Clinton Praises Nancy Reagan on AIDS, Apologizes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:40:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton Praises Nancy Reagan on AIDS, Apologizes (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton Praises Nancy Reagan on AIDS, Apologizes  (Read 2457 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
« on: March 11, 2016, 10:21:13 PM »

They were anti-gay marriage specifically concerning HIV & all these issues. I mean most were back then but Reagan hit them hard. I can see why she retracted!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 11:21:40 PM »

Likewise we have Gay people coming in the forum inspired to campaign for Bernie due to this comment. Different people react differently.

Personally I don't see this as a big deal, she made an error and apologized, who cares!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 12:42:04 AM »

Likewise we have Gay people coming in the forum inspired to campaign for Bernie due to this comment. Different people react differently.

Personally I don't see this as a big deal, she made an error and apologized, who cares!

It's not good enough to go on about a point for 30 seconds to earn some general election points, and then say you misspoke because you dun f'd up due to ignorance on the history of AIDS in the US. I would expect the so called champion of gay rights to be knowledgeable on such a disgusting treatment of gay Americans during the 1980s.

Look I know Clinton was against gay marriage all her life till 2010 or 13 - while Bernie was fighting for gay rights for 30-40 years before it was cool - So this honestly doesn't surprise me. I have called her a phony for pretending to be a champion for LGBT people.

Anyways in the end, she made a mistake, I would love it LGBT people take notice & vote against her - I anyways don't like her - But I am giving her a pass considering all this election madness & that she apologized!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 02:23:02 AM »

The Clinton's were fighting for gay rights in the 1990's at least, they just didn't publically come around to supporting gay marriage until soon after Obama did.

That is not true - They were one of the conservative & anti-gay people. Bill & Hillary supported the homophobic DOMA which Sanders voted against & 35% of Dems voted against. When Obama was for gay marriage, more than half of the Dem party was in favor of it.

Hillary was one of the last to change!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 02:43:17 AM »

Bill Maher said the same thing about Nancy Reagan last week in his show. I don't remember Sanders supporters asking him to apologise.

Link? Bill Maher is not running for President - Why do you have to make this ridiculous statements?
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 04:34:54 AM »

The Clinton's were fighting for gay rights in the 1990's at least, they just didn't publically come around to supporting gay marriage until soon after Obama did.

That is not true - They were one of the conservative & anti-gay people. Bill & Hillary supported the homophobic DOMA which Sanders voted against & 35% of Dems voted against. When Obama was for gay marriage, more than half of the Dem party was in favor of it.

Hillary was one of the last to change!

Jesus man, context. But you seem determined to think of Hillary and those of us who support her as actually evil (or stupid or corrupt), there's no point having any kind of meaningful conversation with you.

Haha, when you look @ the ridiculous posts this Landside guy is making - It kind of proves me right!

I actually don't care if Hillary said it - Giving her a pass, heat of the moment, she apologized & I never considered her a fighter for LGBT anyways. I give her a pass.

But look @ this ridiculous comments Landside is making to argue your case - It only makes you guys look bad!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies