Who holds the blame for the events in Chicago? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:02:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who holds the blame for the events in Chicago? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: .
Donald Trump

Trump supporters

Chicago police

The protesters

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 162

Author Topic: Who holds the blame for the events in Chicago?  (Read 12553 times)
SillyAmerican
United States

« on: March 12, 2016, 08:19:06 AM »

The following seems pretty clear:

• Sadly, it appears that the city of Chicago has decided to set aside a presidential candidate's right of free speech and the right of a group of people to peacefully assemble.
  • It was good of Trump to cancel the event, given the activities of the protesters, the possibility of violence/problems, and the recommendations of those law enforcement folks on the ground.
  • Apparently the protesters in question are organized supporters of Bernie Sanders. Will we be hearing from Sanders about his support of the rights granted by the constitution? What would happen if protesters prevented a Sanders event from taking place?
  • One reason Donald Trump is the GOP frontrunner is the perception many have that there exists a double standard with regard to the treatment of those on the left and those on the right. If freedom of speech applies only to those with whom we agree, haven't we failed as a nation? Can't we all agree that as a principle, we need to protect the rights of those who want to wave the flag as well as those who want to burn it?
  • I contend that things like this will only serve to strengthen Trump's support.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 01:18:29 PM »

I didn't see what happened in Chicago yesterday but my initial sense from what I've read is that its Trump's fault. Over and over again, he has incited violence at his rallies. At some point it was going to boil over the top.

Perhaps, but I would have placed money on it happening in Chicago. Funny how that happens...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies