn was dead.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2016, 03:32:25 PM »

Who's Lucille?

https://youtu.be/teRzkaURkeo
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2016, 03:42:30 PM »

...and it begins