Utter chaos occuring at cancelled Trump rally in Chicago right now
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 12:36:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Utter chaos occuring at cancelled Trump rally in Chicago right now
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15
Poll
Question: Will this chaos help or hurt him
Help

Hurt

No effect

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 138

Author Topic: Utter chaos occuring at cancelled Trump rally in Chicago right now  (Read 30892 times)
rob in cal
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: March 12, 2016, 10:17:42 AM »

Don't know if its been mentioned on the thread, but I'm guessing that the visual of the Mexican flag being waived among the protestors was not helpful to their cause.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #326 on: March 12, 2016, 10:17:55 AM »

Bernie supporters, how would you feel if thousands of Trump supporters showed up at a Bernie rally and were screaming and behaving like hooligans and threatening you and holding threatening signs and some were even getting violent?  How do you think the media would react and what would people be demanding from Trump?

Bernie was not responsible for this. His words didn't cause this friction. Trump's did. I condemn physical violence, unlike Trump when it comes to his protestors. Are you already forgetting about John Mcgraw? I was at Bernie's rally tonight. It was loving. It was peaceful. It was unifying. No hatred from Bernie at all tonight.

They have the right to protest the rally. Those Black Lives Matter women crashed his last Summer and while I don't like they did, protesting was something that they were entitled to do.
You do realize that I was with the Lt. Governor of Florida last night and we were literally encircled by angry Bernie supporters on a bus? You do realize that Bernie supporters are extremely hostile on the internet and in person, no? Quit blaming the victims-blame the bums.

Do you speak out so passionately against protestors victimized at Trump rallies? If something happened to you by supporters of my candidate, I am sorry, but there's a reason this happened last night and it's all been built up for months.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #327 on: March 12, 2016, 10:18:51 AM »

Bernie supporters, how would you feel if thousands of Trump supporters showed up at a Bernie rally and were screaming and behaving like hooligans and threatening you and holding threatening signs and some were even getting violent?  How do you think the media would react and what would people be demanding from Trump?

Bernie was not responsible for this. His words didn't cause this friction. Trump's did. I condemn physical violence, unlike Trump when it comes to his protestors. Are you already forgetting about John Mcgraw? I was at Bernie's rally tonight. It was loving. It was peaceful. It was unifying. No hatred from Bernie at all tonight.

They have the right to protest the rally. Those Black Lives Matter women crashed his last Summer and while I don't like they did, protesting was something that they were entitled to do.

So Trump is responsible for violence by his people, but Bernie isn't responsible for violence by his people?  Even though Trump people violence is skirmishes with obnoxious lone wolf protesters who sneak into events, while Bernie people violence is thousands of people shutting down an area of Chicago, screaming, threatening, and starting dozens of fights?

Don't be so naïve.  We all know these protests didn't happen spontaneously, they were organized by leftist groups (saw some evidence of this earlier via tweets, can't find the link again) and we all know the Sanders campaign coordinates with these leftist groups to stir people up and aid his campaign.  There's a reason we didn't hear about a bunch of Hillary supporters at the rally.

Oh I know the protests were organized. I signed the petition to stop Trump from speaking last night, but I don't think Sanders knew about it. If Sanders wasn't at the rally I went to, I'd have protested myself. I can assure you I would've refrained from resorting to any physical violence, but I've had enough with that bully's antics.
You guys are the bullies. 200 of you guys at UM attacked the Lt. Governor and his bus during the GOP debate. I know because I was on it.

By the way, Sanders is now a target. Don't expect to be any safer at his rally than the Trump supporters were in Chicago. You want a war? They'll give you one.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #328 on: March 12, 2016, 10:20:20 AM »

Don't know if its been mentioned on the thread, but I'm guessing that the visual of the Mexican flag being waived among the protestors was not helpful to their cause.

Nothing wrong with a Mexican flag. The Soviet apologists waving their flag around was deeply disturbing however.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #329 on: March 12, 2016, 10:21:03 AM »

You do realize that I was with the Lt. Governor of Florida last night and we were literally encircled by angry Bernie supporters on a bus? You do realize that Bernie supporters are extremely hostile on the internet and in person, no? Quit blaming the victims-blame the bums.

Do you speak out so passionately against protestors victimized at Trump rallies? If something happened to you by supporters of my candidate, I am sorry, but there's a reason this happened last night and it's all been built up for months.
If I walked into a Bernie rally, I'd be assaulted. Yes, I would. Just putting it out there that most Sanders supporters are wealthy white kids who get into fights at the Frat house all the time.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #330 on: March 12, 2016, 10:21:43 AM »

Trump has been trying to bring more violence to politics for months, now he's finally succeeded. Doubtless he will continue to escalate until he's stopped.
How?
"The audience hit back. That's what we need a little bit more of."

“They used to treat them very, very rough, and when they protested once, they would not do it again so easily,” he said, before lamenting "we've become weak."

"Try not to hurt him. If you do, I'll defend you in court, don't worry about it."

"Knock the crap out of them."

"Maybe he should have been roughed up because it was absolutely disgusting what he was doing."

"I don’t know if I’ll do the fighting myself or if other people will."

All from here: http://mashable.com/2016/03/12/trump-rally-incite-violence/

There are doubtless more elsewhere, but I think that's enough.

DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #331 on: March 12, 2016, 10:26:26 AM »

Trump has been trying to bring more violence to politics for months, now he's finally succeeded. Doubtless he will continue to escalate until he's stopped.
How?
"The audience hit back. That's what we need a little bit more of."

“They used to treat them very, very rough, and when they protested once, they would not do it again so easily,” he said, before lamenting "we've become weak."

"Try not to hurt him. If you do, I'll defend you in court, don't worry about it."

"Knock the crap out of them."

"Maybe he should have been roughed up because it was absolutely disgusting what he was doing."

"I don’t know if I’ll do the fighting myself or if other people will."

All from here: http://mashable.com/2016/03/12/trump-rally-incite-violence/

There are doubtless more elsewhere, but I think that's enough.
Fair enough.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #332 on: March 12, 2016, 10:27:00 AM »

Honestly, I'm disappointed they didn't burn Chicago down. It'd have helped our cause immensely and exposed them for what they are. Oh well.

I am sure, whenever your own house burns we all will have a nice party around the ruins.
You mean when the Haitians up the street from me go apesh*t and destroy Boynton? Ok. Their lives would get a lot worse than it is if they came into my neighborhood. We'd just rebuild and become symbols of this post-America America we live in.

There will not be an America to rebuild, as long as you are a part of it.
I love how a Ukrainian expat living in Mexico (or vice versa or whatever) is quite literally blaming an American for the fact that America is no longer America anymore.

You are burning America - the country I have always admired and where I spent the best decade of my life. You are setting fire to your own home: the fire that will consume all of us. Your hatred of everything that has made America great is going to devour us all.

BTW, never spent more than a month in a row in Ukraine. Last time was over 25 years back, on a weeklong trip. Ukraine is a great country that is fighting for the rest of the world right now, but, sadly, I have little to do with it.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #333 on: March 12, 2016, 10:27:51 AM »

How?
http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/23/politics/donald-trump-nevada-rally-punch/
You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-rally-videos-show-protester-punched/story?id=37551524

http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/10/media/donald-trump-rallies-violence/index.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/inside-trumps-inner-circle-his-staffers-are-willing-to-fight-for-him-literally/2016/03/10/4b2b18e8-e660-11e5-a6f3-21ccdbc5f74e_story.html
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #334 on: March 12, 2016, 10:29:13 AM »

Yes, fair point.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #335 on: March 12, 2016, 10:30:39 AM »

Not going to lie, I was considering going to a Trump rally just for the hell of it before this. Now I'm not. Although Rhode Island and Connecticut aren't known for protests, I'm not taking any chances.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #336 on: March 12, 2016, 10:31:05 AM »

So Trump is responsible for violence by his people, but Bernie isn't responsible for violence by his people?  Even though Trump people violence is skirmishes with obnoxious lone wolf protesters who sneak into events, while Bernie people violence is thousands of people shutting down an area of Chicago, screaming, threatening, and starting dozens of fights?

Don't be so naïve.  We all know these protests didn't happen spontaneously, they were organized by leftist groups (saw some evidence of this earlier via tweets, can't find the link again) and we all know the Sanders campaign coordinates with these leftist groups to stir people up and aid his campaign.  There's a reason we didn't hear about a bunch of Hillary supporters at the rally.

Oh I know the protests were organized. I signed the petition to stop Trump from speaking last night, but I don't think Sanders knew about it. If Sanders wasn't at the rally I went to, I'd have protested myself. I can assure you I would've refrained from resorting to any physical violence, but I've had enough with that bully's antics.
You guys are the bullies. 200 of you guys at UM attacked the Lt. Governor and his bus during the GOP debate. I know because I was on it.

By the way, Sanders is now a target. Don't expect to be any safer at his rally than the Trump supporters were in Chicago. You want a war? They'll give you one.

*I* was at the Sanders rally last night. Not downtown.

Don't act like Trump is infallible and is so perfect. His words have fired people up on both sides.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #337 on: March 12, 2016, 10:33:46 AM »

If I walked into a Bernie rally, I'd be assaulted. Yes, I would. Just putting it out there that most Sanders supporters are wealthy white kids who get into fights at the Frat house all the time.

I cannot say what they would or wouldn't do. I've been to two rallies he spoke out. Neither had any disruptions. If violence happened at a Bernie rally, of course I'd be appalled. The difference is we're talking about a hypothetical against something that really transpired.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #338 on: March 12, 2016, 11:00:29 AM »

Stay classy, my friends.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #339 on: March 12, 2016, 11:37:34 AM »

If Trump is nominated, Cleveland 16 will be the Republican Chicago 68.

I was thinking the same thing.

It will be quite the thing if the RNC is physically intimidated into nominating Donald Trump by the presence of an armed and angry mob outside.

Sadly, whatever the Republican Party has become has shown that it's willing enough to nominate and support Trump even in the absence of duress or coercion.

That is true, sad as it is.

I know we've been joking about a Trump paramilitary force... but is this actually the point where we start seeing once come into being in response? Things are really getting too scary. It's how things got so bloody in Thailand-- protest movements hired armed "protection" and next thing you know dozens were dead. And this is assuming the New Black Panthers don't show up... I can imagine it now: Trump Open Carry League.

Fwiw I wasn't joking. I sincerely think we will Trump's movement as a catalyst for armed far rightists. I hope I don't sound like I'm doompauling.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #340 on: March 12, 2016, 11:40:44 AM »

The more I get to know about US politics, the less I understand it.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #341 on: March 12, 2016, 11:45:30 AM »

Love trumps hate.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #342 on: March 12, 2016, 12:06:15 PM »

Glad to have your support on Team Hillary now!
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #343 on: March 12, 2016, 12:10:23 PM »

Bernie = Love

Trump = Hate
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #344 on: March 12, 2016, 02:13:04 PM »

Bernie/Trump= Hate

Hillary= Love

*trollface*
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #345 on: March 12, 2016, 02:15:37 PM »

BLM is a terrorist organization.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #346 on: March 12, 2016, 02:49:31 PM »

Btw that supposed Sanders plant doing the Nazi salute was in fact a real Trump supporter.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #347 on: March 12, 2016, 02:57:06 PM »

American politics are becoming more and more like a 3rd world country.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #348 on: March 12, 2016, 03:03:44 PM »

Pretty much. I guess that's what happens when you have a leading candidate for president suggest that everyone of a certain religion get registered and banned from entering the country. I suppose they should also wear some kind of symbol on their chest for easy identification. Makes sense.

Roll Eyes

And people have the audacity to side against the protesters.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #349 on: March 12, 2016, 03:06:22 PM »

Pretty much. I guess that's what happens when you have a leading candidate for president suggest that everyone of a certain religion get registered and banned from entering the country. I suppose they should also wear some kind of symbol on their chest for easy identification. Makes sense.

Roll Eyes

And people have the audacity to side against the protesters.

Yeah, people have the audacity to side with police officers who are being beaten by anarchist Black Lives Matter terrorists. Sad!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies