Corey Lewandowski inappropriate behavior megathread UPDATE: he's been arrested
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:14:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Corey Lewandowski inappropriate behavior megathread UPDATE: he's been arrested
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: Corey Lewandowski inappropriate behavior megathread UPDATE: he's been arrested  (Read 11802 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: March 29, 2016, 03:52:17 PM »

I had a hunch that the authorities would eventually charge him with something.
Not surprised at all.
Fargobison

« Reply #126 on: March 29, 2016, 04:05:37 PM »

"Nothing is presidential except victory. Victory is presidential." --Trump
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #127 on: March 29, 2016, 04:25:34 PM »

Unfortunately, when you are the owner and president of your own company (even one as large as the Trump empire), you begin to think that you can do anything, surround yourself with yes-men, let your emotions rule your head, and gradually lose touch with reality.  Trump is a poster child of this.

If Trump was someone who had to operate in a check and balance political or corporate system (say as a CEO of a public corporation), he would recognize that this was the time to cut his losses (irrespective of what really happen), have Lewandowski issue an apology and move on.  But because in the past 20 years he made all key decisions himself, and has not had to apologize to anyone, he is just not getting it.  And while his (ever shrinking) base is eating it up, he is probably ensuring that he couldn't beat anyone in the General Election.

Is there actually any evidence of this?

And btw, compared to all the borderline insane stuff Trump himself has said and done during the past year, I really do not think this is that big a deal (though the his campaign has handled it as hilariously as you'd expect). Certainly can't see many of his fans rethinking their support over it. 

What the Trump "phenomenon" has unfortunately done is that it is causing everyone to question their own judgement, because Trump has so far "defied expectations".  I don't have that problem - I never underestimated Trump in the primaries, but I will also not overestimate him in the General!

You ask for evidence - here are the latest polls and discussion thread titles, with dates (you can see all of them in the 2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls section - https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?board=92.0):

03-24   Clinton crushes Trump in Michigan
03-23   Clinton ahead in California
03-22   Clinton leads Trump by 10 in Michigan
03-22   Clinton leads Trump by 9 in WI
03-20   Clinton leads Trump in PA
03-20   Clinton and Trump in a close race in NC
03-16   Clinton Leads Trump Significantly in New York
03-15   Clinton and Trump in a close race in UT
03-11   Clinton and Trump in a close race in AZ

As you can see, Trump is a dead man walking for the General Election (and the Democratic spin machine hasn't even begun its work on him yet)!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #128 on: March 29, 2016, 04:30:34 PM »

And while his (ever shrinking) base is eating it up, he is probably ensuring that he couldn't beat anyone in the General Election.

Is there actually any evidence of this?

And btw, compared to all the borderline insane stuff Trump himself has said and done during the past year, I really do not think this is that big a deal (though the his campaign has handled it as hilariously as you'd expect). Certainly can't see many of his fans rethinking their support over it.  

Well, there is this: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/trumps-popularity-nosedives-in-critical-stretch-221320 as well as all the polls showing his performances in GE matchups v Sanders/Clinton collapsing from a peak a month ago or so where he was polling much closer. It's pretty clear now I think that his support is dropping - Which may or may not be temporary. Only time will tell.

As for Trump's gaffe armor - It's  unreasonable to think that he wouldn't eventually go too far, or that all his numerous offenses wouldn't pile up and eventually turn some people off to his candidacy.

Even someone like Trump should never take his base of unwavering support for granted. Even he can push ardent supporters away. At this point, he's better off significantly moderating his behavior and actually learning some policy, but as PeteB said, he just doesn't get it. He thinks he is untouchable and that is a very poor mistake.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #129 on: March 29, 2016, 04:41:48 PM »

Boo hoo. Still not a big deal.
Some people just weren't beat enough as a kid.

Democrat
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2016, 05:09:58 PM »

Some people just weren't beat enough as a kid.

Yeah, otherwise they would turn out just fine

Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2016, 06:06:41 PM »

Shocking photographic evidence that Lyin' Michelle Fields BATTERED Donald Trump on the very same day that she claimed falsely to have been assaulted! Sad!

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2016, 07:52:48 PM »

Trump's latest round of apologism on this is pretty gross:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/donald-trump-michelle-fields-assault_us_56fae7dee4b083f5c605dfd1

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #133 on: March 29, 2016, 08:08:01 PM »

I'm severely disappointed by the unusually biased comments by the moderators in this thread. If there is any issue I will defend Trump to the death on, it would be this matter because it is utterly silly.

Trump's comments in the town hall are incredible. He should've been a lawyer.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2016, 08:16:25 PM »

I'm severely disappointed by the unusually biased comments by the moderators in this thread.

Are moderators not allowed to have opinions? I thought they just had to check each flagged post against the objective rules in a consistent and non-politically discriminatory manner. I mean, the statutory definition of battery in Florida is "no bad touch" and there is a frickin video showing Lewandowsky bad touching the lady. There is not much bias in calling a fact a fact and commenting that lying is bad.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #135 on: March 29, 2016, 10:33:28 PM »

Anyone watch Trump whip a printout of her tweets out of his pocket and make Anderson read it during the town hall tonight?  The man came prepared.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #136 on: March 29, 2016, 10:34:03 PM »

At least you didn't see Saddam literally in tears going on about someone grabbing him strongly being "the worst experience" in his life.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #137 on: March 29, 2016, 10:44:32 PM »

Some posters are really showing their true colors in this thread.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #138 on: March 29, 2016, 11:30:57 PM »

I hope you mean the trolls who are just trying to agitate the rest of us. My liberal roommate cracked up when this was played on the news, which confirms my suspicion that I'm being played by the newbies.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #139 on: March 30, 2016, 01:05:17 AM »

I hope you mean the trolls who are just trying to agitate the rest of us. My liberal roommate cracked up when this was played on the news, which confirms my suspicion that I'm being played by the newbies.

Is this guy your "liberal" roommate?

ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #140 on: March 30, 2016, 02:02:23 AM »

Glad he's been arrested. Once again Trump is blaming...the victim.
Slow Learner
Battenberg
United Kingdom

« Reply #141 on: March 30, 2016, 03:52:19 AM »

I'm severely disappointed by the unusually biased comments by the moderators in this thread.

Are moderators not allowed to have opinions? I thought they just had to check each flagged post against the objective rules in a consistent and non-politically discriminatory manner. I mean, the statutory definition of battery in Florida is "no bad touch" and there is a frickin video showing Lewandowsky bad touching the lady. There is not much bias in calling a fact a fact and commenting that lying is bad.

Fields also lied when she claimed that Lewandowski floored her.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #142 on: March 30, 2016, 03:59:48 AM »

I thought she said that she "almost" fell to the floor, not that she actually fell to the floor?
Slow Learner
Battenberg
United Kingdom

« Reply #143 on: March 30, 2016, 04:02:15 AM »

I thought she said that she "almost" fell to the floor, not that she actually fell to the floor?

Well, she said she was 'yanked down' which doesn't make sense if you look at the video.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #144 on: March 30, 2016, 04:08:09 AM »

Donald needs to press charges against her asap. This goes beyond political feelings. I would feel this way for any candidate.

you know why he isn't? because he (unlike some of his dipshıt followers) knows he has nothing.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #145 on: March 30, 2016, 04:08:52 AM »
« Edited: March 30, 2016, 04:18:17 AM by Seriously? »

Glad he's been arrested. Once again Trump is blaming...the victim.
The victim? That's ripe.

This "victim" is the most eggshell of eggshell "victims." It's common sense, she was blocking Trump's path there with an object in her hand. The Secret Service and a former LEO like Lewandowski are not going to take that lightly.

No one did anything overly violent to her in that video. She was not ripped down to the floor or tackled, just brushed aside so that the candidate could safely leave the venue.

For those of you that have never been in the middle of a press scrum, I can tell you that jostling like that happens. With experience, you learn how to pick your spots so as to not get brushed aside or wedged in by another reporter.

You also know to clear a path for your interview subject as they enter and exit the interview area. Otherwise some sort of technical battery is going to occur every single time.

If someone claimed assault or battery every single time in a press scrum, you wouldn't have a working press.

This really is the most ridiculous of ridiculous "scandals."
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2016, 04:10:03 AM »

This is a load of crap.  Good to see Trump stand by Corey in this one.

Shes trying to get 15min of fame and smear/negative press for Trump.   Thats soo iffin petty to file a charge over.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2016, 04:13:07 AM »

This is a load of crap.  Good to see Trump stand by Corey in this one.

Shes trying to get 15min of fame and smear/negative press for Trump.   Thats soo iffin petty to file a charge over.

He's arrested for a pretty valid reason. The law is the law no matter who you are.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2016, 04:28:29 AM »

At least you didn't see Saddam literally in tears going on about someone grabbing him strongly being "the worst experience" in his life.

Maybe Saddam gassed thousands of people but, hey, at least you didn't see Saddam literally in tears going on about someone grabbing him strongly being "the worst experience" in his life.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2016, 04:37:41 AM »

So apparently Lewandowski's lawyer lost his job as a US Attorney after he bit a stripper and botched the cover-up. And he's been accused of battery.
Where did he bite her?

Get your mind out of the gutter. Of course I meant the venue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies