Clinton Praises Nancy Reagan on AIDS, Apologizes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:06:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton Praises Nancy Reagan on AIDS, Apologizes (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton Praises Nancy Reagan on AIDS, Apologizes  (Read 2450 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 11, 2016, 06:02:27 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/03/11/hillary-clinton-apologizes-for-praising-nancy-reagans-response-to-hivaids/?tid=sm_fb

Many of my LGBT friends, who are also Clinton supporters, have called her out for this on Facebook (anecdotal I know but just something I've noticed).
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 08:10:42 PM »

People have extremely thin skin to get upset at something like this. If they are still upset even after she apologized they are just flat out pathetic.

Are you serious?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 10:03:49 PM »

Lol. How dare she say something nice about someone at their funeral! She should drop out. This is almost as bad as that time Trent Lott said something nice about someone at their 100th Birthday celebration and had to resign. Seriously, the public reads way too much into general courtesy.

You're missing the point entirely.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 12:08:15 AM »

Likewise we have Gay people coming in the forum inspired to campaign for Bernie due to this comment. Different people react differently.

Personally I don't see this as a big deal, she made an error and apologized, who cares!

It's not good enough to go on about a point for 30 seconds to earn some general election points, and then say you misspoke because you dun f'd up due to ignorance on the history of AIDS in the US. I would expect the so called champion of gay rights to be knowledgeable on such a disgusting treatment of gay Americans during the 1980s.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 02:59:33 AM »

Bill Maher said the same thing about Nancy Reagan last week in his show. I don't remember Sanders supporters asking him to apologise.

Is that really the best you can do? Even if he did say that, he's not running for President and not relevant whatsoever to the 2016 race, but you know that. Also, the biggest outrage I've heard personally around Clinton's comments came from Clinton supporters themselves asking for her to apologize immediately.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies