Corey Lewandowski inappropriate behavior megathread UPDATE: he's been arrested
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:17:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Corey Lewandowski inappropriate behavior megathread UPDATE: he's been arrested
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Corey Lewandowski inappropriate behavior megathread UPDATE: he's been arrested  (Read 11809 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 11, 2016, 12:08:29 AM »
« edited: March 29, 2016, 10:40:40 AM by Mr. Morden »

From WaPo reporter Ben Terris:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/inside-trumps-inner-circle-his-staffers-are-willing-to-fight-for-him-literally/2016/03/10/4b2b18e8-e660-11e5-a6f3-21ccdbc5f74e_story.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Politico has a transcript of the audio between Fields and Terris:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2016/03/transcript-corey-lewandowski-breitbart-reporter-attack-220589

Both Lewandowski and Trump campaign spokewoman Hope Hicks proceeded to deny the incident took place, and accuse Fields of having “a larger pattern of exaggerating incidents”:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/03/10/trump-camp-bashes-accusatory-reporter.html

https://twitter.com/CLewandowski_/status/708013500564684800

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Here is a pic from C-SPAN of Fields’s “attention seeking” at the Occupy protest:

Fargobison

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 12:11:42 AM »

Donald said after the debate that the reporter made this up. This could get interesting.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 12:14:57 AM »

Why did Fields not ask a question of Trump at his forty-minute press conference?

Why was she waiting in an area that Secret Service was already clearing?

Why did Fields who did not see who tugged her arm ask Lewandowski if he was in the fact the person who tugged her arm?

Why did she not speak to a superior about the alleged incident instead of a speaking to a hostile news outlet and a romantic interest right away?

Why was her boyfriend (and Marco Rubio supporter from Florida) Jamie Weinstein the first person to tweet about the alleged incident? Was Jamie present?

Why does no video of this alleged incident exist? A room full of reporters and police and secret service and no one takes a video or even a picture?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 12:23:09 AM »

Why did Fields not ask a question of Drumpf at his forty-minute press conference?

Why was she waiting in an area that Secret Service was already clearing?

Why did Fields who did not see who tugged her arm ask Lewandowski if he was in the fact the person who tugged her arm?

Why did she not speak to a superior about the alleged incident instead of a speaking to a hostile news outlet and a romantic interest right away?

Why was her boyfriend (and Marco Rubio supporter from Florida) Jamie Weinstein the first person to tweet about the alleged incident? Was Jamie present?

Why does no video of this alleged incident exist? A room full of reporters and police and secret service and no one takes a video or even a picture?

Why was she wearing a skirt and heels?

Why was she out so late all alone?

Why was she in the neighborhood she was in?

Why didn't she take a taxi home instead of walking?

Why did she consume alcohol that night if she wasn't looking for trouble?

Why didn't she scream louder during the attack?

Why didn't she close her legs?

She was asking for it.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 12:26:30 AM »

Why did this become news?

Someone at Trump's conferences catches a cold and it's national news.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 12:43:37 AM »

Someone at Drumpf's conferences catches a cold and it's national news.

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/assault-and-battery-overview.html

"Under this general definition, a battery offense requires all of the following:

intentional touching;
the touching must be harmful or offensive;
no consent from the victim."

A high level Trump campaign official allegedly committed a violent crime which is consistent with the horrible pattern of violence at these events. But yes we know ... muh TRUMP am grate an winz ... sHe iz a skank on her period.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 12:48:47 AM »

Seriously - There is no excuse for this and Lewandowski needs to step down.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 12:51:56 AM »
« Edited: March 11, 2016, 01:57:18 PM by Cory »

From WaPo reporter Ben Terris:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/inside-trumps-inner-circle-his-staffers-are-willing-to-fight-for-him-literally/2016/03/10/4b2b18e8-e660-11e5-a6f3-21ccdbc5f74e_story.html

As security parted the masses to give him passage out of the chandelier-lit ballroom, Michelle Fields, a young reporter for Trump-friendly Breitbart News, pressed forward to ask the Republican front-runner a question. I watched as a man with short-cropped hair and a suit grabbed her arm and yanked her out of the way. He was Corey Lewandowski, Trump’s 41-year-old campaign manager.

Fields stumbled. Finger-shaped bruises formed on her arm.

“I’m just a little spooked,” she said, a tear streaming down her face. “No one has grabbed me like that before.”

Pathetic.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2016, 12:52:22 AM »

As someone who doesn't regularly watch american television (so I have no idea if a video surfaced or whatnot), is there actually any concrete proff that this actually happened?. I'm seriously asking.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2016, 12:54:21 AM »

I may be buying into a certain standard of thinking, but I'm pretty much assumping Lewandoski did it, and what makes it worse is him going after her afterwards.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2016, 12:59:36 AM »

As someone who doesn't regularly watch american television (so I have no idea if a video surfaced or whatnot), is there actually any concrete proff that this actually happened?. I'm seriously asking.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corey_Lewandowski#Trump_presidential_campaign

A couple of statements, including from the purported victim and a non-affiliated witness, a timeline that checks out, as well as a definite bruise on her arm.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2016, 01:12:37 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corey_Lewandowski#Trump_presidential_campaign

A couple of statements, including from the purported victim and a non-affiliated witness, a timeline that checks out, as well as a definite bruise on her arm.

Also Politico has the audio of Fields and Terris talking about it just after it happened:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2016/03/transcript-corey-lewandowski-breitbart-reporter-attack-220589

Maybe the Trump campaign's position is that that conversation was staged?
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2016, 01:24:02 AM »

Seriously - There is no excuse for this and Lewandowski needs to step down.

Yeah, this.  There are lines that I won't cross, and if the Trump campaign continues to stand by Lewandowski then I will have to stop supporting them (unless this proves to be false, which looks doubtful imo).
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2016, 01:34:41 AM »
« Edited: March 11, 2016, 01:36:27 AM by Sprouts Farmers Market »

I am confused as to how this is a story, especially one that Trump people are upset about.

Note: I'm not taking a side, I'm trying to learn. There always seems to be an odd reaction to physical confrontation on here - of course, the inclusion of a woman may make that a lower bar depending on the circumstance, but I'm confused as to the cause perhaps.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2016, 01:41:07 AM »
« Edited: March 11, 2016, 01:50:39 AM by Meclazine »

Someone at Drumpf's conferences catches a cold and it's national news.

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/assault-and-battery-overview.html

"Under this general definition, a battery offense requires all of the following:

intentional touching;
the touching must be harmful or offensive;
no consent from the victim."

A high level Trump campaign official allegedly committed a violent crime which is consistent with the horrible pattern of violence at these events. But yes we know ... muh TRUMP am grate an winz ... sHe iz a skank on her period.

Lol, i dont remember writing Drumpf.

I get it. I am more asking about checking the evidence before broadcasting it as fact. Proper journalistic process.

The title makes it sounds like there is proof.

Maybe this reporter was looking at making a story. Given it was a Trump event, there would be plenty of footage.

Cannot wait to see the tape.

For example, has this reporter ever made a scene at other events, pretended to fall over in front of authorities whilst being photographed?

I have zero faith in US independent reporters with their own self-interest coming before the facts.

The problem Trump has now is that every reporter and their dog are now going to show up and start a fight.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2016, 01:58:16 AM »

Lol, i dont remember writing Drumpf.

Lol. My bad. I downloaded the John Oliver filter that automatically changes all references to Trump to Drumpf. I do my best to write out Trump when I type but at this point my brain is so used to auto-correcting that I didn't notice it had changed other people's quoted text.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2016, 02:03:43 AM »

Trump might be defending Lewandowski because he has no one lined up to replace him as campaign manager, or at least doesn't know anyone who would do as good of a job as Corey.  I think it should be pretty clear to anyone, including Trump, that the reporter was not lying.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2016, 02:13:46 AM »

I am confused as to how this is a story, especially one that Trump people are upset about.

Note: I'm not taking a side, I'm trying to learn. There always seems to be an odd reaction to physical confrontation on here - of course, the inclusion of a woman may make that a lower bar depending on the circumstance, but I'm confused as to the cause perhaps.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I'm of the opinion that assaulting a woman, unless your life is literally in danger, is always wrong.  I've excused previous assaults by Trump people as being unrelated to the actual campaign (he can't be expected to have control over the actions of his millions of supporters) but it's different when the actual campaign manager is doing it.  Leaves a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

And honestly I've been souring on Trump a bit lately in general.  I knew that he would start turning more into a generic Republican as the general election approached, but the speed at which he's mainstreamed has been disappointing.  And the actions and words of some of his supporters here and elsewhere are, well, not exactly things I want to be associated with.  I still think he's the best Republican candidate, but I find it harder and harder to cheer him on enthusiastically.  Things like this don't help.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2016, 02:28:18 AM »

I knew that he would start turning more into a generic Republican as the general election approached, but the speed at which he's mainstreamed has been disappointing.

I'm not one to defend Trump, but saying that "Islam hates us," constantly attacking free trade, and praising Putin for being a strong leader don't seem like standard practices for any generic Republican running for office.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2016, 03:13:11 AM »

I'm not sure I understand your question. Physical violence is bad. And illegal. And especially despicable in the context of an election.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2016, 04:53:41 AM »

The Trump Truth is out:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-breitbart-reporter-michelle-fields-made-alleged-lewandowski-assault-n536451
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2016, 10:22:14 AM »

Ironically, Lewandowski's a former cop and 1 of 2 exiled regulars on the Trump Train. But not surprised.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2016, 11:01:08 AM »

This thread is very useful to find out who among the Drumpf supporters still have a shed of conscience left and who don't.

Anyway, I hope this thug gets prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2016, 11:09:24 AM »

She has filed assault charges.
yankeesfan
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2016, 11:18:46 AM »

This is gonna be good.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »