Who holds the blame for the events in Chicago?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:52:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who holds the blame for the events in Chicago?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Poll
Question: .
Donald Trump

Trump supporters

Chicago police

The protesters

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 162

Author Topic: Who holds the blame for the events in Chicago?  (Read 12541 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: March 12, 2016, 12:40:28 PM »

Ask yourselves why other candidates don't have protestors like this and the reasons there started to be protesters.

I stand with the protesters. At least the ones who were peaceful about it.

Oh, except for those times when Black Lives Matter protest Bernie. And Hillary. Good times!

Protests like this? Because you have to have crowds like this and only Bernie does. Trump supporters are lunatics, but not lunatic enough to invade another person's rally...that is until this happened; we'll see if that starts.
Yeah last night was a declaration of war. I'm looking forward to it. Let's see Bernie take on some Pasco County hicks down there in Tampa. Those guys will send these whiny college kids packing.

Last night was standing up to hate speech.

No, last night was a bunch of protestors restricting free speech and inciting violence. They're f**king domestic terrorists.

Trump is the one inciting violence against his protesters and don't forget prople have the right to protest. Don't forget free speech applies to his critics.
Free speech exists in public. On the streets. It doesn't apply at private events where you and your ilk are not welcomed.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #126 on: March 12, 2016, 12:40:41 PM »

Ask yourselves why other candidates don't have protestors like this and the reasons there started to be protesters.

Oh, except for those times when Black Lives Matter protest Bernie. And Hillary. Good times!

Protests like this? Because you have to have crowds like this and only Bernie does. Trump supporters are lunatics, but not lunatic enough to invade another person's rally...that is until this happened; we'll see if that starts.
Yeah last night was a declaration of war. I'm looking forward to it. Let's see Bernie take on some Pasco County hicks down there in Tampa. Those guys will send these whiny college kids packing.

No, last night was a bunch of protestors restricting free speech and inciting violence. They're f**king domestic terrorists.

Trump is the one inciting violence against his protesters and don't forget prople have the right to protest. Don't forget free speech applies to his critics.

Were you not watching the coverage? It was the protesters, not his supporters, that got violent.

Of course free speech applies to his protesters but when your form of protest is restricting another person's free speech, then you're in the wrong.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #127 on: March 12, 2016, 12:41:47 PM »

Free speech doesn't apply to anybody in this scenario.
The right to protest exists so long as it doesn't infringe on Trump's rights to assemble and associate with who he pleases.

Whose rights did the protesters infringe on last night? Trump called it off.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #128 on: March 12, 2016, 12:42:52 PM »

Tell that to your candidate please

What does Rubio have anything to do with this.

I heard people on the radio this morning saying that Rubio had blamed it on Trump, but looking at the actual quote in context it's clear that Rubio has his act together on this.  I disavow my previous post.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #129 on: March 12, 2016, 12:43:04 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2016, 12:45:01 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market »

Guys, guys, look...I find Rubio to be a completely incompetent tool that terrifies me, but let's not fight each other. Don't let the left win. To think I was seriously considering voting for Bernie Sanders (or maybe even Hillary Clinton)! This was a major wake-up call. We must unite against these morally backwards individuals.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #130 on: March 12, 2016, 12:43:48 PM »

The right to protest exists so long as it doesn't infringe on Trump's rights to assemble and associate with who he pleases.

You're darn right Trump called it off because he is a loving figure who doesn't want to see anybody get hurt. Not all men are created so good.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #131 on: March 12, 2016, 12:44:04 PM »

I heard people on the radio this morning saying that Rubio had blamed it on Trump, but looking at the actual quote in context it's clear that Rubio has his act together on this.  I disavow my previous post.

I blame the violence on the protesters but I blame the uprising and the protests on Trump.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #132 on: March 12, 2016, 12:44:52 PM »

You're darn right Trump called it off because he is a loving figure who doesn't want to see anybody get hurt. Not all men are created so good.

You mean like when he defends his supporters getting violent against protesters?
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #133 on: March 12, 2016, 12:46:06 PM »

I blame the rape on the rapists but I blame their motivation on the victim.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #134 on: March 12, 2016, 12:46:55 PM »

You mean like when he defends his supporters getting violent against protesters?

The protesters have no right to be there. I go to a Hillary rally and silently listen to what she has to say. Not a peep. And I find her to be incredibly repulsive.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #135 on: March 12, 2016, 12:47:34 PM »

The protesters have no right to be there. I go to a Hillary rally and silently listen to what she has to say. Not a peep. And I find her to be incredibly repulsive.

People have every right to protest his rally.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2016, 12:48:42 PM »

Just by reading this thread, I can tell a lot of tribal thinking is going around and if this, in any way, echoes what the majority of Trump's supporters are thinking, this chaos was just the beginning of something much more threatening.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #137 on: March 12, 2016, 12:49:02 PM »

They can protest by refusing to go or staging their own event. You are not welcome in my house uninvited.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #138 on: March 12, 2016, 12:52:57 PM »

They can protest by refusing to go or staging their own event. You are not welcome in my house uninvited.

If people want to hold anti-Trump signs at his rally or boo him, that is their right.

Going on stage to attack him is not right but they can still protest at the rally.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #139 on: March 12, 2016, 12:54:48 PM »

If people want to hold anti-Trump signs at his rally or boo him, that is their right.

Going on stage to attack him is not right but they can still protest at the rally.

True and it is Trump's right to have them forcefully ejected by having security drag them out if he doesn't want them to be there.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #140 on: March 12, 2016, 12:55:35 PM »

The best part of this post is that we all know that if a college kid so much as frowned at Sanchez during a Trump rally, Sanchez would immediately piss his pants and start desperately pleading with the person not to hurt him (assuming he could stop crying long enough to get the words out, which is doubtful).
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #141 on: March 12, 2016, 12:55:51 PM »

It's pretty obvious Trump wanted this to happen so he can keep up the conservative persecution complex going.

He knew what was going to happen.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #142 on: March 12, 2016, 12:57:06 PM »

Were you not watching the coverage? It was the protesters, not his supporters, that got violent.

There were 30+ arrests outside, earlier in the day. But inside and after the cancellation, there were like half a dozen. It got loud and confrontational, but not very violent for this sort of thing.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #143 on: March 12, 2016, 12:57:52 PM »

True and it is Trump's right to have them forcefully ejected by having security drag them out if he doesn't want them to be there.

People protest Trump because of his rhetoric. Him telling supporters to knock protesters out, he wants to punch them, defending John McGraw, these are all fighting words.

For the last seven years Obama has been called the divider in chief. Trump's potential administration would be erosion on an even higher scale.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #144 on: March 12, 2016, 01:01:54 PM »

I didn't see what happened in Chicago yesterday but my initial sense from what I've read is that its Trump's fault. Over and over again, he has incited violence at his rallies. At some point it was going to boil over the top.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #145 on: March 12, 2016, 01:07:35 PM »

So the Europeanisation of American politics continues: we now have American antifa.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #146 on: March 12, 2016, 01:11:40 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2016, 01:20:48 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market »

People protest Trump because of his rhetoric. Him telling supporters to knock protesters out, he wants to punch them, defending John McGraw, these are all fighting words.

For the last seven years Obama has been called the divider in chief. Trump's potential administration would be erosion on an even higher scale.

The last thing we need is more Sanders people criticizing the great leadership of Obama. Let's stop perpetuating this myth. The only reason he is divisive is because of Fox News profiteering off their race-baiting. He is a fantastic and strong leader who has made America better than ever before. Please stop siding with the morons on the right. Even repeating their words is not OK.

Likewise, Trump would not be divisive if not for media fabrications. Sure, he is behind some of it, but in the end, he is the one talking about deal-making, compromise and peace in the Middle East. Very divisive behavior.

McGraw was right btw. The protester was not peaceful. Raising your fingers to the crowd is a sign of hate and anger. Unsurprising that that would happen.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #147 on: March 12, 2016, 01:18:00 PM »

Amusing to see everyone take their positions and defend their candidate/candidate's supporters so vigorously.

Very few, or perhaps no one, seems to be here to actually debate the blame / core issues at play here. It's just a finger pointing thread. So pointless.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #148 on: March 12, 2016, 01:18:29 PM »

I didn't see what happened in Chicago yesterday but my initial sense from what I've read is that its Trump's fault. Over and over again, he has incited violence at his rallies. At some point it was going to boil over the top.

Perhaps, but I would have placed money on it happening in Chicago. Funny how that happens...
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #149 on: March 12, 2016, 01:20:22 PM »

The last thing we need is more Sanders people criticizing the great leadership of Obama. Let's stop perpetuating this myth. The only reason he is divisive is because of Fox News profiteering off his race-baiting. He is a fantastic and strong leader who has made America better than ever before. Please stop siding with the morons on the right. Even repeating their words is not OK.

Likewise, Trump would not be divisive if not for media fabrications. Sure, he is behind some of it, but in the end, he is the one talking about deal-making, compromise and peace in the Middle East. Very divisive behavior.

McGraw was right btw. The protester was not peaceful. Raising your fingers to the crowd is a sign of hate and anger. Unsurprising that that would happen.

Trump wants to commit war crimes. Then lied about it.

I never once said Obama has divided us. I said what other people have said and that Trump would divide us like we've never seen before.

So flipping off a crowd gives someone a right to punch that person and say on camera he would kill said person if he ever saw him again?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies