***CNN Townhall (Democrats) - Sunday 13th March - 8-10pm ET - Columbus Ohio*** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:19:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  ***CNN Townhall (Democrats) - Sunday 13th March - 8-10pm ET - Columbus Ohio*** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ***CNN Townhall (Democrats) - Sunday 13th March - 8-10pm ET - Columbus Ohio***  (Read 2764 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 13, 2016, 01:28:38 PM »
« edited: March 13, 2016, 01:39:33 PM by Castro »

Guess this is the difference - All Hillary fans are tired & don't want to hear her speak. Bernie fans like to hear him speak & are passionate.

I like Townhalls more than debates because of the personal nature & ability to interact with voters - You take questions & stuff - Just like the format more than debates due to the interactive nature - It's also often lighter & more fun!

I'm tired of hearing Bernie speak. Did you get his fundraising email today, Shadows? He says the next two days are the most important of his campaign and he hopes to overtake Hillary by June. That should give you lots of confidence. Keep donating for the cause!

I mostly skip or fast forward through the Hillary parts - Otherwise I'm outrages at lies - That's the problem with debates I can't skip, You could skip the Bernie parts as well if you want.

You don't have to worry about Donation thing - We've got a very strong online team, we don't need mails anyways, the donations will come & people have their own internal calculations of who can overtake him.

We're not kids, maybe you people are used to that - I know Hillary send mails to her supporters saying Bernie out-raised her and out-spend her in Michigan & send 1$ as contribution to get Hillary's average contribution down - Seen those mails.

Bernie is part of a movement which drives itself - We don't need mails anyways!

But does it instill confidence in you that his goal is to overtake her by June? And what movement is he leading? When he loses and goes back to Vermont do you actually think he is going to start a Democratic movement? I bet he switches political affiliations again.

If Sanders were to overtake in delegates before June, the nomination would probably be his easily (which is to say that's not going to happen). I think its been evident for some time that the calendar is very Sanders friendly at the end, and that a win would always come at the 11th hour.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 07:27:01 PM »

Wasn't Sanders saying free college for all? He seems to have changed what he was saying before.

He's always specified that it's not simply free college in general for all, but specifically free tuition for public schools. The questions posed are always phrased as free college for all, and he has to correct it every time.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 07:54:23 PM »

Wasn't Sanders saying free college for all? He seems to have changed what he was saying before.

He's always specified that it's not simply free college in general for all, but specifically free tuition for public schools. The questions posed are always phrased as free college for all, and he has to correct it every time.

Ignoring how hard it will actually be. But who cares? Aspiration!

I was just making a correction. Yes it will be hard, but we should know what we're talking about here.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 08:00:36 PM »

The framing was different before. As I recall, he was promising free college for all and saying that it would be a cost savings, similar to single payer health care.

If you can find an example of that my apologies, but I don't believe that is true.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 08:30:36 PM »

The framing was different before. As I recall, he was promising free college for all and saying that it would be a cost savings, similar to single payer health care.

If you can find an example of that my apologies, but I don't believe that is true.

He introduced a bill called the Free College for All Act. In addition, his framing in earlier debates was not the same as it was tonight.

The very first line in the summary description of that bill is: "Eliminate Undergraduate Tuition at 4-year Public Colleges and Universities". Again, just find one clip or quote suggesting otherwise.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies