Utter chaos occuring at cancelled Trump rally in Chicago right now
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:10:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Utter chaos occuring at cancelled Trump rally in Chicago right now
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15
Poll
Question: Will this chaos help or hurt him
Help

Hurt

No effect

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 138

Author Topic: Utter chaos occuring at cancelled Trump rally in Chicago right now  (Read 30840 times)
Lemmiwinks
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -1.04

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2016, 09:08:47 PM »

Help in the primary, hurt in the general, especially if something like this happens again.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #126 on: March 11, 2016, 09:11:07 PM »

Have you seen how crazy Republican voters are? Of course it will help in the primary. Fortunately, this will hurt Trump with the general electorate.

Didn't Hurt Nixon
Nixon wasn't the defector leader of the klan

When did Trump defend the klan?     Btw change your  avatar color its  Red for Democrats on here.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2016, 09:13:36 PM »

An America where law abiding citizens stand up for themselves against criminal thugs? Sounds good to me.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2016, 09:15:27 PM »

Have you seen how crazy Republican voters are? Of course it will help in the primary. Fortunately, this will hurt Trump with the general electorate.

Didn't Hurt Nixon
Nixon wasn't the defector leader of the klan

When did Trump defend the klan?     Btw change your  avatar color its  Red for Democrats on here.
When he defended David duke and retweeted white nationalist accounts. I'm actually pretty conservative/libertarian I just don't pledge allegiance to a mentally unstable messiah
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2016, 09:19:00 PM »

Let's be honest, who cares about these 'humans'? They are opposing the great TRUMP, which will hopefully be outlawed under his amazing presidency.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2016, 09:19:07 PM »

An America where law abiding citizens stand up for themselves against criminal thugs? Sounds good to me.

Indeed. Leftists law-abiding citizens standing against pro-Trump criminal thugs. Don't reverse the facts.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #131 on: March 11, 2016, 09:19:28 PM »
« Edited: March 11, 2016, 09:23:44 PM by Meclazine »

Pretty much his. Tonight is the end of his campaign.

I dont know which threads/posts I like more:

(a) "It's the end of Trumps campaign" because of an incident where has was all over the news with drama packed headlines, so my anxiety about Hillary not becoming President is relieved temporarily; or

(b) "Why is Trump popular" followed by personal statements of hatred against him unrelated to real worl issues so my anxiety about Hillary not becoming President is relieved temporarily.

Dont worry people. Hillary is still in the box seat for President.
Fargobison

« Reply #132 on: March 11, 2016, 09:21:40 PM »

Honestly I have no idea. This is uncharted waters.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #133 on: March 11, 2016, 09:23:02 PM »

Pretty much his. Tonight is the end of his campaign.

I dont know which threads i like more.

(a) "It's the end of Trumps campaign" because of an incident where has was all over the news with drama packed headlines, so my anxiety about Hillary not becoming President is relieved temporarily.

(b) "Why is Trump popular" followed by personal statements of hatred against him unrelated to real worl issues so my anxiety about Hillary not becoming President is relieved temporarily.

Dont worry people. Hillary is still in the box seat for President.

I'd rather have President Clinton than a President Trump
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #134 on: March 11, 2016, 09:23:47 PM »

Remember this image. You'll be seeing a lot of it.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #135 on: March 11, 2016, 09:23:56 PM »

1.) They weren't "riots". Not even close. There have been no reported arrests or major violence other than tense standoffs, a few scattered brawls, and mobbings. Some protestors getting in and disrupting the actual rally was stupid, but this is not anywhere near a "riot".

2.) Like I said in another thread, the location of this rally was intentionally selected to provoke a massive response, and he got it. UIC is a massive state school, minority-majority, in an 80% Hispanic neighborhood, in the capital city of American Liberalism.

What do you think would have happend?

The friggin' point was to get a reaction so he could play the victim card and preach law & order merely four days before a major Republican primary.

The Republican electorate is absolutely convinced that they are the victims, that police are victims, that BLM is just a way to be "anti-police", that they world is run by liberals trying to silence them; this plays perfectly into his narrative.

Expect a big win for Trump in Illinois on Tuesday.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #136 on: March 11, 2016, 09:24:27 PM »

To people saying that this riot will hurt him in November:

We are in mid-March. Nobody will remember this incident in November.

Regarding the primaries, this storyline will help. He looks sympathetic, somewhat.
Do you really think that this is going to be the last incident?  Do you seriously believe that?
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #137 on: March 11, 2016, 09:28:24 PM »

FOX had Ben Carson on with Megyn Kelly for comments about the protests. He called out leaders on both sides to calm down the anger. I found it interesting that he concluded by saying if there wasn't calming from the leaders it would be "a long hot summer". I presume that he was referring to the 1967 riots which used the same phrase. I hope that is not where this would go.
Admiral Kizaru
Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -3.83

« Reply #138 on: March 11, 2016, 09:29:07 PM »

One repercussion of this is that the liver coverage of the protests/cancelled rally has per-empted MSNBC's Town Hall with John Kasich, which was recorded earlier.

This will dominate the news cycle tomorrow, through the Sunday shows and probably up till voting on Tuesday. Can only see that ultimately benefiting Trump.

On any normal day the Clinton walkback on her Aids/HIV comment and Rubio publicly urging his supporters to vote for Kasich in Ohio would be major stories but they've basically turned into non-events in this crazy Trump driven media age we're currently in.

As for tonight's events, I'm kind of on the fence about it. Trump really doesn't help himself with his rhetoric but actively trying to disrupt people from speaking or holding campaign events is not on. By all means peacefully protest outside but don't shut down speech you disagree with.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #139 on: March 11, 2016, 09:31:17 PM »

FOX had Ben Carson on with Megyn Kelly for comments about the protests. He called out leaders on both sides to calm down the anger. I found it interesting that he concluded by saying if there wasn't calming from the leaders it would be "a long hot summer". I presume that he was referring to the 1967 riots which used the same phrase. I hope that is not where this would go.

This is exactly where this is going. There will be riots during the entire campaign.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #140 on: March 11, 2016, 09:36:36 PM »

By all means peacefully protest outside but don't shut down speech you disagree with.

Please. last week Trump was saying it should be easier to sue journalists for saying things about him.

Let him and his reactionary fans have a taste of their own medicine.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #141 on: March 11, 2016, 09:41:09 PM »

Remember this image. You'll be seeing a lot of it.

Most of America doesn't live in the world of Breitbart and The Blaze, so no, we won't.

Furthermore, we have no way of telling who caused that. Given the fact that it's conservative people who love to cling to their guns, beat up protesters and generally act/speak/behave more aggressively, it's far more likely that a middle-aged, needle-d[inks]ked white dude with a FUPA did that.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #142 on: March 11, 2016, 09:46:49 PM »

This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #143 on: March 11, 2016, 09:46:49 PM »

Absolutely not. These 'people' seem to believe that they can maim and kill anyone they want as long as they're associated with TRUMP. I vote we have them all deported.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #144 on: March 11, 2016, 09:47:44 PM »

Btw change your  avatar color its  Red for Democrats on here.

You sure? I see plenty of Trump Supporters with Blue on here.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #145 on: March 11, 2016, 09:48:39 PM »
« Edited: March 11, 2016, 09:53:15 PM by Edu »

By all means peacefully protest outside but don't shut down speech you disagree with.

Please. last week Trump was saying it should be easier to sue journalists for saying things about him.

Let him and his reactionary fans have a taste of their own medicine.

It isn't exactly his own medicine since he only has talked about that thing you mentioned, these protestors actually took action.

Of course maybe I'm biased against these people considering where I live.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #146 on: March 11, 2016, 09:52:20 PM »
« Edited: March 11, 2016, 09:58:49 PM by Meclazine »

Regarding the primaries, this storyline will help. He looks sympathetic, somewhat.
Do you really think that this is going to be the last incident?  Do you seriously believe that?

There will be violence at the upcoming Trump rallies. Someone will actively try and hurt Donald by throwing a shoe at him.

There will be a lot more security in the crowd.

There will be a lot more people in the crowd secretly protesting who erupt will erupt in violence for media attention.

Every Trump-loving vigilante and their dog will come running like cage fighters to defend the crowd.

Violence begets violence.

Nobody headbutts "The Big Donald"

ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #147 on: March 11, 2016, 09:53:07 PM »

Honestly I have no idea. This is uncharted waters.
Panda Express

« Reply #148 on: March 11, 2016, 09:54:15 PM »

I am disgusted by Chicago right now.

I cannot believe they only put mustard on their hot dogs, no ketchup.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #149 on: March 11, 2016, 09:57:10 PM »

Do you really think that this is going to be the last incident?  Do you seriously believe that?

There will be violence at the upcoming Trump rallies. Someone will actively try and hurt Donald.

There will be a lot more security in the crowd.

There will be a lot more people in the crowd secretly protesting who erupt will erupt in violence for media attention.

Every Trump-loving vigilante and their dog will come running like cage fighters to defend the crowd.

Violence begets violence.

Nobody headbutts "The Big Donald"

Yes, there will be riots between now and the campaign end. I would expect an average of a few a day by late October.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies