***CNN Townhall (Democrats) - Sunday 13th March - 8-10pm ET - Columbus Ohio*** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:43:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  ***CNN Townhall (Democrats) - Sunday 13th March - 8-10pm ET - Columbus Ohio*** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ***CNN Townhall (Democrats) - Sunday 13th March - 8-10pm ET - Columbus Ohio***  (Read 2772 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: March 13, 2016, 01:53:57 AM »

Christ almighty.... another one?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 07:51:39 PM »

Wasn't Sanders saying free college for all? He seems to have changed what he was saying before.

He's always specified that it's not simply free college in general for all, but specifically free tuition for public schools. The questions posed are always phrased as free college for all, and he has to correct it every time.

Ignoring how hard it will actually be. But who cares? Aspiration!
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 07:57:10 PM »

Wasn't Sanders saying free college for all? He seems to have changed what he was saying before.

He's always specified that it's not simply free college in general for all, but specifically free tuition for public schools. The questions posed are always phrased as free college for all, and he has to correct it every time.

Ignoring how hard it will actually be. But who cares? Aspiration!

I was just making a correction. Yes it will be hard, but we should know what we're talking about here.

Sorry - not having a crack at you, just irritated at how the issue is being spun.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 08:08:19 PM »

Logistically, it's not going to be any harder for Sanders to get many of his policy goals passed than it will be for Clinton, unless her policy goals are scaling back Social Security/Medicare and handing out corporate tax breaks, of course...and even then, they'll probably just obstruct because it's reflexive for them at this point.

Why is nobody calling Clinton's ideas pie in the sky? Do people think the Congress is just going to get along with her splendidly and say "anything you want, ma'am"?

I think people are saying Sanders's policies wouldn't work even if they were passed into law.

And require a hell of lot more cooperation than just Congress.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 08:32:13 PM »

Logistically, it's not going to be any harder for Sanders to get many of his policy goals passed than it will be for Clinton, unless her policy goals are scaling back Social Security/Medicare and handing out corporate tax breaks, of course...and even then, they'll probably just obstruct because it's reflexive for them at this point.

Why is nobody calling Clinton's ideas pie in the sky? Do people think the Congress is just going to get along with her splendidly and say "anything you want, ma'am"?

I think people are saying Sanders's policies wouldn't work even if they were passed into law.

And require a hell of lot more cooperation than just Congress.

I don't think we should pretend that most of the complaints about this are that nuanced. Besides, a lot of what Clinton is purportedly proposing is 80% of the way there compared to Sanders with respect to cost, complexity and logistical hurdles.

I'm only talking about my own views - not bothering to defend anyone else's
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 09:24:23 PM »

Thought both were okay, Hillary is a master manipulator & a phony. My disdain for her only increased hearing her speak, but she is smart, I will give her that! Skilled politician

And Hillary hacks in this forum - Look @ their ridiculous posts - They are like a gang hired by her, waiting to pounce of Sanders & if needed are ready to twist facts for that. It's very unfortunate that this is what people's life has become.

Anyways guess it's time to pull down the thread from being locked or something

Hatred and spite gives you wrinkles.

But seriously, can you use a little more nuance in your responses. Your melodramatic pronouncements don't help your cause.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies