Utter chaos occuring at cancelled Trump rally in Chicago right now
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:30:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Utter chaos occuring at cancelled Trump rally in Chicago right now
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15
Poll
Question: Will this chaos help or hurt him
Help

Hurt

No effect

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 138

Author Topic: Utter chaos occuring at cancelled Trump rally in Chicago right now  (Read 30295 times)
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: March 11, 2016, 09:58:19 PM »

I almost went and I wish I did. Proud of my city for standing up to fascist trump.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #151 on: March 11, 2016, 10:01:14 PM »

Pretty much his. Tonight is the end of his campaign.

We can only hope.

My big fear is that this will be the instigator for Trump's followers to start really organizing SA-style. The Trumpshirts or something.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #152 on: March 11, 2016, 10:01:51 PM »

I almost went and I wish I did. Proud of my city for standing up to fascist trump.

It may cause a suburban backlash.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #153 on: March 11, 2016, 10:01:55 PM »

When your campaign is in large part based on spewing hate and divisiveness, you shouldn't be surprised when you get hate spewed right back at you.

I don't agree with the protesters' methods by any means, but lets not pretend that Trump is an innocent victim here.  We might be entering the most violent and hateful campaign in recent history, and Trump deserves much of the blame for creating this situation.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #154 on: March 11, 2016, 10:02:42 PM »

I am disgusted by Chicago right now.

I cannot believe they only put mustard on their hot dogs, no ketchup.

LOL
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #155 on: March 11, 2016, 10:05:34 PM »

TRUMP is the least fascist candidate.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #156 on: March 11, 2016, 10:06:52 PM »

When your campaign is in large part based on spewing hate and divisiveness, you shouldn't be surprised when you get hate spewed right back at you.

I don't agree with the protesters' methods by any means, but lets not pretend that Trump is an innocent victim here.  We might be entering the most violent and hateful campaign in recent history, and Trump deserves much of the blame for creating this situation.

I am not getting your point. What has Trump ever done to deserve a violent reaction?
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #157 on: March 11, 2016, 10:07:22 PM »

Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #158 on: March 11, 2016, 10:08:27 PM »

I am disgusted by Chicago right now.

I cannot believe they only put mustard on their hot dogs, no ketchup.

LOL

That was gold!
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #159 on: March 11, 2016, 10:08:41 PM »

Tonight was a brouhaha of epic proportions
indysaff
reapersaff
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -5.91

« Reply #160 on: March 11, 2016, 10:09:36 PM »

Good.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #161 on: March 11, 2016, 10:15:46 PM »

I agree: Tonight is the end of Trump's campaign for the Republican nomination and the beginning of his general election candidacy. And, in a development that should surprise no one, the rest of the country isn't about to accept having that foisted on them as meekly as what's left of the Republican Party has.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #162 on: March 11, 2016, 10:18:16 PM »

Anyone who thinks this will hurt him in the primary clearly knows nothing about a typical Republican primary voter. Most likely this helps him.
Reginald
« Reply #163 on: March 11, 2016, 10:18:45 PM »

Yeah this guy would definitely improve the country. God, what percentage of the RNC is drinking anything in proximity right now?
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #164 on: March 11, 2016, 10:19:52 PM »

Both Cruz and Rubio have denounced Trump as the "only candidate whose rallies this happens at." Granted, their running against him in a primary right now, but Rubio even made a point to say that the Democrats don't have this problem. Watch for that clip to be used in ads against him in a general.
Zache

« Reply #165 on: March 11, 2016, 10:20:56 PM »

8 more months of all this.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #166 on: March 11, 2016, 10:23:05 PM »

Let's dispel with this fiction that Donald Trump doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing.

The reaction of many in this thread is exactly what Trump wants. He's seen the temperature rise for weeks, if not months, and he's been stoking the fire. Why do you think he purposely chose to do this rally in an undersized venue in the middle of Chicago on a Friday night? He knew there would be protests and violence. This is Nixonian "law and order" politics.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #167 on: March 11, 2016, 10:24:14 PM »

And then the 2020 race begins!
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #168 on: March 11, 2016, 10:24:40 PM »

And the thing with the picture of the bloodied policeman is that you can caption it whatever you want to create a narrative for both sides. There's not enough context in the image in and of itself.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #169 on: March 11, 2016, 10:27:00 PM »
« Edited: March 11, 2016, 10:29:26 PM by Mehmentum »

I don't agree with the protesters' methods by any means, but lets not pretend that Trump is an innocent victim here.  We might be entering the most violent and hateful campaign in recent history, and Trump deserves much of the blame for creating this situation.

I am not getting your point. What has Trump ever done to deserve a violent reaction?
Did I say he deserved a violent reaction?

I don't think anybody deserves violence inflicted on them just for what they say.  However, he certainly incited this reaction by repeatedly, blatantly, and unashamedly spewing hateful rhetoric.  He deserves a large portion of the blame for creating this situation.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #170 on: March 11, 2016, 10:31:37 PM »

Both Cruz and Rubio have denounced Trump as the "only candidate whose rallies this happens at." Granted, their running against him in a primary right now, but Rubio even made a point to say that the Democrats don't have this problem. Watch for that clip to be used in ads against him in a general.

Well certainly Rubio cant even fill a high school football field on his own district  much less worry about protesters.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #171 on: March 11, 2016, 10:33:52 PM »

I agree: Tonight is the end of Trump's campaign for the Republican nomination and the beginning of his general election candidacy. And, in a development that should surprise no one, the rest of the country isn't about to accept having that foisted on them as meekly as what's left of the Republican Party has.

I'm pretty surprised to hear that. Reading through that, I expected the logical conclusion to be that the country is going to accept that thanks to tactics of the opposition like this.

How did an idiot like Scott Walker win a recall election? Because of stupid stuff like this from the opposition that just really pushes people over the edge.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #172 on: March 11, 2016, 10:38:26 PM »

I'm pretty surprised to hear that. Reading through that, I expected the logical conclusion to be that the country is going to accept that thanks to tactics of the opposition like this.

How did an idiot like Scott Walker win a recall election? Because of stupid stuff like this from the opposition that just really pushes people over the edge.

Walker won because the Democratic candidates were unappealing garbage, not because of protests.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #173 on: March 11, 2016, 10:42:00 PM »

Walker won because the Democratic candidates were unappealing garbage, not because of protests.

Hmmm, unappealing candidate vs. super evil villain dictator who is killing working families. Meh, guess I'll just not vote.

The people had all the motivation they needed. The protests were a massive turnoff. You don't reward behavior like that. America hates protests.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #174 on: March 11, 2016, 10:45:34 PM »

These idiots just made Trump the nominee. Nice job, tards.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies