Clinton Praises Nancy Reagan on AIDS, Apologizes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:39:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton Praises Nancy Reagan on AIDS, Apologizes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Clinton Praises Nancy Reagan on AIDS, Apologizes  (Read 2490 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2016, 02:23:02 AM »

The Clinton's were fighting for gay rights in the 1990's at least, they just didn't publically come around to supporting gay marriage until soon after Obama did.

That is not true - They were one of the conservative & anti-gay people. Bill & Hillary supported the homophobic DOMA which Sanders voted against & 35% of Dems voted against. When Obama was for gay marriage, more than half of the Dem party was in favor of it.

Hillary was one of the last to change!
Sasquatch

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -8.52

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2016, 02:29:33 AM »

Seriously, Hillary?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2016, 02:37:35 AM »

Bill Maher said the same thing about Nancy Reagan last week in his show. I don't remember Sanders supporters asking him to apologise.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2016, 02:43:17 AM »

Bill Maher said the same thing about Nancy Reagan last week in his show. I don't remember Sanders supporters asking him to apologise.

Link? Bill Maher is not running for President - Why do you have to make this ridiculous statements?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2016, 02:55:49 AM »

The Clinton's were fighting for gay rights in the 1990's at least, they just didn't publically come around to supporting gay marriage until soon after Obama did.

That is not true - They were one of the conservative & anti-gay people. Bill & Hillary supported the homophobic DOMA which Sanders voted against & 35% of Dems voted against. When Obama was for gay marriage, more than half of the Dem party was in favor of it.

Jesus man, context. But you seem determined to think of Hillary and those of us who support her as actually evil (or stupid or corrupt), there's no point having any kind of meaningful conversation with you.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2016, 02:59:33 AM »

Is that really the best you can do? Even if he did say that, he's not running for President and not relevant whatsoever to the 2016 race, but you know that. Also, the biggest outrage I've heard personally around Clinton's comments came from Clinton supporters themselves asking for her to apologize immediately.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2016, 03:03:03 AM »

And Bernie joined with nearly half of Democrats in voting against DADT.

https://votesmart.org/bill/votes/15579#.VbfPT0JViko
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2016, 03:05:05 AM »

Is that really the best you can do? Even if he did say that, he's not running for President and not relevant whatsoever to the 2016 race, but you know that. Also, the biggest outrage I've heard personally around Clinton's comments came from Clinton supporters themselves asking for her to apologize immediately.

He is a vocal Sanders supporter so don't give me that BS about him not running for president.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2016, 04:34:54 AM »

Jesus man, context. But you seem determined to think of Hillary and those of us who support her as actually evil (or stupid or corrupt), there's no point having any kind of meaningful conversation with you.

Haha, when you look @ the ridiculous posts this Landside guy is making - It kind of proves me right!

I actually don't care if Hillary said it - Giving her a pass, heat of the moment, she apologized & I never considered her a fighter for LGBT anyways. I give her a pass.

But look @ this ridiculous comments Landside is making to argue your case - It only makes you guys look bad!
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2016, 09:03:30 AM »

He is a vocal Sanders supporter so don't give me that BS about him not running for president.

Except he really isn't running for president, he is barely relevant at all to this race, and it's not just Sandernistas who are angered by this.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2016, 10:28:27 AM »

Except he really isn't running for president, he is barely relevant at all to this race, and it's not just Sandernistas who are angered by his.

Oh really? I'll remember that next time a Cinton surrogate says something stupid and Berniebots start frothing from the mouth about how this is definite proof of Hillary being a closet teabagger.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2016, 10:31:15 AM »

Except he really isn't running for president, he is barely relevant at all to this race, and it's not just Sandernistas who are angered by his.

Oh really? I'll remember that next time a Cinton surrogate says something stupid and Berniebots start frothing from the mouth about how this is definite proof of Hillary being a closet teabagger.

I don't remember Bill Maher ever having campaigned for Sanders. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2016, 10:45:36 AM »

I don't remember Bill Maher ever having campaigned for Sanders. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Depends on your definition of "campaigning" child.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/bill-maher-pens-blistering-essay-863493

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDRxbQlpqmo
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2016, 11:05:47 AM »

In either case, Bill Maher is a mere supporter. Clinton is a candidate. Those are the facts.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2016, 02:05:38 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/allida.black/posts/10156600690075223
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2016, 02:26:44 PM »

This will have had hardly an impact on most of the teens and 20 somethings that post here...but for many gay men over 35, this marks the end of their support for that woman.  She doesn't give a God damn about anything but her own self advancement.

I'm "only" 30, but I grew up knowing my mom's dearest friend from childhood was gay and that he was living with HIV that luckily was under control.  But he saw so so many of his friends die while the likes of Nancy Reagan were thinking "good...let the little f****ts die".

At this point I'll have to bring a barf bucket into the voting booth to vote for her because at least she acknowledges her error and won't take us back to that era or even worse like her insane opponent.

Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2016, 02:34:31 PM »

This will have had hardly an impact on most of the teens and 20 somethings that post here...but for many gay men over 35, this marks the end of their support for that woman.  She doesn't give a God damn about anything but her own self advancement.

I'm "only" 30, but I grew up knowing my mom's dearest friend from childhood was gay and that he was living with HIV that luckily was under control.  But he saw so so many of his friends die while the likes of Nancy Reagan were thinking "good...let the little f****ts die".

At this point I'll have to bring a barf bucket into the voting booth to vote for her because at least she acknowledges her error and won't take us back to that era or even worse like her insane opponent.

Wonder how much impact this will have in future states then. Florida has a substantial gay population, I wonder if the numbers will shift for Bernie at all there.
DS0816
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2016, 03:08:46 PM »

It would help if Elder Gays also pulled their support from Hillary.

They are on board for Bernie's policies; but they're dying to see a woman—any woman—elected president.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2016, 03:12:37 PM »

You say "Elder Gays" capitalized like there's some kind of secret cult of gays.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2016, 03:47:46 PM »

Hillary supporters need to start a meme that is a play on "friends of Dorothy" except with Hillary in place of Judy Garland
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2016, 04:38:57 PM »

Hillary supporters need to start a meme that is a play on "friends of Dorothy" except with Hillary in place of Judy Garland

someone please edit that colbert segment intro, pleeez!!!
GOP732
Rookie

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2016, 08:43:13 AM »

They were anti-gay marriage specifically concerning HIV & all these issues. I mean most were back then but Reagan hit them hard. I can see why she retracted!

Gay marriage wasn't even a thing in the 80s. The first poll from Gallup was taken in 1996. http://www.gallup.com/poll/117328/marriage.aspx

Also- genuinely curious here- can any record of Mondale be found talking about this issue in 1984?
SingingAnalyst
mathstatman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2016, 08:50:14 AM »

And Bernie joined with nearly half of Democrats in voting against DADT.

https://votesmart.org/bill/votes/15579#.VbfPT0JViko
Sanders voted against it, along with Nancy Pelosi and Fortney 'Pete" Stark, probably becuase he didn't think it went far enough. Most Dems voted Yea as a compromise.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2016, 08:52:13 AM »

An absurd gaffe she fully deserved to be called out for, and to her credit quickly apologized for. Can imagine why many were upset

cory, aren't you the guy who thinks people with hiv should kill themselves?

No, that was a troll statement that got taken wayyyyy to seriously.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies