Mr. Illini maps the 2016 Illinois primary
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:51:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Mr. Illini maps the 2016 Illinois primary
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Mr. Illini maps the 2016 Illinois primary  (Read 3250 times)
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2016, 11:47:58 PM »

Cook and Lake Counties, GOP Primary

Trump
Kasich
Cruz

Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2016, 05:10:31 PM »

The Democratic race for Clerk of Circuit Court - a Green Line request

Despite having her home raided by by police and facing potential ethics charges, Brown was able to coast to victory in this primary. The result may not have been quite as much of a blowout as the map suggests - she won Brown 48/Harris 30/Meister 22 - yet, it Brown's victory was not all that difficult..

Cook County Dems endorsed Harris after the raid on Brown's home, but their efforts were futile.

We see that Brown did well throughout. Her numbers were best in the black areas of the county. The south and west sides along with the south suburbs were Brown's best jurisdictions. She also did well in the Hispanic areas - although Harris picked up a couple of wards there. Harris also, for whatever reason, won Lemont. No clear explanation there. Meister, a white, liberal human rights attorney, did best in, predictably, white liberal areas. His best numbers were on the north side - his best wards containing Lakeview, Roscoe Village, and parts of Lincoln Square. The North Shore as well - taking New Trier and Northfield townships.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2016, 11:53:13 PM »

Lemont, as well as Orland and Worth to some extent, have a lot of former Southwest Side machine voters from places like Madigans district (which Harris won) who moved out when the areas fell apart.  Maybe they are still influenced by the machine to some extent.  Thats all I can think of for Lemont at least.

It's also probably the most culturally conservative township, so Meister probably didnt fare well there at all, meaning Harris was able to consolidate the anti-brown vote.

Since I know you voted in the Dem primary - did you vote for Harris or Brown?
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2016, 10:26:30 AM »

The Democratic primary for U.S. Senate in Cook County

Obviously Duckworth killed it. However, some puzzling observations. It seems like Zopp did better in Hispanic areas than she did in black areas, despite having in-roads in the black community. This could be because of Harris - who also has in-roads in the black community. There's a chance that he split the "non-Duckworth vote" - except that didn't really exist as any sort of sentiment in this race. So why Hispanic communities were more sympathetic to Zopp, I am not sure. We see that Zopp won one SW side Hispanic ward as well as Cicero, a heavily Hispanic near west suburb. She also won one ward on the south side. Harris won south suburban township Thornton, which includes part of his state senate district. Duckworth's largest margins were in that huge block of dark red townships in the north of the county and the far north side wards. A number of those townships are in her Congressional district, and the townships/wards that aren't are very white - areas she did very well in.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2016, 11:28:44 AM »

Lemont, as well as Orland and Worth to some extent, have a lot of former Southwest Side machine voters from places like Madigans district (which Harris won) who moved out when the areas fell apart.  Maybe they are still influenced by the machine to some extent.  Thats all I can think of for Lemont at least.

It's also probably the most culturally conservative township, so Meister probably didnt fare well there at all, meaning Harris was able to consolidate the anti-brown vote.

I definitely didn't vote for the criminal!  I can't remember if I went with Harris or Meister, though.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2016, 04:49:23 PM »

I definitely didn't vote for the criminal!  I can't remember if I went with Harris or Meister, though.

Yeah I meant to ask Harris or Meister
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies