The Walking Dead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:19:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The Walking Dead
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 2919 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2016, 11:29:31 PM »

I hate this show now.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2016, 01:09:11 AM »

If they're following the comics, I know who Negan kills and if it's that person Imma be pissed.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2016, 01:27:31 PM »

If they're following the comics, I know who Negan kills and if it's that person Imma be pissed.

They follow it to a degree, but there are a lot of differences. Enough differences that who died is highly likely to not be who you are thinking. I really hope so, anyhow.

In regards to last night's episode: @*(! that. I'm so #@*(ing sick of them doing things like this. They should have a little more respect for their fanbase. No one is asking them to change the story here, but rather include 1 - 2 minutes extra for that episode so we #*@(ing know what happened.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2016, 01:45:48 PM »

When you're done watching the finale, you're going to wish it was that person that got killed.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2016, 07:37:40 PM »

Loved the finale ... certainly have my guess, and it's not the one from the comics.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2016, 08:51:56 PM »

Loved the finale ... certainly have my guess, and it's not the one from the comics.

I'm thinking: Aaron
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2016, 05:14:19 AM »

I suddenly remembered why this show is so annoying.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2016, 06:54:49 PM »

Alright, the show is coming back. Who died?
vanguard96
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2017, 01:09:43 PM »

Thoughts on the latest episode of The Walking Dead?

I was not too pleased with the changed look of the show, the effects - particularly the explosions, and how it all unraveled so quickly with scenes that logistically did not make sense.

Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2017, 09:07:24 PM »

I liked the episode for the most part.. But come on Rick! Make the shot!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2017, 09:25:31 PM »

It's aggravating that they keep putting Negan in easy-to-kill positions only to find some new reason for why Rick or someone else couldn't or wouldn't do it. I get it, they aren't going to kill big bad Negan on ep1, but then don't have him waltz right out in front of everyone. They could have just as easily had him open the door ajar and speak from there. Seriously, that is just bad writing. You don't keep putting people in situations where all common logic dictates they'd be killed, only to time and again have them somehow survive.

Honestly, I think they really messed up with making Negan/Saviors the center of attention for ~2.3 seasons. It's clear that Kirkman and the writers love Negan, but most of the viewers don't seem to. He acts and talks way too strange, and he's just not that menacing. The huge drop in viewership from season 6/s7e1 seems to confirm that. Personally, I'm tired of him. The war with Negan should have been the 2nd part of season 7 and wrapped up early in season 8. Instead, this is getting tedious.

Overall I think at some point in the future they will come to regret this long arc involving Negan. I just hope they learn from it with future enemies. But as for season 8, it's hard for me to not like TWD. I still love the show, and I like the uptick in action we were promised, but if in the future they waste another handful of seasons on some overhyped baddie I may stop watching altogether.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2017, 09:35:38 PM »

It's aggravating that they keep putting Negan in easy-to-kill positions only to find some new reason for why Rick or someone else couldn't or wouldn't do it. I get it, they aren't going to kill big bad Negan on ep1, but then don't have him waltz right out in front of everyone. They could have just as easily had him open the door ajar and speak from there. Seriously, that is just bad writing. You don't keep putting people in situations where all common logic dictates they'd be killed, only to time and again have them somehow survive.

Honestly, I think they really messed up with making Negan/Saviors the center of attention for ~2.3 seasons. It's clear that Kirkman and the writers love Negan, but most of the viewers don't seem to. He acts and talks way too strange, and he's just not that menacing. The huge drop in viewership from season 6/s7e1 seems to confirm that. Personally, I'm tired of him. The war with Negan should have been the 2nd part of season 7 and wrapped up early in season 8. Instead, this is getting tedious.

Overall I think at some point in the future they will come to regret this long arc involving Negan. I just hope they learn from it with future enemies. But as for season 8, it's hard for me to not like TWD. I still love the show, and I like the uptick in action we were promised, but if in the future they waste another handful of seasons on some overhyped baddie I may stop watching altogether.

I totally agree with that.
vanguard96
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2017, 11:21:15 AM »

I get where you are coming from regarding Negan.
I don't like the character that much. Too much talk.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2017, 02:20:37 PM »

I'm not caught up on Walking Dead, but I actually kinda like Negan as a villain. It might just because I think that Jefferey Dean Morgan is an amazing actor, and I'm see TWD's current best actor leave. Especially when he has so much more to do with his character.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2017, 09:18:12 PM »

Any thoughts about last night's episode?
vanguard96
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2017, 08:44:37 AM »

Too many points to focus on - and still don't like the cheap, grainy handheld video look.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2017, 01:44:53 AM »

I think at this point it's fair to say that some writers and producers need to be fired from TWD, including Scott Gimple. They have run this show into the ground. It's lost half of it's viewers from just 2 seasons ago, give or take. I still enjoy it, more or less, although I'm enjoying it less and everywhere I look it seems people are either fed up or getting fed up with the show. I don't even know how you go from 13 - 15 million viewers per episode to just 7 - 8 million an episode that quickly, either. I'm not sure what the primary problems are, but what I do know is that the numbers don't lie. They are screwing this up so bad and are showing no signs of slowing down.

In respect to that, the only good thing to come from AMC's hyper-greedy decision making is that they could actually end up firing people by the time season 8 is over, because at this rate, TWD might actually end season 8 with the same number of viewers they started with in season 1, which is an excruciatingly painful thought for someone who loves The Walking Dead as much as me.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2017, 09:53:35 AM »

I think at this point it's fair to say that some writers and producers need to be fired from TWD, including Scott Gimple. They have run this show into the ground. It's lost half of it's viewers from just 2 seasons ago, give or take. I still enjoy it, more or less, although I'm enjoying it less and everywhere I look it seems people are either fed up or getting fed up with the show. I don't even know how you go from 13 - 15 million viewers per episode to just 7 - 8 million an episode that quickly, either. I'm not sure what the primary problems are, but what I do know is that the numbers don't lie. They are screwing this up so bad and are showing no signs of slowing down.

In respect to that, the only good thing to come from AMC's hyper-greedy decision making is that they could actually end up firing people by the time season 8 is over, because at this rate, TWD might actually end season 8 with the same number of viewers they started with in season 1, which is an excruciatingly painful thought for someone who loves The Walking Dead as much as me.

Expected based on TV trends, what generally happens to shows as they age. Still by far one of the highest rated shows on TV though. But I imagine if GOT kept going without a known ending it would start to drop like this too.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2018, 11:51:11 AM »

Anybody watch the midseason premiere last night? Any thoughts?
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2018, 06:26:22 AM »
« Edited: February 28, 2018, 12:21:19 PM by Great Again: American Horror Story »

I opted out after the first episode of Season 7.

This was based on reviews I've read that the show basically jumped shark during that season, the abysmally boring and pointless Season 6 finale, and that I found Negan to be a terribly annoying character.

Seasons 3 through 5 were the highpoint of the show IMO... the first half of Season 6 was great too. But I thought that the quality was already declining a bit in the second half of Season 6.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2018, 09:20:01 AM »

Anybody watch the midseason premiere last night? Any thoughts?

Yeah.

They're out of ideas so they decided to kill off an incredibly important character for shock value. It'll pull in views for a couple of weeks then they'll drop again.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2018, 10:28:57 AM »

Any thoughts about last night's season finale?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2018, 02:19:02 PM »

I'm a little disappointed that you-know-who was kept alive. I knew it was coming per the comics (I don't read them but I read about it in the TWD subreddit), but not everything in the comics makes it to the show, so I was hoping this wouldn't. I think season 7 and 8 have been disasters for the show (their ratings have plummeted), so moving on from anything YouKnowWho-related would be advisable imo. No death penalty whatsoever is not required for a society to be civilized. I'm not usually a fan of it, but in a world where modern society has collapsed and the dead roam the countryside eating people, then you don't have the luxury of being morally righteous 24/7. People that are as brutal, sadistic and dangerous as YouKnowWho should not be kept alive. Once they have reached a level where they can build actual prisons, they can hold people that dangerous forever, but right now, all their communities are vulnerable to even small attacks by groups similar to The Wolves, which means YouKnowWho could escape at some point. Plus, it's f'd up that Rick would keep him alive despite what he did to people very close to him. It shouldn't be up to him alone, and he should have known that it would cause a rift in the group if he did that. It was an incredibly stupid decision. But show-wise, I want it to move in a different direction like they did after The Governor. I don't want a situation where that person keeps dominating the story line somehow. It needs to evolve past them.

Also, very very excited that Scott Gimple is out. Technically he was moved "up" and to another position, but it seems like they fired him in a way that didn't look like he was fired. So either way, the show may have a real shot at rebounding in both quality and ratings, which I very much hope for because if the ratings declines continue unabated, the show probably won't last for more than a few more seasons.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2018, 02:40:33 PM »

I'm a little disappointed that you-know-who was kept alive. I knew it was coming per the comics (I don't read them but I read about it in the TWD subreddit), but not everything in the comics makes it to the show, so I was hoping this wouldn't. I think season 7 and 8 have been disasters for the show (their ratings have plummeted), so moving on from anything YouKnowWho-related would be advisable imo. No death penalty whatsoever is not required for a society to be civilized. I'm not usually a fan of it, but in a world where modern society has collapsed and the dead roam the countryside eating people, then you don't have the luxury of being morally righteous 24/7. People that are as brutal, sadistic and dangerous as YouKnowWho should not be kept alive. Once they have reached a level where they can build actual prisons, they can hold people that dangerous forever, but right now, all their communities are vulnerable to even small attacks by groups similar to The Wolves, which means YouKnowWho could escape at some point. Plus, it's f'd up that Rick would keep him alive despite what he did to people very close to him. It shouldn't be up to him alone, and he should have known that it would cause a rift in the group if he did that. It was an incredibly stupid decision. But show-wise, I want it to move in a different direction like they did after The Governor. I don't want a situation where that person keeps dominating the story line somehow. It needs to evolve past them.

Also, very very excited that Scott Gimple is out. Technically he was moved "up" and to another position, but it seems like they fired him in a way that didn't look like he was fired. So either way, the show may have a real shot at rebounding in both quality and ratings, which I very much hope for because if the ratings declines continue unabated, the show probably won't last for more than a few more seasons.

When it initially happened last night I wasn't very excited about them keeping him alive but the more I think about it, I understand why they did it. I understand that Carl wanted the war to end (I still don't agree with them killing him though). But I agree that seasons 7&8 have hurt the series but I believe season 8 was marginally better than season 7. So I believe the show is looking (at least somewhat) up because of the end of all out war.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2018, 09:42:12 AM »

Anybody gonna be watching the season 9 premiere in 2 weeks? Any thoughts?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies