Who holds the blame for the events in Chicago?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:36:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who holds the blame for the events in Chicago?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
Poll
Question: .
Donald Trump

Trump supporters

Chicago police

The protesters

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 162

Author Topic: Who holds the blame for the events in Chicago?  (Read 12519 times)
ag
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2016, 09:49:38 AM »

Yeah. I don't like DFB. I do not wish him well. I wish he was one of the illegals he loves so much. This isn't exactly a new sentiment from me, and it long predates Trump, as DFB himself can attest.

Trust me: a lot of people around would not have a kind word to say in your favor when St. Peter is deciding whether to send you up or down.
MAKE HEAVAN GREAT AGAIN

Wherever you wind up, would be hell by definition.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2016, 09:51:56 AM »

Man.

Most days I'm pretty optimistic about the possibility that people mostly have the capacity not to be sadistic and/or oppressive toward people just for disagreeing with them.  This is an internet thread and doesn't change that.  But I've definitely hit my quota.  I'm disappointed in even some of the more "reasonable" voices in the last few pages.

I'm out.

That is what happens when the social norms are trampled upon. Some people did not like "political correctness" and wanted "straight talk". Well, they will get what they wanted.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2016, 09:53:31 AM »

Always Chicago isn't it.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2016, 10:00:40 AM »
« Edited: March 12, 2016, 10:03:22 AM by White Light »

Yeah. I don't like DFB. I do not wish him well. I wish he was one of the illegals he loves so much. This isn't exactly a new sentiment from me, and it long predates Trump, as DFB himself can attest.

Trust me: a lot of people around would not have a kind word to say in your favor when St. Peter is deciding whether to send you up or down.
MAKE HEAVAN GREAT AGAIN

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2016, 10:03:24 AM »

MAKE HEAVAN GREAT AGAIN

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
BRTD, I have news for you. There is no hell. You're trying to intimidate a No 'Heller Baptist.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2016, 10:04:58 AM »

Man.

Most days I'm pretty optimistic about the possibility that people mostly have the capacity not to be sadistic and/or oppressive toward people just for disagreeing with them.  This is an internet thread and doesn't change that.  But I've definitely hit my quota.  I'm disappointed in even some of the more "reasonable" voices in the last few pages.

I'm out.

That is what happens when the social norms are trampled upon. Some people did not like "political correctness" and wanted "straight talk". Well, they will get what they wanted.

Getting otherwise reasonable people to engage in the sort of pointlessly pseudo-sadistic behavior which, considering you can't actually hurt him, serves only to make him feel justified and make you look crazy?

Again, ugh, this thread.

As a rapist,... or possibly a good man, as I have been defined since the beginning of this campaign, I can hardly be resposible for the tone of this conversation. If you wonder, if I consider these guys personal enemies, do not keep wondering: I do.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2016, 10:08:56 AM »

Man.

I'm out.

Getting otherwise reasonable people to engage in the sort of pointlessly pseudo-sadistic behavior which, considering you can't actually hurt him, serves only to make him feel justified and make you look crazy?

Again, ugh, this thread.

As a rapist,... or possibly a good man, as I have been defined since the beginning of this campaign, I can hardly be resposible for the tone of this conversation. If you wonder, if I consider these guys personal enemies, do not keep wondering: I do.

Oh, well, here I was thinking it's kind of crazy to be pseudo-sadistic to people over the Internet to prove to them a point about how bad sadistic authoritarianism is (?!).  But, by all means, if you consider them personal enemies!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2016, 10:15:54 AM »

Man.

I'm out.

Again, ugh, this thread.

Well, seeing as you haven't crossed the border illegally and thus haven't wronged me, the feeling isn't mutual.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2016, 10:16:41 AM »

Man.

I'm out.

Yeah... I sympathize with those who are horrified by both sides. But at the same time, how do you stop a successful fascist demagogue without protest? And yes, protests can turn violent. My great-grandfather participated in union vs. corporation  protests a century ago. I remember speaking with him about them, and we've seen nothing yet.

This is probably going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

(My tinfoil hat-wearing side is starting to wonder if Trump isn't a plant by the powers that be to discredit the anti-establishment right for a generation.)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2016, 10:26:05 AM »
« Edited: March 12, 2016, 10:28:12 AM by Malcolm X »

To be even more transparent: I'm a human being, not some sort of automaton and I'm a Mexican one at that. As a result, this election has #rattled me and I feel angry and irritated all of the time. Because I spend a lot of my time reading and writing high-falutin publications, I feel the need to express myself using bigger words and such and to make my statements appear more meaningful. This leads to polemics that are mostly just vitriol. I'm letting off steam.

I'm not particularly pleased that I have to bear the burden of being Mexican this election cycle and feel irritated that other people are more concerned about FREE SPEECH and muh liberal freedoms than millions of families being separated or a current of xenophobia that's sweeping the West, yes. Are you surprised? Did you really have to make these posts to unearth this fact? Come on man! It's not that complex. Frankly, I'm irritated that you guys can afford to be "reasonable" because, ultimately, xenophobia and general hostility towards racial minorities has no affect on your existence.
This is basically a very elaborate way to say "I don't feel like discussing this issue, and you should check your privilege".

(And yes, xenophobia and general hostility towards minorities does affect my life.)
Dude don't even engage this guy. He basically is the reason why Trump is doing so well. The only shame is that he's the only legal member of his family here so we can't get rid of him.

I suppose old skinheads never die, they just lie dormant for a few years.  
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2016, 10:28:18 AM »

Trump created this kind of violence with his rhetoric and supporters. What you saw last night was thousands of people standing up to a bully. I condemn physical violence but Trump and his supporters had it coming with people revolting against him.

Trump took no responsibility. That's okay, Donald, it's your fault whether you want to admit it or not because of everything you have said has all built up for months. The volcano finally erupted.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2016, 10:30:22 AM »

Man.

I'm out.

Again, ugh, this thread.

Well, seeing as you haven't crossed the border illegally and thus haven't wronged me, the feeling isn't mutual.

Well you have wronged me and many others here. You did it gratuitously, unprovoked, just for the fun of it. And you are one of those who is endangering the world ad we know it, threatening to provoke countless deaths and infinite suffering. Wonder why so many people hate you?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2016, 10:43:27 AM »

* Trump himself, for inciting hatred and acting as a far-right populist rat catcher

So Trump is to blame for violence by the people who hate him because he makes them hate him?  If you punch me in the face and tell me it was because you thought I was ugly, is it my fault for being ugly?  This is the exact same sort of argument that WBC uses to win court cases again and again and again, and all hyperbole aside, Trump is pretty damn far from the WBC.

The apologists for Trump's bigotry know no bounds. After today it should be pretty damn clear what the consequences of letting Trump ascend to power would be. Anyone who isn't terrified and disgusted is fooling themselves.

The consequences would be that people would protest him and start fights?  That says more about the protesters than it does about Trump.  If the KKK had gone around burning churches in 2008, should we have said "now we can see clearly the terrifying consequences of Obama's ascent to power"?

This is 100% on Trump and his band of fascists.

It's truly disturbing and terrifying that we have so many fascists on this board. 

The largely peaceful protesters against literal fascists are not terrorists.

Please stop calling Trump and his supporters fascists in every post.  We get it, you got the memo that "racist" was getting worn out so it's time to switch to "fascist."  Stop repeating it in every post like a broken record.

The shoe fits. If you don't like wearing it, then stop supporting the palingentic ultra-nationalist populism.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2016, 12:11:47 PM »

To be even more transparent: I'm a human being, not some sort of automaton and I'm a Mexican one at that. As a result, this election has #rattled me and I feel angry and irritated all of the time. Because I spend a lot of my time reading and writing high-falutin publications, I feel the need to express myself using bigger words and such and to make my statements appear more meaningful. This leads to polemics that are mostly just vitriol. I'm letting off steam.

I'm not particularly pleased that I have to bear the burden of being Mexican this election cycle and feel irritated that other people are more concerned about FREE SPEECH and muh liberal freedoms than millions of families being separated or a current of xenophobia that's sweeping the West, yes. Are you surprised? Did you really have to make these posts to unearth this fact? Come on man! It's not that complex. Frankly, I'm irritated that you guys can afford to be "reasonable" because, ultimately, xenophobia and general hostility towards racial minorities has no affect on your existence.
This is basically a very elaborate way to say "I don't feel like discussing this issue, and you should check your privilege".

(And yes, xenophobia and general hostility towards minorities does affect my life.)
Dude don't even engage this guy. He basically is the reason why Trump is doing so well. The only shame is that he's the only legal member of his family here so we can't get rid of him.

I suppose old skinheads never die, they just lie dormant for a few years.  
No, I have a full head of hair. Big beautiful almond brown hair!
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2016, 12:16:46 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2016, 12:20:39 PM by Higgs »

Easily the protesters, and lol at Atlas victim blaming.

"If only Trump didn't say all these extreme things this wouldn't have happened!"
"If only she wasn't wearing those slutty clothes this wouldn't have happened!"
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2016, 12:18:41 PM »

Ask yourselves why other candidates don't have protestors like this and the reasons there started to be protesters.

I stand with the protesters. At least the ones who were peaceful about it.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2016, 12:20:40 PM »

Ask yourselves why other candidates don't have protestors like this and the reasons there started to be protesters.

Oh, except for those times when Black Lives Matter protest Bernie. And Hillary. Good times!

Protests like this? Because you have to have crowds like this and only Bernie does. Trump supporters are lunatics, but not lunatic enough to invade another person's rally...that is until this happened; we'll see if that starts.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2016, 12:24:01 PM »

Oh, except for those times when Black Lives Matter protest Bernie. And Hillary. Good times!

Protests like this? Because you have to have crowds like this and only Bernie does. Trump supporters are lunatics, but not lunatic enough to invade another person's rally...that is until this happened; we'll see if that starts.
Yeah last night was a declaration of war. I'm looking forward to it. Let's see Bernie take on some Pasco County hicks down there in Tampa. Those guys will send these whiny college kids packing.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2016, 12:29:36 PM »

Two people at Black Lives Matter protested Bernie's rally last Summer. What has happened since?

Now reflect on the number of protesters at Trump rallies.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2016, 12:30:29 PM »

Yeah last night was a declaration of war. I'm looking forward to it. Let's see Bernie take on some Pasco County hicks down there in Tampa. Those guys will send these whiny college kids packing.

Last night was standing up to hate speech.
Higgs

Political Matrix

« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2016, 12:34:10 PM »

No, last night was a bunch of protestors restricting free speech and inciting violence. They're f**king domestic terrorists.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #121 on: March 12, 2016, 12:35:51 PM »

No, last night was a bunch of protestors restricting free speech and inciting violence. They're f**king domestic terrorists.

Tell that to your candidate please
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #122 on: March 12, 2016, 12:38:08 PM »

Trump is the one inciting violence against his protesters and don't forget prople have the right to protest. Don't forget free speech applies to his critics.
Higgs

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: March 12, 2016, 12:38:29 PM »

Tell that to your candidate please

What does Rubio have anything to do with this.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #124 on: March 12, 2016, 12:40:10 PM »

Trump is the one inciting violence against his protesters and don't forget prople have the right to protest. Don't forget free speech applies to his critics.

Free speech doesn't apply to anybody in this scenario.
The right to protest exists so long as it doesn't infringe on Trump's rights to assemble and associate with who he pleases.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies